Green Day Alt Press collectors edition (2020)

Squashie

4 minutes ago, kaylubd said:

Special delivery!

vGqb0oC.jpg

I'm actually very excited for the weird PUP promo thing they sent. I love that band so much!

Mine has departed Kansas City! I should be in my mailbox tomorrow. OMG! So excited.

• Like 2

I give AP props. Unlike most band special magazines, this one is only about Green Day. No, "oh here's a band related to Green Day that we're gonna talk about."

• Like 1
  • Love 1

20 minutes ago, kaylubd said:

I give AP props. Unlike most band special magazines, this one is only about Green Day. No, "oh here's a band related to Green Day that we're gonna talk about."

So the whole issue is devoted to GD? Awesome. Wish mine would ship, I can’t wait to see it and I don’t want to spoil myself with online scans.

• Like 3

Still waiting, geez what is the holdup, still no confirmation email that it has shipped.  I just want it!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

So the whole issue is devoted to GD? Awesome. Wish mine would ship, I can’t wait to see it and I don’t want to spoil myself with online scans.

Yup! The entire issue is Green Day! As for my freebies, I got a sticker, an CD sampler, this cool PUP promo item filled with their own branded bandages, and a little note on my order form that said AWW!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, desertrose said:

Still waiting, geez what is the holdup, still no confirmation email that it has shipped.  I just want it!

Me too, I got no shipping info so far. Maybe international orders are sent out later, but you're in California, right? It's weird, I think I will contact them if I don't hear anything by Monday.

14 hours ago, kaylubd said:

Yup! The entire issue is Green Day! As for my freebies, I got a sticker, an CD sampler, this cool PUP promo item filled with their own branded bandages, and a little note on my order form that said AWW!

Oh my God I hope I get PUP stuff too, I love this band! I sent a pic of my cat and got an "Awww", so hopfeully I'll get it too!

• Love 1

2 hours ago, Thatsername said:

Me too, I got no shipping info so far. Maybe international orders are sent out later, but you're in California, right? It's weird, I think I will contact them if I don't hear anything by Monday.

I hope the big bundles start shipping on Monday based on the reply I got. I’m gonna wait at least a few more days into next week before I bug them again.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I hope the big bundles start shipping on Monday based on the reply I got. I’m gonna wait at least a few more days into next week before I bug them again.  

I thought the same thing, maybe it is just the big bundles waiting to ship last..  I will bug them also next week.

I saw some pictures that I assume are from this issue (I don't want to spoil it for you so not posting it here) but I want to let you know they're extremely fangirl-worthy :ga:

(At the same time, could they go five minutes without a coke reference? We get it Billie, you like cOkE)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

26 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I saw some pictures that I assume are from this issue (I don't want to spoil it for you so not posting it here) but I want to let you know they're extremely fangirl-worthy :ga:

(At the same time, could they go five minutes without a coke reference? We get it Billie, you like cOkE)

What coke reference? The new interview doesn’t have a single mention of the word coke and he only mentions partying once. 

also, Billie was clearly working on cars/motorcycles prior to this photo shoot because his fingernails are so dirty. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Squashie said:

What coke reference? The new interview doesn’t have a single mention of the word coke and he only mentions partying once. 

also, Billie was clearly working on cars/motorcycles prior to this photo shoot because his fingernails are so dirty. 

I know! It's so gross!

3 minutes ago, kaylubd said:

I know! It's so gross!

In a weird and enduring way, it reminds me of my dad. He’s a mechanic and farmer. His nails are permanently dirty. He cleans them daily, but it’s just the nature of his work. Grease and dirt. 
God! I miss my parents so much. 😢

• Like 3

Ugh! I still haven't even gotten a shipping confirmation! 😩

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Squashie said:

In the first photo, it looked like Billie is rubbing his gum with his middle finger, but looking again, he’s probably just sucking on his dirty middle finger haha

Funny how the photos have been edited but they let the dirty nails be like it’s a good look :lol:

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, desertrose said:

I thought the same thing, maybe it is just the big bundles waiting to ship last..  I will bug them also next week.

Ah okay yeah, I ordered the biggest bundle too, so maybe that's the reason. I'll wait too then, it'll take weeks to get to me in Europe anyway, a couple of days more or less don't really matter for me 😅

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thatsername said:

Ah okay yeah, I ordered the biggest bundle too, so maybe that's the reason. I'll wait too then, it'll take weeks to get to me in Europe anyway, a couple of days more or less don't really matter for me 😅

Same, I’m working in the principle it gives me something to look forward to.

• Like 2

Damn! Those are some dirty nails! If you're gonna have them like that, Billie, at least paint them so it's covered up.

I just saw the first picture, but I'm not going to read the interview or look at anymore until I get it. It will spoil the whole anticipation and joy of finally having it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

The pictures are edited a lot, but they let the dirty nails be. It’s like they thought it’s manly :wacko:

Knowing Billie, it’s fake dirt and he did it on purpose like the blacked out tooth

• Haha 4

I'm starting to read the magazine now and I'm reminded why I stopped reading AP years ago. I feel the first few articles are poorly written. I expect the rest of the magazine will be better once I get to the old interviews.

35 minutes ago, kaylubd said:

I'm starting to read the magazine now and I'm reminded why I stopped reading AP years ago. I feel the first few articles are poorly written. I expect the rest of the magazine will be better once I get to the old interviews.

The new article has such HUGE font. As a designer this bugs me so much.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Squashie said:

The new article has such HUGE font. As a designer this bugs me so much.

It does! It doesn't look that great :lol: To think I used to buy this magazine religiously. Also, it surprised me how little Green Day has been on the cover. With how much they talk about the band I thought they'd be on there more.

• Like 1