New Song: "Here Comes the Shock"

Sanity Loan

7 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

He never recorded or released that song so people don’t know about it. It’s basically his version of Hey Jude and it’s great. I also love Baby Blue I wish he would have released versions of both of those for The Longshot EP.  But The Longshot in general is one of the best examples that he’s still got it. But I get what you’re saying, I want people to know and acknowledge Green Day’s greatness too, and not just for their past glories 

Yes, I want people to acknowledge Green Day. It doesn't matter how much I love them. It's like... I had a girlfriend, and I knew how awesome she was, but noone seemed to care.

1 minute ago, pacejunkie punk said:

A computer would write a better song than HCTS

I would love to try that out. Code to make it happen is open source, so I’m surprised no one has tried it yet.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

wow on a side note: that's some scary shit right there :o

I agree! This freaked me out, but it’s fascinating at the same time. I went down the AI generated music rabbit hole  and found lots of uncanny stuff.

Check this out:

https://jukebox.openai.com

Some are less accurate than others, but it’s unsettling either way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beerjeezus said:

Some are less accurate than others, but it’s unsettling either way.

*Off-topic start*

Oh yeah fascinating it certainly is, I just feel like (dare I say it) that there are some select areas where people are doing research not so much because the results would be beneficial to humanity, but just because it's very exciting/fascinating to push the boundaries of what can be physically done. I'd say that kind of research is pretty much the exception, but this is one of those areas (in my humble opinion). I mean, I totally get it, if I were in the researchers' shoes I'd probably do the same. But yeah, it's honestly starting to be a little unsettling..

*End of off-topic*

Speaking about the song, I've got over my inital "shock" to be honest. I don't know where the guys and especially Billie are in their life, wether they were having a blast recording this or not, but it doesn't matter. I've also been feeling rather grumpy in the last few months of lock-down so I've kinda adopted the position of who am I to judge lol.

Yes, I still think it's a terrible song and I absolutely think they can do better. But they probably know either of those things too. I suppose Billie (and the rest) kinda need to get some time off where they can get out there again, but just have fun, no pressure. I feel like a propper full-length Green Day/ Foxboro Hot Tubs club tour would do them really good! 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

*Off-topic start*

Oh yeah fascinating it certainly is, I just feel like (dare I say it) that there are some select areas where people are doing research not so much because the results would be beneficial to humanity, but just because it's very exciting/fascinating to push the boundaries of what can be physically done. I'd say that kind of research is pretty much the exception, but this is one of those areas (in my humble opinion). I mean, I totally get it, if I were in the researchers' shoes I'd probably do the same. But yeah, it's honestly starting to be a little unsettling..

*End of off-topic*

Speaking about the song, I've got over my inital "shock" to be honest. I don't know where the guys and especially Billie are in their life, wether they were having a blast recording this or not, but it doesn't matter. I've also been feeling rather grumpy in the last few months of lock-down so I've kinda adopted the position of who am I to judge lol.

Yes, I still think it's a terrible song and I absolutely think they can do better. But they probably know either of those things too. I suppose Billie (and the rest) kinda need to get some time off where they can get out there again, but just have fun, no pressure. I feel like a propper full-length Green Day/ Foxboro Hut Tubs club tour would do them really good! 

I know this isn't going to make this seem any less dystopian, but I don't think this research isn't applicable. I can imagine that there might be a market for AI copies of famous artists' music. A lot of us have enjoyed Panicland's fake Green Day even with the knowledge that it's a copy. So in the future, if a legal framework for distributing music like this can be made, it's possible that there will be a market for it.

7 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I know this isn't going to make this seem any less dystopian, but I don't think this research isn't applicable. I can imagine that there might be a market for AI copies of famous artists' music. A lot of us have enjoyed Panicland's fake Green Day even with the knowledge that it's a copy. So in the future, if a legal framework for distributing music like this can be made, it's possible that there will be a market for it.

Certainly posthumously I can see there being an interest, as creepy as it seems.  It's like holograms of dead singers performing.  Can you just imagine "new" Mozart symphonies or John Lennon songs?

And I can't speak for the band obviously but a Green Day or side band club tour would do me a world of good 😍

19 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Certainly posthumously I can see there being an interest, as creepy as it seems.  It's like holograms of dead singers performing.  Can you just imagine "new" Mozart symphonies or John Lennon songs?

And I can't speak for the band obviously but a Green Day or side band club tour would do me a world of good 😍

Yes and holograms are pretty creepy too and there's a market for them. This composition was created last year from unfinished fragments by a composer who died over a hundred years ago. It's just nowhere near as good as anything he actually wrote. (Just compare how much more vivid and memorable the human-written melody is here.)  That's the main issue, but with pop music, there's a lot more of nostalgia and feelings attached, so I can see that very well as a possibility.

Club tour >>>> anything else. And with restrictions on capacity in place, we might actually get one :P

On 3/30/2021 at 10:09 AM, Bakabanas said:

Yes, I want people to acknowledge Green Day. It doesn't matter how much I love them. It's like... I had a girlfriend, and I knew how awesome she was, but noone seemed to care.

Wait, just how much do you want other people appreciating your girlfriend LOL?

2 hours ago, BillieMyLove said:

Wait, just how much do you want other people appreciating your girlfriend LOL?

I don't know. I might be talking non-sense. I haven't talked with anyone for several months now openly. I am just writing here. Don't take my words seriously, it's quarantine.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bakabanas said:

I don't know. I might be talking non-sense. I haven't talked with anyone for several months now openly. I am just writing here. Don't take my words seriously, it's quarantine.

I feel you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

During the last part of the chorus of HCTS, you can hear Billie talking/shouting/singing something different than the lyrics on the left speaker. Does anyone understand what he is saying? 🤔