No Fun Mondays

Little Boy Named Booze

6 minutes ago, Beyza said:

I thought he was actually sticking a lollipop or -something like that- in regular speed? lol

Oh, I'm not ruling it out as a possibility. :lol:

If this keep going it'd be fantastic.

Usually Monday is the day that I'm going to train at the gym with my best friends, so now it's very sad for me that I didn't see them until probably September.

I can be thankful enough to Billie for doing this especially this day of the week

• Like 1

Now, Billie just has to resume Otis TV. I mean, he's got plenty of time now.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

22 minutes ago, kaylubd said:

Now, Billie just has to resume Otis TV. I mean, he's got plenty of time now.

But does he have the puppet with him? ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Should release the FOAM sessions tracks once per week instead of covers. Dude loves covers.

9 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Should release the FOAM sessions tracks once per week instead of covers. Dude loves covers.

He might not be able to if Warner owns the masters

This being Uncool Records doesn’t really mean anything since Billie Joe isn’t signed to Warner as a solo artist he can release whatever on whatever label Billie is only signed as a group under Warner 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DookieLukie said:

What is uncool records at the start of the video?

That's his son Joey's independent label

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jengd said:

If he’s going to do this under Uncool records, I wonder if they’ll be available to stream/download?

I don’t know but really hope they’ll. I’m not sure how cover songs streaming process works though. I mean whether copyright is a issue or not etc. 

• Like 1

Well I hope he does I'll Be Back by the Beatles, then. This was really cool! It makes me so happy that he's doing this! Is there any way we can request things on IG, or do we just have to leave a comment when he posts something random and hope he sees it?

• Love 1

Just now, jengd said:

I’d like him to cover A Million Miles Away, great song.

I believe that one is already up on spotify under The Longshot.

• Like 3

Okay, so I went on his post and requested I'll Be Back. He posted 3 hours ago, though, so I have no idea if he even goes back and looks at comments, but fingers crossed! 🤞

Here's what I said. I tried to be polite and not just BILLIE COVER THIS! "Would you consider covering 'I'll Be Back' by the Beatles for No Fun Mondays? It's a really beautiful song and I feel like you have the perfect voice for it."

Judging by the lyrical content of the first two selections, it seems like he's going for something that suits the current times in some way, with themes of isolation and loneliness.  I guess we'll see if this holds.

• Like 1

Got another Warner records official Green Day email for this release too so who knows.  This is something they should promote with the Frank Storm text if they’re gonna promote it through Green Day channels.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

Green Day to release a new cover song every Monday until the world is fine. 

Correction - Billie Joe OF Green Day.    :)

Billie

Mondays are blue.   Blah.  

Tuesdays and Wednesdays are Gray.  

I still care about you on Thursdays, so here's an idea.  

I know you love the Cure.    I love the Cure (but only on Fridays of course).  

You nailed "Boys Don't Cry".       It's time for Friday (I'm in Love)

That song is so Billie.   Or the other way around.   Whatever.  Just make it happen.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, That Dude said:

Billie

That song is so Billie.   Or the other way around.   Whatever.  Just make it happen.  

You move just like Kevin 

• Like 1

Of course all the usual suspects have written an article about this:

https://www.nme.com/news/music/listen-to-green-days-billie-joe-armstrong-perform-a-cover-of-johnny-thunders-you-cant-put-your-arms-around-a-memory-2637710

Listen to Green Day’s Billie Joe Armstrong cover Johnny Thunders’ ‘You Can’t Put Your Arms Around A Memory’

As part of his 'No Fun Mondays' quarantine sessions

2020_greendaybilliejoe_getty_2000x1270-6

Green Day frontman Billie Joe Armstrong has shared another cover from his weekly ‘No Fun Mondays’ quarantine sessions.

Last week he performed his own take of ’60s band Tommy James and the Shondells’ track ‘I Think We’re Alone Now’.

Today (March 30), he shared his latest cover: Johnny Thunders’ 1978 track ‘You Can’t Put Your Arms Around A Memory’.

The track was recorded in Armstrong’s bedroom while self-isolating amid the continued coronavirus pandemic.

Green Day released their latest album ‘Father Of All…’ last month. An NME review of the record said the album saw the trio “eschewing the politics and having a good old knees-up on a raucous 13th album.

“Green Day have been bold and brazen and free of pretence. Their intent is laid bare when comparing two of the band’s record sleeves: ‘American Idiot’ was a heart like a hand grenade, ‘Father Of All’ is a unicorn puking a rainbow. Don’t try to make sense of it. Just enjoy.”

The band also recently postponed their upcoming Asia tour dates due to the ongoing coronavirus crisis.

More articles here:

https://loudwire.com/billie-joe-armstrong-covers-johnny-thunders-you-cant-put-your-arms-around-a-memory/

https://www.rocksound.tv/news/read/green-days-billie-joe-armstrong-has-released-another-cover-from-quarantine

https://wmmr.com/2020/03/30/billie-joe-armstrong-covers-no-fun-mondays/

3 hours ago, That Dude said:

Billie

I'd love a Cure cover!!!

• Like 1