No Fun Mondays

Little Boy Named Booze

On 6/24/2020 at 2:45 PM, jengd said:

He could be looking after Adie, he also has a pretty elderly mother to worry about, and Adie’s parents must be getting up there, who knows what all is going on in their lives at any time, far less with all this just now.  He also may want to put out more songs but is giving respect to BLM, we just have to wait and see.  I for one am very glad he did this at all.

What happened to Adie?

25 minutes ago, Alf said:

What happened to Adie?

She had surgery. Atomic Garden (her retail store) posted about it on their instagram a week and half ago(?). 

Here is the post from their instagram (it was also posted some pages back, but I won't make you search):

• Like 1

1 hour ago, legendary said:

So no more No Fun Mondays is because they are recording a new album.

Haha

12 hours ago, Hermione said:

And? He makes music, gets entertainment and a little promotion and ad revenue out of it. We get some free entetainment. He's free to do it when it wants and stop when he wants. We're free to listen to it or not. Everyone wins. 

Say you go to the doctor and he/she just stops treating you without explanation. Let's apply your logic. 

"And? The doctor gives some treatment, enjoys his work, and gets some insurance money out of you. He/she is free to do what he/she wants and stop when he/she wants. You're free to do it or not. Everyone wins."

40 minutes ago, Squashie said:

She had surgery. Atomic Garden (her retail store) posted about it on their instagram a week and half ago(?). 

Here is the post from their instagram (it was also posted some pages back, but I won't make you search):

Oh, I didn't follow this page. Thanks a lot for the information

19 minutes ago, Red said:

like imagine if Billie came on here with a secret account and saw all that shit.

I hope he's seeing this. Billie is so stupid sometime.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

I hope he's seeing this. Billie is so stupid sometime.

He will just whine and scream at us and then delete his GDC account.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just for all the people complaining about no word being provided on NFM, this was posted on the official Green Day Twitter account back on June 1:

They are saying that they are going be quiet for a while, so it's logical to assume that includes NFM. NFM may or may not restart (as others have noted, Billie is caring for Adie right now, and the lockdowns are lifting in most places, both in the U.S. and globally), but when Green Day does start talking on social media again, I imagine they will either restart NFM or provide confirmation that it's over. We haven't been left hanging; they are just asking us to be patient right now. There are bigger problems than NFM in the world right now.

50 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

He will just whine and scream at us and then delete his GDC account.

Exactly like on Instagram ahah he can be such a baby.

10 minutes ago, BillieMyLove said:

Just for all the people complaining about no word being provided on NFM, this was posted on the official Green Day Twitter account back on June 1:

Yeah he could have stopped for a week, just like Deryck did for his cover. Not for EVER. 

10 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Yeah he could have stopped for a week, just like Deryck did for his cover. Not for EVER. 

I mean, they don't give a time limit in the Tweet so I don't think we can assume one (just as we also can't assume that he has necessarily stopped forever). 

Not even sure why I posted here; this thread has gotten ridiculous and I really don't want to get pulled further into this conversation.

2 minutes ago, BillieMyLove said:

Not even sure why I posted here; this thread has gotten ridiculous and I really don't want to get pulled further into this conversation.

👋

1 minute ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

👋

You don't have to be rude about it. I was not trying to argue with you. Honestly, I can understand your perspective since I will be the first person to admit that Canada has a much better racial history and a more fair policing/justice system than we have here in the U.S. So to people in other countries this may look like much ado about nothing, but if you were here you would see how bad it is and why people are responding the way they are.

The best thing for dookielookie would be to contact Billie himself and tell him how he feels instead of whining here, but I doubt Billie would give a shit. No fun Monday is probably over. If we get continuation it would be great. Nobody owes nobody anything. Simple as that

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Aidana Shyngysbayeva said:

The best thing for dookielookie would be to contact Billie himself and tell him how he feels instead of whining here, but I doubt Billie would give a shit. No fun Monday is probably over. If we get continuation it would be great. Nobody owes nobody anything. Simple as that

I really hope this happens so Billie can write another letter like he did to that woman who thought Dookie was a kids album. 🤣

The last 8 pages are just
''Hey Billie should write a tweet to say it's over''
'' No he don't owe anything to anyone''

Let's be real tho, if he had written that stupid tweet it would have been finished a long time ago.
So suck it Billie. But I still love you.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, HAPPY ROOTING UNICORN said:

You keep comparing the work and role of an artist to professions and businesses that nothing have to share with them. Needless to say, in this case you are also using the worst possible example since dentists, as any other medical profession, have to follow ethical codes (and in this case most probably also a contract) that in no way applies or reflect what you keep calling the “business” of Green Day. 

If you refer instead to a profession that belongs to the “art world”, let’s say a filmmaker or an actor releasing a series of shorts on YT, a painter publishing CC art on Pinterest, a writer publishing novels on a blog, you might understand that what you are saying makes completely no sense. 

Thanks for this very articulate post. The business examples people keep using represent contractual relationships: you pay for a good or service, and then the person/business you paid is legally obligated to provide that good or service. But there is no contract with NFM and none of us paid for it, so none of us is owed anything from it. We can feel bad if we want, but we can't exactly do anything about it.

Also, irony always gets me, and I can't escape the irony of people arguing in the Instagram thread a little while ago about Billie not taking enough of a stand against racism, but now he steps away from the spotlight to respect those who lost their lives and those who are fighting for racial justice, and people have a problem with that. I think some people are determined to be miserable no matter what.

47 minutes ago, The Grohl said:

...he got shit for going to a Lady Gaga concert? Why? Because iTs nOt PuNk rAwK??? That's so dumb. Let the man enjoy music. 

Yeah! He had a phase of fanboying over Lady Gaga on twitter and the reaction he got from haters made him stop interacting with fans on there for a bit I think. He'd been posting cool song facts and answering questions but stopped because of that. I'm sure it was only a small minority of people doing it but still, poor Billie :P 

Edit: Found an adorable GDA post about his Gaga fanboying, haha

http://bfs.greendayauthority.com/news/article.php?id=2203

But yeah he could fittingly use the same quote in reaction to some of the No Fun Mondays nitpicking :P 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Yeah! He had a phase of fanboying over Lady Gaga on twitter and the reaction he got from haters made him stop interacting with fans on there for a bit I think. He'd been posting cool song facts and answering questions but stopped because of that. I'm sure it was only a small minority of people doing it but still, poor Billie :P 

I mean, why should we hate on Lady Gaga? She's a straight-up badass with a very important social message. When you think about it, she's basically the female version of Billie LOL.

He wanted to be famous but also wanted everyone to love him or else he gets grumpy?

• Like 1