No Fun Mondays

Little Boy Named Booze

23 hours ago, BillieMyLove said:

I mean, yes, of course he has financially supported SWMRS--it's his son's band after all--but do we know if he still is, or specifically that he is paying for lawyers so they can go after their fans? This seems like speculation, and the latter seems unlikely. At any rate, as our admins just pointed out, this should all be in the Joey thread, so let me bring this back on topic by saying that, even though this really is not Billie's problem, I think he likely will lay low for awhile just so he doesn't have to publicly deal with all this. As much as I would have loved a public statement to support Lydia, as many have pointed out here, this is a very difficult time for him as a parent, and I do respect the privacy of the family. I hope he is taking this time out of the public eye to help his son learn to be a better person. I doubt NFM is over; I think this will just be a break like the last one for BLM, and he will resume when the time is right. 

SWMRS themselves said they made nothing

2 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

SWMRS themselves said they made nothing

That's hard to believe. They have been relatively successful up until now and did attract a decent following. I am sure they have made money. If they didn't manage it well that's their problem LOL, but I am sure they made money.

4 minutes ago, BillieMyLove said:

That's hard to believe. They have been relatively successful up until now and did attract a decent following. I am sure they have made money. If they didn't manage it well that's their problem LOL, but I am sure they made money.

i’m afraid they spent it on caviar and vodka

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

i’m afraid they spent it on caviar and vodka

Probably LOL. But yeah, I am sure they made money. They had several albums out and lots of concerts. They were probably saying this so fans would feel bad for them and give them more free labor LOL. 

Just a reminder:  This is the No Fun Mondays thread.  Discussion about SWMRS/Joey/Max/etc should be addressed here:

Thanks.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Updated my playlist and No Fun Monday is about 48 minutes long now. 

I do have Look For Love and the acoustic Graffitia and Broken Dreams in there as well. It's the Billie Joe playlist I guess.

There is room for more.  There is always room for more.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

If you still can't find it, its 'cause will be available at midnight local time (so, August 28th). Saw it early today but i wasn' t sure it was legit. So happy for this. 

Now, this is coming from a guy who is still wondering if the Trilogy and Rev Rad eras are over...

But is No Fun Mondays done?  This is my one complaint about The Green Day band.   The ambiguous endings are frustrating.    

4 hours ago, Squashie said:

not this again...

giphy.gif

We can't see if that is actually a circle or not.   They could eventually make progress.  

When do Taco Tuesday's with Tre Cool start?   

When do Dirnt Days of Summer start?  

2 hours ago, The Grohl said:

It's fine if NFM is over.....but another seven inch would be nice.

That would be a problem considering Uncool released and promoted the last one.  

46 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

That would be a problem considering Uncool released and promoted the last one.  

Oh right 😖

• Sad 1

On 8/27/2020 at 4:58 PM, pacejunkie punk said:

That Thing You Do has been uploaded to Spotify as the third NFM single! It is already showing up in Australia according to Reddit. It should appear in the US tomorrow and elsewhere according to your time zone.  Nice to know things are still happening behind the scenes.

Yes! I just noticed that yesterday.

3 hours ago, The Grohl said:

It's fine if NFM is over.....but another seven inch would be nice.

I wouldn't say it is over, but since we are in yet another round of police shooting black people, I would suspect that he will lie low again for awhile while society tries to deal with this, just like he did after George Floyd's murder. 

As far as Uncool, I am sure they can find another label to press these records.

3 minutes ago, BillieMyLove said:

But it’s hard for him now because Uncool haven’t said anything about shutting down so if he just switches labels it’s like he’s choosing a side and making a statement and it’s his kid he can’t do that. So until the label says something about it’s plans going forward, I don’t think he can risk doing anything that will be interpreted as condoning or otherwise.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

But it’s hard for him now because Uncool haven’t said anything about shutting down so if he just switches labels it’s like he’s choosing a side and making a statement and it’s his kid he can’t do that. So until the label says something about it’s plans going forward, I don’t think he can risk doing anything that will be interpreted as condoning or otherwise.

Yeah, I guess that makes sense. 

17 hours ago, That Dude said:

We can't see if that is actually a circle or not.   They could eventually make progress.  

When do Taco Tuesday's with Tre Cool start?   

When do Dirnt Days of Summer start?  

Now I want to eat tacos with Tre. And I am not even really into tacos. I am much more of a burrito girl. 

3 hours ago, BillieMyLove said:

Yes! I just noticed that yesterday.

I wouldn't say it is over, but since we are in yet another round of police shooting black people, I would suspect that he will lie low again for awhile while society tries to deal with this, just like he did after George Floyd's murder. 

:lol: they think it's nearly impossible to get these records pressed!

3 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

overacting in multiple threads, no matter what thread it is its the same answer. This is not going to impact Green Day's amazing career and they can literally go anywhere and it wont matter. There is no statement made if they continue to put music out however they want.

2 minutes ago, Eric said:

:lol: they think it's nearly impossible to get these records pressed!

I mean, I understand what others have said about the optics, how it can look like he is condoning his son's behavior if he presses with Uncool and how it would look like he abandoned him if he went elsewhere, but eventually he does need to move forward. Our world is dealing with a lot right now. When this time is right, I am sure he will be back.

Just now, BillieMyLove said:

I mean, I understand what others have said about the optics, how it can look like he is condoning his son's behavior if he presses with Uncool and how it would look like he abandoned him if he went elsewhere, but eventually he does need to move forward. Our world is dealing with a lot right now. When this time is right, I am sure he will be back.

It's ok if you want to over think the situation with the others. Billie can just go else where but only on GDC/ a green day reddit page or some swmrs discord chat will that upset people. 

1 minute ago, Eric said:

It's ok if you want to over think the situation with the others. Billie can just go else where but only on GDC/ a green day reddit page or some swmrs discord chat will that upset people. 

Believe me, it does not upset me LOL. I would support Billie going elsewhere. Billie has nothing to do with this mess, so he should be able to do what he wants. But the world is full of haters and the poor guy will get lambasted no matter what he does.

2 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

WTF?

billie joe armstrong's cover of  that thing u do! just went up on itunes apple music spotify tidal and all the other streaming sites the other night, he will still release stuff and find another way to put it for people to pick up a hard copy of it, will not stop him for putting out what he wants to put out :lol: