New Song: "Here Comes the Shock"

Sanity Loan

Just now, Cunt said:

I wonder how far down Crush will drag this bands image before it’s all said and done. It’s not to say that they are a bad management group all together but you can’t promote green day like fall out boy.

That’s true, but it’s the band who writes the music...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Matt. said:

What’s the alternative?

Move to different management or Crush needs to promote Green Day more maturely. Yeah I get that the fan base spans across generations but the majority of fans are adults. Watching this video it’s like something a bunch of 12 year olds would snicker at. 

• Like 1

Just now, pacejunkie punk said:

I’ve got to give it another listen but I stand by my opinion that the best Green Day music since 2018 has come from the side projects. 

If 21CB didn’t exist, since 2007. And I’m a fan of the trilogy and RevRad.

• Like 3

Just now, 龑美優 (Miyu Yan) said:

Listening to this, I really do not understand the hate for the song. It is pretty standard GD stuff. 

The songs okay but the video definitely drags it down. 

Just now, 龑美優 (Miyu Yan) said:

Listening to this, I really do not understand the hate for the song. It is pretty standard GD stuff. 

I don’t hate it, it’s just so basic

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cunt said:

The songs okay but the video definitely drags it down. 

I hate most Green Day videos, so that does not particularly bother me. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I’ve got to give it another listen but I stand by my opinion that the best Green Day music since 2018 has come from the side projects. 

Yeah. Can’t blame Crush. This sounds like a song they wrote in under five minutes 

Definitely. I’d say since 21Cb

Yeah and I’m fine with them releasing it for NHL, but I don’t know, why you’d put resources into promoting a b-side as a single when you’ve released a network album with so many actually good songs.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 龑美優 (Miyu Yan) said:

Not really. The band usually has meaningful lyrics and don’t resort to cheap tricks like four word repetitive choruses.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Okay listened again with headphones and that sniff goes from left to right like someone is doing a line. WTF with the coke references already 🙄

Coke is good for you

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Okay listened again with headphones and that sniff goes from left to right like someone is doing a line. WTF with the coke references already 🙄

And this is definitely a b-side in quality no doubt

:lol: I have to appreciate the finesse they put into recording someone doing a line

• Haha 4

Seriously any more coke references with this band and I’m gonna interpret it as a cry for help. It’s not cool or edgy at nearly 50 it’s just sad.

What other references to it have there been recently? I must be blanking.

Seriously any more coke references with this band and I’m gonna interpret it as a cry for help. It’s not cool or edgy at nearly 50 it’s just sad.

It’s sad/embarrassing either way. Very how do you do fellow kids at best.

• Like 4

Yeah....very disappointing. I actually think the video is the most fun thing about this release. Can’t imagine I’ll listen to this again unless it ends up on an album in the future (really hoping that’s not the case).

I’m a big fan of FOAM, which I think is super fun and experimental in places in a good way.  I’d put money on all the FOAM detractors positively re-evaluating that album after a bit of time.

I wish they’d saved some of the more interesting Billie songs from MM2020 Pt 2 for Green Day and released a shorter album by The Network focusing on Mike’s songs which I thought were really strong on that album and more representative of The Network for me.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

This is probably to be expected with it being about a year since father of all. They usually wait 3 or 4 years. Just hope they wait longer to release a full album