Blowing The Doors Off The Green Day Vault ( Jeremy's Share Thread)

Jeremy.Schaftel

10 minutes ago, Too domb to die said:

I generally just think they weren't particularly happy with their performances. I can understand not wanting to mass produce something that you didn't enjoy or you feel you played badly. I know they've gone on record saying they thought their woodstock performance was bad.

Yeah, I've heard that same quote about the band thinking woodstock wasn't even a particularly good show for the dookie tour, but we wound up getting a vinyl release of it a couple years back, so who knows if something like that would continue to be a deterrent 

1 hour ago, Gonzalo17 said:

Awesome as fuck It must have been a double álbum with all the songs performed on that tour, all over the world

AAF is a 2xLP, i've got the pink adeline press of it. But yeah, I didn't even think about all the shows on that tour that must've been recorded for that live record.

EDIT: it also just occurred to me they must've recorded their whole 2001 Japanese tour, given the fact that Tune In, Tokyo... comes from like three or four different shows from that tour, right?

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

No one says that everything has to come out in video form

""""""Hey, here's an awesome quality video of one single song. We're not going to show you the rest because fuck you. We'd rather let it sit and rot in a file than release it to fans who will truly love it, because we are assholes.""""""

keep your dirty hands off my fucking goalposts

holy shit. how far off topic can a thread get?

as for jeremy's channel, i blame viacom/mtv. they don't eff around about their paper.

i just hope he resurfaces w/ some more goodies for us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, green day is said:

""""""Hey, here's an awesome quality video of one single song. We're not going to show you the rest because fuck you. We'd rather let it sit and rot in a file than release it to fans who will truly love it, because we are assholes.""""""

keep your dirty hands off my fucking goalposts

Not sure what's going on here but can you chill? The topic is some Green Day recordings or whatever so no need to be rude to people.

• Thanks 3

For instance, I can tell that there is material that will you drive you mad if you hear it. The material that warner has stored is huge. I know that there are a lot of live material from 2005 and on, thinking they were playing in stadiums most of the time, and the camera feed of the big screens are recorded and stored. Not to mention how easy is to make multitrack recordings now. For AAF, they recorded everything, then they made a set that pleases Green Day and the label, and edit it. Nothing came from Southamerica tho, because they were working on the release already and waiting for the tracks takes a lot of time, not to mention the editing itself, but those exists as well.

The Japanese 2001 tour was fully recorded as well. Tune in tokyo has some, and singles of Warning era have live tracks from other shows from the same tour. I know that one show was unusable because BJ was sick and he could not sing well from most part of it. So you can expect some Take Back or Fashion Victim live from SDB at some point :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, greendepent said:

For instance, I can tell that there is material that will you drive you mad if you hear it. The material that warner has stored is huge. I know that there are a lot of live material from 2005 and on, thinking they were playing in stadiums most of the time, and the camera feed of the big screens are recorded and stored. Not to mention how easy is to make multitrack recordings now. For AAF, they recorded everything, then they made a set that pleases Green Day and the label, and edit it. Nothing came from Southamerica tho, because they were working on the release already and waiting for the tracks takes a lot of time, not to mention the editing itself, but those

1 hour ago, greendepent said:

For instance, I can tell that there is material that will you drive you mad if you hear it. The material that warner has stored is huge. I know that there are a lot of live material from 2005 and on, thinking they were playing in stadiums most of the time, and the camera feed of the big screens are recorded and stored. Not to mention how easy is to make multitrack recordings now. For AAF, they recorded everything, then they made a set that pleases Green Day and the label, and edit it. Nothing came from Southamerica tho, because they were working on the release already and waiting for the tracks takes a lot of time, not to mention the editing itself, but those exists as well.

The Japanese 2001 tour was fully recorded as well. Tune in tokyo has some, and singles of Warning era have live tracks from other shows from the same tour. I know that one show was unusable because BJ was sick and he could not sing well from most part of it. So you can expect some Take Back or Fashion Victim live from SDB at some point :)

exists as well.

This year Awesome as fxxk It Will be 10.... No live gigs for 2 years, so it Will be a good moment for an extended 10 anniversary version of it

16 minutes ago, Tomcat20 said:

When is this Jermey guy releasing more material as promised?

