Insomniac turns a quarter-century old!

Little Boy Named Booze

This is so wild. I was NOT expecting this, but I'm so excited to watch. All of this high quality footage I've never seen before!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

I feel ya. This just popped up on my Facebook and I am trying to resist the urge to buy that T-shirt.

They are really hurting my wallet these days. Ordered the vinyl right away, watching the tour video atm, this is so cool! 

• Like 4

Sigh....I'm so sick of buying stuff :lol:

Nvm I found the answer. I wonder if other stores will sell this. I really hate to pre-order for something I won't even get til next year.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is such great news!! Totally unexpected too! I can't wait to see the etching in the vinyl! The only thing it's missing is the b-sides, it would have been cool to have them on that 2nd lp but that's alright, I think they're all on shenanigans anyways, aside from the good riddance demo

• Like 1

holy fuck, I just bought the 2xLP reissue of nimrod, but I might have to get this too. Those live cuts are too enticing... 

Edited by Herroon
accidentally a word
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BillieMyLove said:

I feel ya. This just popped up on my Facebook and I am trying to resist the urge to buy that T-shirt.

I just really want the print. I love Insomniac — and it would go great with my House of Blues poster! What's funny is that one is just 1 of 200 printed, but I don't think it even cost half as much as this one. :lol: 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Herroon said:

holy fuck, I just bought the 2xLP reissue of nimrod, but I might have to get this too. Those live cuts are too enticing... 

some of those live cuts (if not everything?) can be found on singles as b-sides or on the bowling bowling bowling parking parking ep. pre-ordered anyway. 😅

• Like 2

That video footage is such a nice surprise! :wub: 

I just listened to the album in full for the first time in ages and was once again reminded how much I love it... Now trying to convince myself I don't need Insomniac merch :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Expect them to do the unexpected. Dookie anniversary? Whatever. Insomniac? Celebrate the fuck out of that shit. 😂 

Well, I mean they did do the Barnes and Noble colored vinyl reissue, but with not as much hype surrounding it I suppose...

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/dookie-green-day/23214907

---

What would be AMAZING is if they'd have studio outtakes on the second LP, much like they're doing with The Beatles nowadays. I think it'd make for a much more interesting listen, to see the progression of the songs. But either way it's great!

Edited by fusdechus
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

The video is shit, but a moment of appreciation for what was probably one of my favorite moments at a Green Day show -- getting to hear this live! 

I literally didn't have my feet on the ground because the pit was packed so tight that I was being suspended in the air by my shoulders. Good times. :lol: @Laura! and I got the setlist! I also got a guitar pick and after the show the crew through out a bunch of Trè's used drumsticks to us creepers waiting to see them leave the venue.

If anyone has a better video... ugh, PLEASE post it!

What? They played Armatage Shanks during RevRad?? They didn't do it in Quebec...

• Love 1

15 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

What? They played Armatage Shanks during RevRad?? They didn't do it in Quebec...

They played it a few times on whim during RevRad. I think Scattered was played a few times as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Squashie said:

They played it a few times on whim during RevRad. I think Scattered was played a few times as well.

Yup! They played Scattered and Armatage Shanks in Chicago :toocool:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Grohl said:

lucky fuckers 😘

• Haha 1

Keep trying to buy this stuff on their store and it's saying passwords do not match, passwords for what? I didn't put any in

53 minutes ago, The Grohl said:

And Private Ale and JAR.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I got it to work, i'm so excited to buy the vinyl and the tour shirt with the monkey :)

• Like 2

YES! Best record of their early career. I fucking love Insomniac! I reeeeeeeaaaally want the Insomniac press, but I already bought the re-press of Nimrod and Foxies and I don't even have a record player. What do do??? 😫

• Like 3