Green Day Alt Press collectors edition (2020)

Squashie

Got the confirmation!

Dear

This message is to inform you that we've packed your order, put a label on it, and left it for postal pickup! See below for a better idea of when you'll see updates on your tracking number.

USPS Orders: Pickup occurs Monday-Friday. Your shipping notification means your package on its way in the next day's pickup. So, if you get this message on a Wednesday, the post office will pick it up on Thursday. If you get this message on a Friday, the post office will pick it up on Monday. Etc., etc. Once the post office picks up your stuff, they can take 24-48 hours to update their tracking link which is included at the bottom of this message. Please expect at least a week before delivery!

UPS and DHL Orders: Pickup occurs on Wednesdays and Fridays.

International Orders: Most International orders will arrive in 21-28 Business Days once they are shipped. REMINDER: International Orders may be subject to additional customs fees which are not included in shipping charges.

NOTE: Large posters included in bundles may ship in separate poster tubes and may take an additional 2 business days for USPS processing. You will receive an email with the poster tracking information if this is the case.

If you have any questions, reply directly to this message. Thanks!

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, jengd said:

Me too! I’m guessing mine will still be weeks but that’s ok, I can wait!

Mine was shipped too! I guess we'll have to wait another 4 weeks now, it says that international orders take 21-28 business days to arrive😣

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Had my shipping notification too! Really hoping it doesn't get stopped by customs and incur an excess charge! Apart from anything else that would mean it would take longer to arrive 😂

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, BillieJoe’sEyelids said:

What other GD content is in this issue besides the interview?

Past cover issue interviews. 

Past interviews, a couple of old reviews, and some new (poorly written) writeups about their early years. 

9 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Got it! Wow the posters are pretty 😍😍 Gotta put these on the wall after all

Send pics of your wall haha!

Am I the only one who still doesn't have a shipping confirmation?

• Sad 4

Spent all yesterday reading the issue. Even though it was mostly a collection of old interviews, most of them I had never read before and thought they were really good. Put together this makes a great story of their career. (Seems they never did a feature on them for RevRad because they had to fill in the era with a single page editor’s note.) But it was very comprehensive up through the trilogy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I finally received my AltPress today! Unfortunately, it will have to wait until tomorrow to be opened because I worked late and had a stressful day so didn't have any time.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2020 at 9:54 AM, WorryRock02 said:

Some pictures from Alternative Press

Haha, I just realized that's the fan account I run on Instagram. I thought I recognized that table! :)

Just got notification that my copy is stuck in customs and they want an extra £14.26 ($18) to release it! 

• Sad 3

36 minutes ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

Just got notification that my copy is stuck in customs and they want an extra £14.26 ($18) to release it! 

😲 For a magazine? I’ve never had these kinds of issues for international orders does UK customs often hold packages hostage for ransom like that (because let’s call it what it is)?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

😲 For a magazine? I’ve never had these kinds of issues for international orders does UK customs often hold packages hostage for ransom like that (because let’s call it what it is)?

All the time sadly 

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

Same, didn’t think the cost was high enough for customs to kick in, I think maybe whoever posted them stated the cost including postage as the value.  Now having to pay and wait until Monday for delivery! Oops just checked and it’s cost more than I was remembering without this!

• Sad 3

On 5/16/2020 at 1:00 AM, jengd said:

Same, didn’t think the cost was high enough for customs to kick in, I think maybe whoever posted them stated the cost including postage as the value.  Now having to pay and wait until Monday for delivery! Oops just checked and it’s cost more than I was remembering without this!

I think it's anything over $15? Was going to order one of the 1234Go shirts but that would get stuck in customs too together with my ITWAN vinyl! 

27 minutes ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

I think it's anything over $15? Was going to order one of the 1234Go shirts but that would get stuck in customs too together with my ITWAN vinyl! 

Jeez, I could see if you ordered a case of something in quantity that you could resell and profit off of but a single item over $15?

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Jeez, I could see if you ordered a case of something in quantity that you could resell and profit off of but a single item over $15?

Yeah it really sucks :( There was a big customs charge on The Boo too. 

When I send stuff to friends in the USA and elsewhere it doesn’t happen

• Like 1