Insomniac turns a quarter-century old!

Little Boy Named Booze

I wonder if this remaster and live tracks will end up on Spotify. Also is this limited or will it be available for purchase closer to when it will actually ship. 32 plus tax and their crazy shipping is pretty pricey to be honest.

• Like 3

Definitely buying this and would also humbly request a 20th anniversary remaster of Warning 🤞

5 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

What? They played Armatage Shanks during RevRad?? They didn't do it in Quebec...

They played it in Leeds, UK 2017 and in Chula Vista and Rose Bowl on the final leg of the US tour in 2017. We got Scattered, Christie Road and Waiting a number of times in Europe in 2017 too

43 minutes ago, The Grohl said:

I pre-ordered my copy....but I'm not happy about it! 

(I'm tired of spending money and I didn't want to deal with their dumbass shipping, but here I am)

giphy.gif

No way I can afford any of it right now. Not gonna happen :lol:

1 hour ago, greendepent said:

And by the way, why they advertise as 2LP when actually is 1 and a half? 

I wonder why they wouldn’t just fill the other side with rare tracks and outtakes? It’s basically an EP with just 8 tracks on the A side.

2 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I wonder why they wouldn’t just fill the other side with rare tracks and outtakes? It’s basically an EP with just 8 tracks on the A side.

I know it is (marginally) cheaper to press a single sided LP, even with etching, than it is to master/plate two sides. I'd chalk it either to that or wmg thinking the etching added more value to consumers than some shenanigans tracks would (although I'm also curious what, if any, outtakes/demos exist)...

Just ordered my copy:banana:. No concerts and no fun to spend any money on this year, so I don't really care about the price😑. Can't wait!

Screw it, the joys in life are decreasing everyday.  Vinyl and 2 t shirts ordered.

Happy 25th birthday, you insanely wonderful album!

• Love 2

I’d like to gripe about their web store not offering a free shipping threshold. Total trash.

• Like 3

Does anyone have any information on the remaster. Why is it being remastered and who is doing it? 

Although it's unlikely, it would be cool to have a remaster similar to the Ted Jensen 2009 vinyl remaster of American Idiot (with greater dynamic range). 

2 hours ago, MillenniumFan said:

Does anyone have any information on the remaster. Why is it being remastered and who is doing it? 

Although it's unlikely, it would be cool to have a remaster similar to the Ted Jensen 2009 vinyl remaster of American Idiot (with greater dynamic range). 

Research the loudness war of the 90’s because in all likelihood this is why it’s getting remastered. If done properly, it should sound amazing and will almost be like hearing it for the first time all over again.

• Love 1

12 hours ago, dudley dawson said:

Research the loudness war of the 90’s because in all likelihood this is why it’s getting remastered. If done properly, it should sound amazing and will almost be like hearing it for the first time all over again.

the loudness war wasnt that big of a thing til the mid 2000s so probaly trying to boost some levels and take away tape hiss since was recorded analog. remixing would be like hearing them the first time this is just cleaning the dust and dirt off the window to see inside

38 minutes ago, cav9mm said:

Is there a separate topic talking about the Prague footage ?

I thought that would have been a very popular discussion topic 

No but I agree.  The video is great.  I love the Prague footage.  I was wondering about that Berlin show that they almost cancelled (or did they?) because the venue was a mess or something. It looked like they went home after that but didn’t they cancel the rest of that tour and go home because they were all homesick and unhappy? Hard to tell that was what happened here.  Also the incident with the camera man and the strobe light was wild. That was back in the day before you had to warn audiences about the use of strobes. 

• Like 2

Only just got round to seeing the video.  What a great little nugget from the time.  Was the Berlin show the one where the building was so dangerous, part building site with demolition going on, it looks like it might have been?  The Prague footage is awesome, the sound is still so good, bar a bit of feedback, felt like I was really there, this is just great, off to watch again! 

One thing I noticed about Insomniac that I never thought about until just now is how hard it is for me to pick a favorite song from this album. Over the years I've come to love this album more and more and even though it isn't even in my top 5 Green Day albums, it is the only one where I can't pick a definitive favorite track, nearly every single song is of the same quality and they're all great. Really glad they're giving it this release.

• Like 3

I really love Insomniac, thinking about it since I first saw the anniversary stuff, I’ve realised it’s possibly my no 1 and I certainly play it tons. I agree with  @Q-Man , every single track is a belter, I love spitting, angry Billie but the whole band sound so tight, it’s perfect.  Not being into vinyl, I wish they would release a re-mastered CD but maybe it wouldn’t sound much different.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, jengd said:

I really love Insomniac, thinking about it since I first saw the anniversary stuff, I’ve realised it’s possibly my no 1 and I certainly play it tons. I agree with  @Q-Man , every single track is a belter, I love spitting, angry Billie but the whole band sound so tight, it’s perfect.  Not being into vinyl, I wish they would release a re-mastered CD but maybe it wouldn’t sound much different.

Agree about a CD, and also that it’s hard to pick a favorite. I can’t even settle on a top three. Stuart/Panic/Walking Contradiction?  But then I love BS/Jaded and Stuck With Me too. Then I remember No Pride and 86. Ugh. It’s easier to pick my least favorites which are Brat and Tightwad Hill but that’s it. 

• Like 2