No Fun Mondays

Little Boy Named Booze

2 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I dunno if you're trolling now or what. He put out a bunch of cover songs in his free time during quarantine and we listened to them. He didn't sign a multi million dollar contract with us or vow a solemn promise to us lol. Billie recording and releasing a song and you listening to it for free, or choosing to spend money to own it, isn't "having his way with you". He's free to release as much or little music as he wants and we're free to buy as much or little of it as we want. I don't know where you get the idea that he's obligated to release a certain amount of music or doing something wrong by choosing to release less music than you want, he isn't. I can only conclude that you're trolling at this point so I give up.

Not trolling. I do not respect people selling us half finished projects. Imagine the next album he plans to release he just inexplicably doesn't on release day with no explanation. Will you use the same defense then?

1 minute ago, BillieMyLove said:

I actually waited a couple of weeks before I texted and it worked. They then make you got to a URL to confirm your phone number and give consent to receive texts back. A little while after that I got some text updates when they released NFM songs (like I got a text on Easter when they released the Corpus Christi cover). Maybe they just don't like you. 

No. I received exactly 3 SMS.
The last one was April 6th about Manic Monday. 

This project is dead like a lot of other project they did.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

No. I received exactly 3 SMS.
The last one was April 6th about Manic Monday. 

This project is dead like a lot of other project they did.

Well, I didn't get that one but I got Corpus Christi and that was the last one so I guess it all equals out. 

34 minutes ago, Squashie said:

UyVb.gif

How is his disrespecting fans? You're so damn butt hurt over a fucking cover song, it's actually fucking hilarious at this point.

Since you're so offended by the fact that he's not creating "new" content or putting out "official statements", you should try being an artist and I'll sit here and bitch to you about every little move you make or don't make. 

He wasn't selling you a damn thing.

Again, you're missing my point. I don't care what he creates. He could create nothing if he wants. But don't say you're doing a project and never finish it. Bad business. Disrespectful. 

12 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Again, you're missing my point. I don't care what he creates. He could create nothing if he wants. But don't say you're doing a project and never finish it. Bad business. Disrespectful. 

You clearly do care otherwise you’d stop bitching about it. 

he said this was during quarantine. Quarantine in the US is basically over. Almost all states are open. People aren’t sheltering. Get over it and move the fuck on because you’re the only one here still bitching about it. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Squashie said:

You clearly do care otherwise you’d stop bitching about it. 

he said this was during quarantine. Quarantine in the US is basically over. Almost all states are open. People aren’t sheltering. Get over it and move the fuck on because you’re the only one here still bitching about it. 

Then he could say that! It's not over btw. Numbers are rising everywhere. Many people are still out of work. Define "over." You and Billie clearly don't know the meaning.

21 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Then he could say that! It's not over btw. Numbers are rising everywhere. Many people are still out of work. Define "over." You and Billie clearly don't know the meaning.

Oh for fucks sake... 

On 6/25/2020 at 5:08 PM, DookieLukie said:

Haha

Say you go to the doctor and he/she just stops treating you without explanation. Let's apply your logic. 

"And? The doctor gives some treatment, enjoys his work, and gets some insurance money out of you. He/she is free to do what he/she wants and stop when he/she wants. You're free to do it or not. Everyone wins."

This might be the dictionary definition of false equivalency.  Well done.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

COVID remains a problem. Numbers are not rising everywhere but they are in a number of states and if people don't start using their heads we ware going to be in a disaster again. And I will be the first person to say the economic fallout of this is devastating and is going to be with us for a long time: basically everything wrong with our economic structure has been exposed. But it is a fact that, right, wrong, or indifferent, quarantines are largely over. His exact words were "Going to release a cover song every week until we’re let back out into the world." And we have been let back out. So that kinda answers the question.

1 hour ago, Hermione said:

Can you explain how it isn't finished? The project was to release an unspecified number of songs over an unspecified amount of time. The number of songs or number of weeks it would last was set out to be unknown from the start. It was deliberately set up to be loose and informal where he could choose to put out as much or little as he liked.....and that's allowed and not disrespectful. You haven't paid him for more songs and he didn't promise more songs. He hasn't disrespected you. Just because you've bought music from him before doesn't mean you're entitled to anything else from him. He owes you no music, no communication, no nothing, his obligation to you was fulfilled when you got the music you paid him for and anything else is a bonus.

What would make this finished? A certain number of additional songs? Or making a formal announcement, which at the time would've been a self centred and trivial interruption to the BLM posts only thing (and possibly also while he was dealing with important personal stuff), and now would be unnecessary and ridiculous since it's just stating the obvious?

The worst thing you can do is to argue with a stupid. He/she won’t cooperate, won’t listen and won’t make conclusions. No need to waste your energy on these type of people 

Edited by Aidana Shyngysbayeva

1 hour ago, Aidana Shyngysbayeva said:

The worst thing you can do is to argue with a stupid. He/she won’t cooperate, won’t listen and won’t make conclusions. No need to waste your energy on these type of people 

I think it was good to say out of solidarity for those who feel the same way. I agree wholeheartedly with what @Hermione said and I’m glad I don’t feel the need to say it. I’ll just like it. People who don’t get how important it was for him to take a break from NFM irk me and I am glad I am not alone in that.

• Like 3

Can we shut this thread down now? The project is obviously over and these 10+ pages of arguing is ridiculous.

• Like 2

Don't close this thread I'm the owner. 

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Q-Man said:

Can we shut this thread down now? The project is obviously over and these 10+ pages of arguing is ridiculous.

I don't think it's over, there's probably a bunch of stuff that Billie is waiting to put out at the right time but isn't doing it right now because he want's to respect the movement.

I think it's best we sit tight and give it a few more weeks.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Hey guys.  Did you know tomorrow is Monday?

Thanks for reminding us we don’t get a new song tomorrow :(

• Like 1
  • Haha 1