Insomniac turns a quarter-century old!

Little Boy Named Booze

2 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Agree about a CD, and also that it’s hard to pick a favorite. I can’t even settle on a top three. Stuart/Panic/Walking Contradiction?  But then I love BS/Jaded and Stuck With Me too. Then I remember No Pride and 86. Ugh. It’s easier to pick my least favorites which are Brat and Tightwad Hill but that’s it. 

I’m rubbish at deciding favourites or not cos yeah, Panic Song is great and unique, Stuart is great, BS/Jaded is great and I love it when they do that with two songs, how can you pick??  I’ve been trying to join the best and worst song from each album thread but it’s killing me 😁

• Like 2

4 hours ago, nopride84 said:

the loudness war wasnt that big of a thing til the mid 2000s so probaly trying to boost some levels and take away tape hiss since was recorded analog. remixing would be like hearing them the first time this is just cleaning the dust and dirt off the window to see inside

Not trying to start a debate here, but it was DEFINITELY a thing in the 90s, just not really known about by most people.

• Like 4

I finally got around to watching the tour footage yesterday and it is amazing! Also, Green Day navigating an airport is just so charming. I am still trying to figure out why Billie has a carry-on full of ties. 🤣

7 minutes ago, BillieMyLove said:

I am still trying to figure out why Billie has a carry-on full of ties. 🤣

He has another full of matching socks

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, BillieMyLove said:

I am now extremely impressed by Billie's organization skills and fashion sense. 

That's all Adrienne... 😂

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, The Grohl said:

I feel like Billie would forget to pack underwear is it wasn't for Adie.

Well, I mean, since he doesn't wear underwear why would he need tp pack it anyway? 🤣

As long as he doesn't forget that thong....

insomniac is one of my favorite GD albums, i love the "agressive punch" it has throughout all the songs

a personal memory i have is me being at a GD show in germany back in 2012, i made a sign to kindly ask them to play westbound sign, when billie got back on stage to start with the encore he tried to read my sign, but when he saw what i was asking he just shook his head in the meaning of "no we wont play the song coz of setlist stucture or coz they barely play it and dont know how to play it".. :( :D

• Haha 1

Oakland Coffee is totally blowing it by not doing an extra caffeinated "insomniac roast" for this release. 

Also, has anyone else been buying the Ramones and Replacements reissue boxed sets? The packaging is beautiful and they include booklets with lots of photos and stories from the people involved in making the records, and they have bonus cds with live tracks, demos, b sides, and unreleased tracks, and I would absolutely love for green day to get the same treatment! Dookie would be perfect for this, there's plenty of demos they could include on a dookie boxed set and they could include the versions of 409 and 2000 from those sessions, and maybe even the unreleased version of haushinka from that session! They could include interviews with the band and Rob cavallo and hell maybe even Kevin army since he worked on the demos. They should absolutely do that for the 30th anniversary in a few years! Maybe even a remix! They could do the same thing for nimrod in a couple years, there's so much material from that session that never got released, and that record was a turning point for the band, so it would be cool to have an in depth retrospective for that album.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 10/9/2020 at 2:28 PM, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

The video is shit, but a moment of appreciation for what was probably one of my favorite moments at a Green Day show -- getting to hear this live! 

I literally didn't have my feet on the ground because the pit was packed so tight that I was being suspended in the air by my shoulders. Good times. :lol: @Laura! and I got the setlist! I also got a guitar pick and after the show the crew through out a bunch of Trè's used drumsticks to us creepers waiting to see them leave the venue.

If anyone has a better video... ugh, PLEASE post it!

Well Billie’s story explains why they’re showing so much more love for this anniversary than for Dookie:

“We would never make a part 2 of any past Green Day album... but if we did it would be Insomniac”

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Well Billie’s story explains why they’re showing so much more love for this anniversary than for Dookie:

“We would never make a part 2 of any past Green Day album... but if we did it would be Insomniac”

Which thread is the good one to talk about this lol

On 10/16/2020 at 4:55 PM, Little Boy Named Booze said:

wtf with his hair

That hair is awesome even if a little bizarre LOL. No such thing as bad Billie hair. :) 

On 10/17/2020 at 8:37 PM, Maddie86 said:

Oakland Coffee is totally blowing it by not doing an extra caffeinated "insomniac roast" for this release. 

This wins the Internet. :) 

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Funny since his original title for FOAM was American Idiot 2 🤣. Oh Billie.

17 minutes ago, Q-Man said:

Funny since his original title for FOAM was American Idiot 2 🤣. Oh Billie.

But it was a joke. FOAM was never going to be AI pt 2 even if they stuck with the joke title.

12 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

But it was a joke. FOAM was never going to be AI pt 2 even if they stuck with the joke title.

I know, just a funny thing I noticed is all.