Dream Setlist for 2020/2021 shows! What songs stay, and what songs go?

1039Revolutions

the song “green day” to confuse all the fans that don’t know that’s a song

“alright this next songs called green day ! “

Young fans : yeah I know your green day 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, luketrebilliemike said:

the song “green day” to confuse all the fans that don’t know that’s a song

“alright this next songs called green day ! “

Young fans : yeah I know your green day 

With a bong hit before the first note.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I don't have any expectations on a setlist overhaul. Probably it will remain equal after the Hella Mega is over. But I really hope that they play a lot of FOAM.

So, it would look like this:

- KYE, FOAM, FRA, Oh Yeah,  RR, Holiday, Letterbomb, Boulevard, MMOTR, Burnout, Longview, WICA, Waiting, Brain Stew, Bang Bang, Knowledge, Junkies on a High, Basket Case, She, KFAD, I was a Teenage Teenager, Minority, AI, JOS, 21 guns, GR

I will be surprised if the set doesn't look like this :lol:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Als5678ors2 said:

1. Minority

2. Know Your Enemy (with a 10- minute bridge)

3. Letterbomb (8 minutes of rant)

4. Oh Yeah 

4. Hitchin' A Ride (15 minutes of "EEEEOOO")

5. King for a Day / Shout medley for 25 minutes

Encore

6. American Idiot

7. Jesus of Suburbia

Don't JINX it! 😎

• Like 1

I wonder if they'll be playing still breathing on this tour 😐

There's so many songs that I wouldn't miss if they cut them off the list... Know your enemy, holiday, king for a day, even longview honestly, but I know it'll never happen. 

I think folk are setting themselves up for disappointment this tour with these wish lists.  Realistically the sets have got to be shorter and with the fans from three bands there it’s going to everybody play their biggest hits and leave, and honestly I don’t want deep cuts from Weezer and FOB. Wish it was just GD.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Maddie86 said:

I wonder if they'll be playing still breathing on this tour 😐

I don't think so to be honest. They stopped playing 21 Guns after the 21cb tour and that was a far more popular song than SB.
I also think they won't play it because it's a "feel good song" and apparently those aren't cool enough for Green Day right now.

@UNICORN VOMIT
Okay so this took longer than it looks hahaha but holy crap check this out:

Singles Setlist

Sorry having it in a link its the only way I could stop it from looking super shitty, but GD could realistically fill up an entire full length show of nothing but singles and it wouldn't make for a bad setlist at all!

Of course you'd rearrange these, like Opening the set with 21cb and having stuff like When it's time in the encore, but hey it could realistically work, and best of all, not a single sign of KFAD!

On another note, Shoplifter was a single? wait what? I thought it was just a B side.

Just drop shout, please god drop shout.

keep the basic KFAD if Billie cares all that much, but make it a 2 minute song..

6 KFAD medley monstrosities  is 6 too many 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RisingRedWolf said:

Of course you'd rearrange these, like Opening the set with 21cb

It's my dream listen to this song live. So yeah guys listent to us pls

11 hours ago, Thelongshot said:

I'm hoping for scattered and redundant - hearing scattered on the album launch reminded me how great it is.

I merged your thread with this existing one that we already have for discussing this :)

• Like 1

I'd love to see even once Nightlife being perfomed with Lady Cobra. That song is a fucking banger.

As always, bring back trilogy, it's your best material etc. Don't bring back any songs from Revolution Radio, that album sucked. Delete AI and JoS from existence. Play Basket Case for 2 hours straight. Fuck King For A Day. Bring back 21CB (song). Throw your Blue guitar to the trash bin and play all the Dookie songs in different tune. Play Fuck Time and Stab You in the Heart back to back. Play Fire, Ready, Aim for 10 times in a row so people will appreciate that song more.

Those are my wishes.

4 minutes ago, Miko said:

I'd love to see even once Nightlife being perfomed with Lady Cobra. That song is a fucking banger.

As always, bring back trilogy, it's your best material etc. Don't bring back any songs from Revolution Radio, that album sucked. Delete AI and JoS from existence. Play Basket Case for 2 hours straight. Fuck King For A Day. Bring back 21CB (song). Throw your Blue guitar to the trash n and play all the Dookie songs in different tune. Play Fuck Time and Stab You in the Heart back to back. Play Fire, Ready, Aim for 10 times in a row so people will appreciate that song more.

Those are my wishes.

TRIGGERED

I agree with you on KFAD 100%

The two Gloria songs would be so great...Whatsername, Scaterred and all of FOAM along with the hits that we will for sure get.

I am ok with all the hits except for Know your enemy, I just don't get. why that opening with that song all the time? Also it's the only song from 21CB that was consistently performed during the last tour which i don't get, that album is so great and most songs from it are better than KYE.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, purplebenny said:

Just drop shout, please god drop shout.

keep the basic KFAD if Billie cares all that much, but make it a 2 minute song..

6 KFAD medley monstrosities  is 6 too many 

Oh  I hope they  drop shout too and  KFAD  - there are so many other  songs that deserve a place on the setlist instead!

Edited by Thelongshot
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, JellyTime said:

Don't care about anything as long as Forever Now stays in the setlist  :wub:

If only :wub: A while ago I had a psychedelic moment listening to that song, that was incredible - I love it all the more since then

• Like 1
  • Love 2

On 1/17/2020 at 2:39 PM, Alan86 said:

That song needs to be brought back

Not gonna lie, probably the most disappointed I've been about something Green Day related in the last few years, was when they had 21CB on some setlist (can't remember where) after years of not playing it live and then they... you guessed it... didn't play it. Could this be the longest they haven't played an important single from one of their regular albums?

It's like when they played East Jesus Nowhere and Homecoming during some RevRad sound-checks, but then DIDN'T play the goddamn songs during the gig. Pure psychological torture ahaha.

I'll also throw in my two cents: Obviously there'd be too many deep-cuts for me to list, but I'll just say some more songs from 21CB would appreciated and some AI / Dookie song should either be reduced or mixed up with lesser played songs from those albums. Swap JOS with Homecoming every once in a while, swap Letterbomb with Give Me Novacaine, She's A Rebel or Extraordinary Girl, swap When I Come Around with F.O.D, Pulling Teeth or Having a Blast etc. 

Nimrod and especially Insomniac also need some more love, though I understand that the setlist length and target audience doesn't always allow for too much variety. 

Still, I'd give absolutely anything to see them play 21CB again, or songs like Panic Song, Restless Heart Syndrome, Horseshoes and Handgrenades, Haushinka, Redundant etc. 

Also, bring back the expanded acoustic encores! I don't care if it's Whatsername, One of my lies, Words I Might have ate, Macy's Day Parade etc, any of these and more will do...

• Like 3

• Hermione changed the title to Dream Setlist for (2020) 2021 shows! What songs stay, and what songs go?
  • Hermione changed the title to Dream Setlist for 2020/2021 shows! What songs stay, and what songs go?