What do you expect for the next Green Day album?

legendary

12 minutes ago, Virginia Lot Lizard said:

Yesssssss to all of that! Trilogy for the win… there’s so much there and so much to love…

Why the fuckkkkkkkkkkk was it abandoned? Thank goodness for the Longshot and the Otis Mixes ❤️

My guess is that after the iHeart Radio incident and Billie’s rehab, the Trilogy would be forever linked to that and it would bring back painful memories. But the Otis remixes IMO prove that he’s getting over it

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

My guess is that after the iHeart Radio incident and Billie’s rehab, the Trilogy would be forever linked to that and it would bring back painful memories. But the Otis remixes IMO prove that he’s getting over it

Not sure it’s that or a Billie reason. The Longshot plays Trilogy songs every set. I think there’s more to it why Green Day don’t play those songs. Not sure why. Or why they don’t play any FOAM. The Trilogy may be a victim of bad timing or something. Hopefully time will change that and those records will get the appreciation they deserve.

I’m hoping Green Day just randomly drops a Trilogy song like nothing ever happened and those records hadn’t been forgotten by the band or fans. Definitely not forgotten.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Virginia Lot Lizard said:

Not sure it’s that or a Billie reason. The Longshot plays Trilogy songs every set. I think there’s more to it why Green Day don’t play those songs. Not sure why. Or why they don’t play any FOAM. The Trilogy may be a victim of bad timing or something. Hopefully time will change that and those records will get the appreciation they deserve.

I’m hoping Green Day just randomly drops a Trilogy song like nothing ever happened and those records hadn’t been forgotten by the band or fans. Definitely not forgotten.

To this day, it bugs me how Billie said how he wrote Dirty Rotten Bastards as an arena anthem yet they still haven’t played it live!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

To this day, it bugs me how Billie said how he wrote Dirty Rotten Bastards as an arena anthem yet they still haven’t played it live!

Hopefully next tour! 

6 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

Considering DRB is one of the songs from the trilogy that people liked more than most, I could possibly see them playing that song at some point. Although with how they've ignored the trilogy and now how they're even ignoring their most recent album FOAMF, idk how likely it is

• Like 2

On 12/2/2021 at 5:49 PM, GDFan2019 said:

I just realized that Billie will be turning 50 in February, so what if the theme of the next album is mid-life crisis?!?!?!?

Cradle songs for a mid-life

don't forget to pass me by

We have some choices of where to meet Billie, and I probably missed a few:  

Bathroom Stall

Whispering Wall

THE ROOF

If he's not there, go to the edge of the world.  

• Haha 1

I just want a new big album on their career like AI/Dookie or 21 CB, at least.

I know may I'm asking too much, but It's because when they was mainstream I wasn't born yet (Dookie) or I was just a little kid (AI).

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Arthur_Rhuan said:

apparently a fan met billie at the golden bull and billie tell him that green day will release 6 new songs they recorded in the UK. could be an EP. nothing confirmed, thougth.

link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/hellamegatour/permalink/3144081155716222/

Wow, if that's legit, then that's awesome! But... after previous fails, I can't be so sure anymore.

maybe a short EP, 6 new songs + the most recent ones they released?

in support of their european hella mega tour? (if it can take place lol)

I’d be excited if this were legit but why would Billie tell a random fan about a new record and trust him to keep it a secret? It obviously failed because we wouldn’t be talking about this right now!!!

11 hours ago, legendary said:

I just want a new big album on their career like AI/Dookie or 21 CB, at least.

I know may I'm asking too much, but It's because when they was mainstream I wasn't born yet (Dookie) or I was just a little kid (AI).

I hope it’s another rock opera based on everything that happened in the past year and a half. Covid, BLM, the election, and all the political unrest!

• Like 2

Mike Dirnt producing with Billie Joe on bass.  

Tre Cool on guitar.  

Does anyone know if Mongo Fink is free to do vocals and drums?  

Reto Peter on keytar - I think he'd be good at it. 

It's be some serious, show gazing crap. 

monotone and dreary, with titles like "What the Neighbors Say" and "I'm a Disaster" because that made everyone so mad when they did that last time.    Other titles could include but not limited to "Not Alone" and "Outcast".  

Sooooo…..

Billie comes back to Instagram, he tells a fan they just recorded six new songs, and he makes a joke post teasing about their next album cover.   

Is this thread good for speculation or is it time to start a new one?

• Love 1

34 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Sooooo…..

Billie comes back to Instagram, he tells a fan they just recorded six new songs, and he makes a joke post teasing about their next album cover.   

Is this thread good for speculation or is it time to start a new one?

It just hit me, in our speculation thread for what became FOAM, someone claimed to have bumped into Billie who told him a single will be out in September and the album would be out in February. We all said how that can’t possibly be true then it actually happened!!! Maybe history is about to repeat itself!! 🤔

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

It just hit me, in our speculation thread for what became FOAM, someone claimed to have bumped into Billie who told him a single will be out in September and the album would be out in February. We all said how that can’t possibly be true then it actually happened!!! Maybe history is about to repeat itself!! 🤔

Yeah that was the last time he did it. The time before that was 2018 when he told a fan at a Coverups show that he just started a project called The Longshot.  This is what he does so buckle up

• Like 2

Damn, apparently I failed at getting the chance to ask him these questions when I saw him the other night. Although in reality there's no way I had the courage to go talk to him 

• Like 4

On 12/2/2021 at 4:49 PM, GDFan2019 said:

I just realized that Billie will be turning 50 in February, so what if the theme of the next album is mid-life crisis?!?!?!?

21CB kind of was about midlife crisis...

On 12/2/2021 at 5:27 PM, Red said:

TLDR: The album really is an underrated masterpiece, and I really hope the band will revisit the concept again in the future.

It's far from unheard of for that to happen, though. A person throws their heart into a project and it becomes a huge hit, so they throw every fiber of their being into the next one and it doesn't reach the same heights. Not every followup project can be The Godfather: Part II. The criticism I remember hearing back then is that it tried to do everything AI did, but on a bigger scale. Instead of channeling the Clash, the Beatles and the earlier Who vibe, they went for the massive sound of '70s Who, Queen, KISS, and the other huge arena bands, and it didn't quite work out. For every A Night at the Opera, there's A Day at the Races. For every Alive, there's Alive II (although Alive III and IV were the real crimes against nature).

The negative opinions towards 21CB were influenced by AI, as they really should have been. The album was being compared to the album before it, the one it was trying to improve upon by being bigger, louder and more complicated, and while those of us who were at the 21CB shows, especially the stadium tour, would probably tell you that they were some of the most wonderful, amazing, over the top displays of music ever seen, the album wasn't as well received. The songs on 21CB translated to the live setting much better than they did to an album. Awesome as Fuck really shows that well.

Yes, I know I just replied something totally different in your status update. I reserve the right to change my mind 100% of the time.

On 12/2/2021 at 5:47 PM, GDFan2019 said:

Another thing I just realized, in 2022, it will be the 10th anniversary of the Trilogy!!! I wonder if they will finally give it the love and attention it deserves, play more Trilogy songs on tour, and release a complete Otis Mix of all 3 albums!!!! Because so far, we only got Fell For You, Oh Love, Wild One, and Lazy Bones!!!

The Trilogy was a flop for the band in every way. Aside from occasionally showing up in BJA's solo shows, I would be surprised if songs from it ever turned up again.

Although I admit, I'd crap myself with glee if, at a future Green Day show, I heard Stay the Night.

On 12/2/2021 at 5:53 PM, jengd said:

I thought that was the last one 😂😂

I trust you are being ironic!

seriously, am not a FOAM hater at all but it does feel like a mid life last grab at the party side of life.

FOAM was a middle finger directed squarely at their old label, not an effort to reclaim their former glory or drop another #1 platinum record. The band's stopped just short of saying as much.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Tre's Busted Drumkit said:

The negative opinions towards 21CB were influenced by AI, as they really should have been. The album was being compared to the album before it, the one it was trying to improve upon by being bigger, louder and more complicated, and while those of us who were at the 21CB shows, especially the stadium tour, would probably tell you that they were some of the most wonderful, amazing, over the top displays of music ever seen, the album wasn't as well received. The songs on 21CB translated to the live setting much better than they did to an album. Awesome as Fuck really shows that well.

You pretty much hit the nail on the head here.

I think the 21CB tour was probably the best tour the band ever had. I just love the way the art was brought to life on stage and how epic the whole thing felt, but at the same time had just enough intimacy to make each show feel unique and special (Speaking of, remember story time with Billie during Before the Lobotomy? ☺️💓🥺).
Holy shit I am glad we got AAF, and was fortunate enough to be one of the people who were able to go to one of those shows. It was Green Day perfection.

On another note I think its an interesting thing to think about that if the album wasn't released after AI it wouldn't have the stigma of being "the AI follow up album" and might have had the room it needed to breathe to have had it's own time to shine and maybe, just maybe would have have been a bit more appreciated for what it is...

..and my God, what it is, is an actual masterpiece in my eyes and may now officially even be my favourite album by the band. Just fucking wow.