Insomniac turns a quarter-century old!

Little Boy Named Booze

On 3/19/2021 at 6:09 PM, Herroon said:

Yeah, I was looking forward to "THIS IS OUR LAST FUCKIN SONG" when I listened today and was *the slightest bit disappointed when it wasn't there.

Anyway, the whole thing absolutely would've fit on one side without editing. Most pressing plants will tell ya 20-22 minutes a side, and the anniversary video is 21 minutes WITH all that additional footage. I doubt those little cuts of talking would've put em over the edge, yknow? If anything, I bet it was to make the songs transition more smoothly from one to the next since they did kinda jumble them around

So I just finished my edit of the show (coming soon =P) and with all the footage/audio they released to us, my edit only goes to 20:16, now if you include transitions and etc I assume it could also fit onto one side with the same tracks.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, lilshootdawg said:

So I just finished my edit of the show (coming soon =P) and with all the footage/audio they released to us, my edit only goes to 20:16, now if you include transitions and etc I assume it could also fit onto one side with the same tracks.

they released some other tracks from this show as b-sides, right? I think FOD specifically??

1 hour ago, Herroon said:

they released some other tracks from this show as b-sides, right? I think FOD specifically??

Armatage Shanks, Brain Stew/Jaded, and Walking Contradiction were on Bowling Bowling Bowling Parking Parking. F.O.D. was on Foot in Mouth. 86 and Brat were on I think the AUS copy of Warning.

• Like 2

Since it's charting they should go on the late night shows and do some promotion, playing songs from the album

• Like 3

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Since it's charting they should go on the late night shows and do some promotion, playing songs from the album

Not to rain on the positive parade of it charting again....but it's not overly special. There's a ton of old albums on the top 200 because you only need to sell around 6,000 in a week to make the list. It's on there because of months of pre-orders from hardcore fans being counted this week due to its official release, not because it's getting any real attention outside of the bands core fans. It will no doubt nose dive off the chart next week unfortunately once pre-orders are no longer in the equation.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

I caved and put a copy on hold at a local record store. Black Vinyl tho - so if anyone is holding an extra orange they want to make $$ let me know before Thursday aha.

11 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

What number did it get on as?

The 2nd tweet says the position (5).

1 hour ago, Squashie said:

That wasn't for the Billboard 200. That was for the Vinyls Chart.

2 hours ago, Squashie said:

34 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

That wasn't for the Billboard 200. That was for the Vinyls Chart.

Billboard 200 it reached 180

• Like 1

I saw the new edition of Insomniac at Walmart and stood there debating the purchase for a bit.  

Then I put it back and bought more food.   

On 4/3/2021 at 1:01 PM, That Dude said:

I saw the new edition of Insomniac at Walmart and stood there debating the purchase for a bit.  

Then I put it back and bought more food.   

WOW, Walmart??? Shocked they're carrying vinyl.

55 minutes ago, dudley dawson said:

this was a fun read, thanks for sharing! I'm honestly kinda surprised they decided to remaster this from digital rips of the masters rather than using the original analog tapes...

• Like 3

On 4/4/2021 at 4:55 PM, Herroon said:

WOW, Walmart??? Shocked they're carrying vinyl.

this was a fun read, thanks for sharing! I'm honestly kinda surprised they decided to remaster this from digital rips of the masters rather than using the original analog tapes...

And Explicit vinyl, even.    They seem to be beefing up their vinyl selection recently and now it's to the point and I can browse for a while.    Lots of greatest hits and big sellers, but some oddballs as well.    I've spotted some really spiffy exclusives.  

On 4/4/2021 at 3:55 PM, Herroon said:

Cheaper to do it that way... keep the costs down means more profit 

Finally got the opportunity to listen the remaster on vynil. They adressed the huge low end of the original and turned it down a bit. It feels like the voice and part of the snare is less prominent too, but is probably due more of the original mix than the remaster itself.

Probably they will release a remix in 25 years more (?) :lol: At least is a different listening experiencie and that's all that matters to me. Panic Song sounds amazing.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 3 months later...

215304818_2974010249524666_6034953156655

217973524_2974051742853850_8231257344380

221725230_2974052129520478_3383842515519

220125486_2974052429520448_7086954819587

220780452_2974052849520406_7482356810376

sunny_daze_vinyl

Green Day - Insomniac
25th Anniversary Reissue
-
-
In terms of what band was the most influential in my up bringing, Green Day takes the crown for the number 1 spot. I would listen to the same band all day every day and never get sick of it. I still find myself throwing them on regularly. They definitely gave me an enormous soft spot for pop punk and introduced me to other bands like Blink-182.
-
Insomniac is an insanely good album, including some of their biggest hits. The 25th Anniversary edition is really well done. The reflective artwork and etched side 4 looks great and the quality of the pressing is high. The live recordings a fantastic as well.
-
-
#greenday #billiejoearmstrong #mikedirnt #trecool #insomniac #album #poppunk #punk #rock #music #vinyl #vinylrecord #vinylcollection #vinylcollector #ilovevinyl #vinyloftheday #instavinyl

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRm4BATssRj/

• Love 1

12 minutes ago, desertrose said:

215304818_2974010249524666_6034953156655

sunny_daze_vinyl

Green Day - Insomniac
25th Anniversary Reissue
-
-
In terms of what band was the most influential in my up bringing, Green Day takes the crown for the number 1 spot. I would listen to the same band all day every day and never get sick of it. I still find myself throwing them on regularly. They definitely gave me an enormous soft spot for pop punk and introduced me to other bands like Blink-182.
-
Insomniac is an insanely good album, including some of their biggest hits. The 25th Anniversary edition is really well done. The reflective artwork and etched side 4 looks great and the quality of the pressing is high. The live recordings a fantastic as well.
-
-
#greenday #billiejoearmstrong #mikedirnt #trecool #insomniac #album #poppunk #punk #rock #music #vinyl #vinylrecord #vinylcollection #vinylcollector #ilovevinyl #vinyloftheday #instavinyl

Can you post the direct links to all of these things you are copying and pasting throughout the different threads? Please and thanks.

1 hour ago, Squashie said:

Can you post the direct links to all of these things you are copying and pasting throughout the different threads? Please and thanks.

yeah I added it. Will do.

• Thanks 2