Dream Setlist for 2020/2021 shows! What songs stay, and what songs go?

1039Revolutions

7 hours ago, Miko said:

I see this kind of message too much on Reddit especially. I'm pretty sure he hates long songs only on albums, but on live his favorite is still Jesus of Suburbia and hell, they have even played Father of All twice in a row because it's too damn short.

Then again, maybe this was a bait that I took and I can go cry myself in a corner now.

As for the topic, as long as Stop When The Red Lights Flash is once again brought to setlist and 21st Century Breakdown as opener, I'm happy. Fire, Ready, Aim would be nice to hear live too but unless they are not playing that during NHL show, I feel like it won't be played live at all.

Oh yeah, fuck Know Your Enemy and King For A Day. Those songs need to go.

Yeah. You're probably right. We just can't take anything he says seriously I guess. 

Yes to Stop When the Red Lights Flash! It's probably my favourite live song I've experienced! 

10 hours ago, Miko said:

I see this kind of message too much on Reddit especially. I'm pretty sure he hates long songs only on albums, but on live his favorite is still Jesus of Suburbia and hell, they have even played Father of All twice in a row because it's too damn short.

Although he did say while soundchecking Jesus of Suburbia in Seville (MTV World Stage) "I don't even want to play this song!"

• Sad 2

My real dream is to have a Green Day official bootleg series of every show as Pearl Jam does… 

Best setlists ever were in San jose, Costa Rica 2010 and San Francisco (Warfield) 2005

• Like 1

This setlist doesn't necessarily contain all of my favorite Green Day songs, but I think it's a somehow realistic version of what we could expect combined with a bit more variety. My dream setlist would include songs like Castaway, Little Girl or Worry Rock, but come on, we all know that this won't happen 🥺

I got rid of some staples like JOS, King for a Day and the Shout medley. That would give them some more time to play some tunes which they usually don't perform live. I really like JOS but as a live version it doesn't do much for me. 

1. Bang Bang

2. Know Your Enemy 

3. Father of All 

4. Oh Yeah

5. Holiday

6. Boulevard of Broken Dreams 

7. Longview

8. Welcome to Paradise 

9. Armatage Shanks 

10. Bab's Uvula Who? 

11. Waiting 

12. Scattered 

13. Going to Pasalacqua

14. Give me Novacaine 

15. St. Jimmy 

16. Letterbomb 

17. Stray Heart 

18. Missing You

19. The Static Age

20. Who Wrote Holden Caulfield 

21. Knowledge 

22. Still Breathing 

23. American Idiot 

Encore: 

24. Basket Case

25. She

26. 21 Guns

27. When I Come Around 

28. Forever Now

Encore 2: 

29. Wake Me Up When September Ends

As soon as the new record is out, I'd probably replace some of the AI-songs (like St. Jimmy or Letterbomb) with some of the new material so that we get to hear at least 6 new songs as well. 

2 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Alternating between Oh Yeah and King for a Day for 4 hours.

This show is for all the haters. 

Never been happier that OZ has no tour dates😋

• Like 2

1 minute ago, UNICORN VOMIT said:

Never been happier that OZ has no tour dates😋

Having a discussion at work the other day, and made a new cuss word. The guy was telling me a vulture threw up on him and I said:

Vulture Vomit!

Instead of bs, I now say VV.

King for a day!

• Haha 2

Father of All in full.  

Done.

Oh, and then "Bad Blood" as an encore.  Taylor Swift and Jesse Malin Queen them as the New Rodeo Queens of the Foxboro Network.

• Haha 2

I've been wanting Green Day to change the setlist for so freaking long. I honestly think songs like KYE, American Idiot, When I Come Around, and KFA can go. I get it, they're fun live, but it would be nice to hear other songs. At this point in their career they have such an extensive catalog. They could pull out deep cuts like Blood, Sex, and Booze or Having a Blast. Or they could just go with songs they haven't played in a while like anything from The Trilogy. 

I would love to hear them play stuff like Restless Heart Syndrome, Bouncing off the Walls, Give Me Novocaine, The Grouch, Geek Stink Breath, and Walking Contradiction. I think all these could be really fun live. 

• Like 2

I feel like with this MASSIVE Stadium tour that they're doing, we're going to see a lot of "Hits". You can count on AI, BOBD, Holiday, maybe even September Ends, plus lots Dookie era songs. As much as I'd love more deep cuts, I wouldn't be surprised if they find their setlist in the first few shows and stick to it (kind of like what they did last North America tour, with a few exceptions of course). 

I'd personally LOVE to here The Grouch one day - also Homecoming would be amazing (I know they played it instead of JOS in Montreal about 10 years ago, and when I saw that I was SHOOK).

• Like 1

@Freezing Melons I'm sure you're right because that's what they do on all the other stadium tours. This one feels even more so because now you have FOB and Weezer fans in the mix.

I just wish they wouldn't have that mindset. Other bands do stadium tours and aren't afraid to mix it up. I don't buy the whole "oh these fans will be disappointed if we don't play this." Sure, maybe they will, but doesn't that give them a reason to want to see you again? And you're not really listening to other fans who want to see something different. They can't please everyone and that includes the crowd that wants different stuff too. I just really dislike their whole approach to the setlist and I place the blame all on The Cure. They sell out stadiums, but if you see them multiple nights in a row, you get multiple different shows. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

No "great theatrics" at my show and we're good.

I'd love to hear any FOAM songs, the more the merrier and then some Nimrod, Insomniac and 21CB would be great.

• Like 2

Nothing specific, just surprise us. It'd be really cool to see them bust out a non-album track here and there.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Chin for a Day said:

One day, you and I are going to be roommates in a nursing home and I and going to play King For a Day on repeat, 24 x 7

I feel like Im ready to go now to be honest😎

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Als5678ors2 said:

1. Minority

2. Know Your Enemy (with a 10- minute bridge)

3. Letterbomb (8 minutes of rant)

4. Oh Yeah 

4. Hitchin' A Ride (15 minutes of "EEEEOOO")

5. King for a Day / Shout medley for 25 minutes

Encore

6. American Idiot

7. Jesus of Suburbia

I really cannot wait for these! 

• Hermione changed the title to Dream Setlist for (2020) 2021 shows! What songs stay, and what songs go?
  • Hermione changed the title to Dream Setlist for 2020/2021 shows! What songs stay, and what songs go?