On 1/22/2021 at 11:45 AM, Todd said:

Guys, be patient. It’s the same guy, I’ve been talking to him. We’re all adults leading normal lives, he’ll be back soon :) 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, Freezing Melons said:

Just reread the setlist - wow, that's really a dream show. This reaffirms that 2010 might have been their peak for touring (in regards of getting a mix of new and old songs post 2000s).

It was incredible. I was fortune enough to be at that show and I remember looking at my watch when it ended and couldn't believe they'd played for almost four and a quarter hours! 

I loved the 21CB tour. So many great setlists and the band were on fire and so in sync with each other. By the end of the RevRad Tour, even though nothing ever beats seeing GD live imo, they did seem just to be going through the motions a little 

One guy did have a lot of not too bad videos up on YouTube after the show but I don't know if they're still there now

Anyway I'm off topic so I'd better stop! 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

Come on man, there are bands that release soundboard recordings of every show. No one says that everything has to come out in video form or that it has to be a big investment to get more quality live material out.

This! And there are a ton of GD shows that have been released with full, high quality video of the whole thing (great shows, too!) in addition to the older stuff that's been surfacing here and there over the past few years. So it's not unreasonable to think that there might be footage out there that's just not public access yet. If there isn't, audio is always great. I know that's the case with the 2009 Fox Theater show. Peacemaker, Horseshoes and Handgrenades, and I think The Static Age (?) were audio only and it was still really cool.

So @green day is, please don't personally insult me just because you didn't care for what I wrote. Besides, the GMA Summer Concert Series is not just some random live performance that nobody cares about. It's a pretty big frickin' deal. I also know from talking to people that the Montreux Jazz Festival show is very highly thought of as one of their better Trilogy performances and there are plenty of fans who would love to see more songs from it. So no, these are not my "personal pet shows" that "appeal very specifically to me".

On 1/25/2021 at 4:43 PM, Beerjeezus said:

So did I, but I recently watched it again and had the misfortune of seeing it - skip to American Idiot if you dare :P

Haha! I remember that's the one I warned our watch party about, but we had to rewind because y'all missed it since it really wasn't that bad. :lol: Billie didn't so much puke as he did regurgitate. Still gross, though. Also sorry for quoting you twice in one post. :shy:

ANYWAY, getting access to stuff we haven't seen is always exciting. Can't wait for more!

• Like 4

This rare footage talk got me thinking -

The Trilogy era wasn't a failed project if you consider all of the secret shows prior to its release as part of the tour/promo .. The fact that we'll never see any of those shows stays true to theme & direction. Despite how massively underwhelming an era it was commercially & for most fans, I can imagine that the band felt that they met all of their goals (even with the iHeart Radio incident). Overachieved even.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, SmoothedOut said:

The Trilogy era wasn't a failed project if you consider all of the secret shows prior to its release as part of the tour/promo .. The fact that we'll never see any of those shows stays true to theme & direction. Despite how massively underwhelming an era it was commercially & for most fans, I can imagine that the band felt that they met all of their goals (even with the iHeart Radio incident). Overachieved even.

Most of those shows were filmed. I Remember watching them all online at the time.

2 hours ago, cav9mm said:

Has there been any more hidden gems turn up ?

nope

On 1/22/2021 at 11:45 AM, Todd said:

Guys, be patient. It’s the same guy, I’ve been talking to him. We’re all adults leading normal lives, he’ll be back soon :) 

Apparently I am too late to know the channel/links 😅 if there were any posted here.

I almost never pay attention to the username on youtube, but lately I found a couple of old vids I didn't have. If they were from you, thank you! And if not, thanks for wanting to contribute 😊 Anything I haven't seen before is always welcome.

• 2 weeks later...

I was just thinking, another show I’d actually love to see remastered is the Unplugged Show at the Bridge School from 2000.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, SmoothedOut said:

I was just thinking, another show I’d actually love to see remastered is the Unplugged Show at the Bridge School from 2000.

Good call, I love that show, it was so good.

• Like 1
  • Love 1