Green Day 120 minutes (unedited) interview and promos 1994

pacejunkie punk

19 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Raw footage from MTV 120 minutes. Stay to the end for one last promo:

Looks cool. Will watch later. Thanks for sharing. 

2 minutes ago, Todd said:

That was painful to watch. Their first major MTV interview, I wonder if they knew how scripted it would be. Lewis Largent is trying to make their Mendocino generator show out to be some exciting, entertaining television story and the band's not having it :P 

I'm really curious how this guy ended up with all this MTV archive footage, it's really cool to see. Never thought any of this stuff would ever surface due to the nature of it being owned by MTV. And seeing it all uncensored? Even better!

I have a feeling he has a lot he keeps teasing more if people subscribe. Must have worked for them or something.  I agree it’s fun to see them do takes over and over. They’re such awkward puppies and this is all new to them.

• Like 1

Just now, pacejunkie punk said:

I have a feeling he has a lot he keeps teasing more if people subscribe. Must have worked for them or something.  I agree it’s fun to see them do takes over and over. They’re such awkward puppies and this is all new to them.

would love if they released the master files

• Like 2

Probably this guy was a cameraman for mtv. And probably back then they use the tape, edited it then scrap it away. It recalls how the X-games 2002 show surfaced. They film but don't care too much. For the quality of the video is easy to tell that this is a master tape.

For interview, Mike was so nervious that he can barely speak, hahaha

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, greendepent said:

For the quality of the video is easy to tell that this is a master tape.

If this was directed toward my comment I was more meaning like a DVD or .mkv/whatever format was used to capture the tape.

51 minutes ago, Flashing in the dark said:

I want to see the "cinema version" of MTV World Stage 2009. Who knows

It was sooo good, I would love to see that again.

Maybe down the line we could also get uncut 10 Spot or Jaded in Chicago. (Preferably the former) :shy:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Yosuke Hanamura said:

Maybe down the line we could also get uncut 10 Spot or Jaded in Chicago. (Preferably the former) :shy:

Did you see he has Pearl Jam on MTV Unplugged, but it’s a vocals-only mix? Something like that would be cool to have for Jaded in Chicago

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Surprised 1

1 hour ago, Todd said:

Did you see he has Pearl Jam on MTV Unplugged, but it’s a vocals-only mix? Something like that would be cool to have for Jaded in Chicago

wouldn't that mean he could possibly have the multitracks for the concert aswell? Or am I misunderstanding

8 hours ago, Todd said:

That was painful to watch. Their first major MTV interview, I wonder if they knew how scripted it would be. Lewis Largent is trying to make their Mendocino generator show out to be some exciting, entertaining television story and the band's not having it :P 

I'm really curious how this guy ended up with all this MTV archive footage, it's really cool to see. Never thought any of this stuff would ever surface due to the nature of it being owned by MTV. And seeing it all uncensored? Even better!

I worked there for a while. They have people digitally archiving everything in their library, but no idea if there's any sort of master plan for it.

1 hour ago, lilshootdawg said:

wouldn't that mean he could possibly have the multitracks for the concert aswell? Or am I misunderstanding

I doubt Jaded was recorded on multitrack at least by MTV perhaps Green Day did as they do record their shows 

the Unplugged stuff was always multi tracked after the first season due to the potential album releases 

16 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

I doubt Jaded was recorded on multitrack at least by MTV perhaps Green Day did as they do record their shows 

the Unplugged stuff was always multi tracked after the first season due to the potential album releases 

It’s possible that Jaded in Chicago was multi-tracked. There’s a clip of the concert in MTV: the Ride with a different sound mix.

2 minutes ago, Yosuke Hanamura said:

It’s possible that Jaded in Chicago was multi-tracked. There’s a clip of the concert in MTV: the Ride with a different sound mix.

I assume its multi-tracked based on the swearing being muted but not the rest of the audio.

18 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

There is multitrack recording. The censored swearing is just on the voice, but not in the rest of instruments. Also the chicago show was aired at least with a month of difference after it was recorded. The labels cared back in the day making good promo material

• Like 1

1 hour ago, greendepent said:

There is multitrack recording. The censored swearing is just on the voice, but not in the rest of instruments. Also the chicago show was aired at least with a month of difference after it was recorded. The labels cared back in the day making good promo material

Yeah forgot about the censoring 

Wow that is a really embarrassing interview for MTV. 😬  The boys certainly weren't into it. It's still really cool to hear them talk, though. I'm glad this surfaced!

14 hours ago, Flashing in the dark said:

I want to see the "cinema version" of MTV World Stage 2009. Who knows

I'd love that! The only version I have is a shitty 240p pixely abomination.

17 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Raw footage from MTV 120 minutes. Stay to the end for one last promo:

Just got round to watching this, hilarious!  I love how they play along but only as much as they’re happy to.

this has surfaced before just not in such amazing quality because i posted a copy years ago lol also this isnt their first mtv interview. 

2 minutes ago, nopride84 said:

this has surfaced before just not in such amazing quality because i posted a copy years ago lol also this isnt their first mtv interview. 

They were interviewed on tour by MTV before, but I’m pretty sure this was their first interview at an MTV studio. 

I have to say it was annoying how repetitive this video was but any Green Day video is still a good Green Day video, and I love how funny they were and played along with the situation. 

I want a version of this with all the Hole and Sarah McLachlan parts cut out. Man, that must have been so fucking annoying for them to put up with. And getting asked the same question over and over? God. They were incredibly good sports.

• Like 1

On 1/16/2021 at 2:25 PM, Todd said:

Maybe we should look that channel by tomorrow... I don't know I have a good feeling about it 

• Confused 1