No Fun Mondays

Little Boy Named Booze

2 hours ago, WhiteTim said:

Just because you buy his product doesn’t give you or anyone else the right to say what he needs to do people who buy his cds don’t own HIM 

I think of the Bane scene in The Dark Knight Rises 

“we paid you a fortune” and this gives you power over me? 

what is your problem ? hes a guy in a band who you dont even know so why are you defending him so hard? he even said in the same video in a musician. so fuck someone who says fuck all of you for wanting an album from the band that made me famous and pays my bills and at the same time wants people to buy the album he  put out. also I thought it was  ok for people have opinions. you obviously have no problem stating yours. im a green day fan not a billie joe fan. also the music is what matters. father of all is a good album but suffered because you can tell he put more work into writing for the longshot than for green day and thats my point. to me father of all is better than dookie. not lyrics but everything else.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

I just hate the entitled attitude your post reeked of... just because someone buys a product doesn't mean said person is entitled to anything else other than the product being bought...  Billie (nor Mike or Tre) don't owe you or anyone else bonus freebies so if they do give some freebies and stop doing it they're not entitled to continue you go to McDonalds buy a Big Mac they don't owe you an extra one just because you bought the first one so why do you feel musicians owe fans more? 

dude. green day is a business.

when did I say anything about stuff being free? I'm saying it's perfectly acceotable for fans to bitchy im not I dont even listen to any the covers cause they arent all that great. again I'm a fan of green day. when did I personally post anything bitching  for more? i dont see how I seemed entitled. billie is the one who feels and acts entitled . 

so do you.  and with that I bid you a good day

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, nopride84 said:

dude. green day is a business.

when did I say anything about stuff being free? I'm saying it's perfectly acceotable for fans to bitchy im not I dont even listen to any the covers cause they arent all that great. again I'm a fan of green day. when did I personally post anything bitching  for more? i dont see how I seemed entitled. billie is the one who feels and acts entitled . 

so do you.  and with that I bid you a good day

You know what... doesn’t matter I perhaps probably just took your post the wrong way sorry for carrying it on 

I introduce you to GDK - Green Day Karens :P

I agree that Billie abandoned the project in a way that was a bit disappointing, but he’s stuck with it longer than I expected. He has his flaws but it’s not like he’s an awful person for doing something else than Green Day records now and then.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, WhiteTim said:

Just because you buy his product doesn’t give you or anyone else the right to say what he needs to do people who buy his cds don’t own HIM 

I think of the Bane scene in The Dark Knight Rises 

“we paid you a fortune” and this gives you power over me? 

Now I gotta watch that movie again lol. So damn good

10 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Take it as the compliment it’s intended to be.  If we didn’t love the music we wouldn’t care if he put any out or not. How much Green Day is enough for you? 

It wasn’t a complement. 

11 hours ago, The Grohl said:

Fucking finally!

23qtXve.jpg

(Lil' Billie is pretty pissed it took so long to get here)

Ah man, mine has been stuck in a dispatching center in London for almost two weeks now. Hope it’s not lost 😕 

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Montclare said:

But there's a difference between, "I love NFM, I wish he had done more of it", vs "Billie's a lazy asshole, why isn't he entertaining me for free anymore". The first is a compliment, the second is entitlement.

Despite the quotes I never actually said that but okay

And I wasn’t even saying we should have more of it, he’s the one who said there would be more. My only criticism was over the lack of a post saying it was done leading to people waiting for a song week after week. That could easily have been avoided.  

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, HAPPY ROOTING UNICORN said:

Ah man, mine has been stuck in a dispatching center in London for almost two weeks now. Hope it’s not lost 😕 

Aww! Hopefully it'll show up soon. Seems like everyone everywhere is having major problems with getting their mail on time. I was supposed to have the record a week ago.

5 hours ago, Hermione said:

This is honestly one of the most ridiculous things I can remember seeing on this site. Imagine if this happened after everything they did. They put out an album, why not two albums? They played a 100 show world tour, why not 150 shows? Billie posted a selfie last week, why isn't he posting one this week? Green Day are doing some interviews and tv shows to promote their album for a few weeks, why didn't they release an official statement declaring that they've finished doing that now when I wanted to see them do more? Tre started posting some funny drawings on Instagram and then stopped when he got bored of it, how dare he?

This entitlement, acting like nothing they do is ever enough, simply sours any cool thing they do and sucks the joy out of any thread. It isn't a "compliment".

Lol please tell me what he promised you. This is a little extra thing he's done for fun during the quarantine. He didn't say how long he'd continue it for, he didn't specify how many songs he'd release. There's no promise or committment that he hasn't fulfilled. He's a successful musician whose career is just fine, but even if he wasn't that's his business. He's a free man, he's allowed to create or promote as much or little as he wants.

So again, he's put out nine songs during quarantine, which is now easing off or ending for a lot of people. Exactly how many more songs do you think he owes to fulfil his supposed obligation to you?

It's not about owing a certain amount. He can choose to never promote and have GD fall into irrelevance. Bad business but it's is choice. My point is don't start a project and not finish it. He said more songs were coming. But he also seems done. A simple tweet could solve all of this.

• Like 1

@Hermione unfortunately,I think this thread will be a constant stream of posts complaining about not having an “official word” about it ending. Or bitching each Monday when a cover isn’t released... 

• Like 1

So BLM is still a thing in the US right now? Because we're not talking about that anymore in my city.

13 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

So BLM is still a thing in the US right now? Because we're not talking about that anymore in my city.

There certainly are people in the U.S. who are pushing to keep it in the mainstream’s attention, but it certainly isn’t talked about as much as it was before. Understandably though, it’s still a sensitive topic.

• Like 2

I love the idea that releasing music to YouTube and streaming sources is considered "giving freebies." You all ever heard of ad revenue?

17 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

I love the idea that releasing music to YouTube and streaming sources is considered "giving freebies." You all ever heard of ad revenue?

Yes the penny for every million streams will go a long way 😂😂 

did YOU pay to listen to the song? Therefor it’s a freebie for the consumer 

EDIT: Yes I know streams are more than just a penny but not much more youtube it takes nearly 1,500 streams to earn a dollar Tidal is the best paying service with only taking 80 streams to earn a dollar but the artists have to own the copyrights to the songs which Billie isn’t for the NFM songs so it’d take him longer to earn a dollar from any of the streaming services as he will only get performance royalties and not songwriter royalties and performance royalties are the lowest amount paid 

6 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

It's not about owing a certain amount. He can choose to never promote and have GD fall into irrelevance. Bad business but it's is choice. My point is don't start a project and not finish it. He said more songs were coming. But he also seems done. A simple tweet could solve all of this.

To be fair, I doubt a lot of people follow him closely enough to care.

• Like 1

I don't know why this is still even an argument. There was no contract or obligation surrounding NFM. It was just a fun thing to do during quarantine for awhile.

11 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

we're not talking about that anymore in my city.

I'm sorry to hear that.

• Like 1

Hey let's start a project and never told anyone when it's over.

• Like 1