Coverups & Dead Mermaids at Tiki Bar Dec 6th

Squashie

I have no idea.  Someone who was there would have to verify.  I thought it odd that he was not at the event at all, so if he was at least there or his band played, that would be very different.

20 minutes ago, Thatsername said:

I haven’t watched any of the videos yet but reading this, I don’t even want to. Maybe I’m the only one, but if the price for sounding as great as they do right now is that Billie is going down that road again, I’m not ready to pay it. Sober RevRad Billie was perfect enough for me. The bad feeling I had from the very start of this era keeps intensifying, and this doesn’t help. Yeah I know the whole topic is the Voldemort of GDC that mustn’t be named so I’ll leave it at that. 

I mean he wasn't as gone as he was during Irving Plaza or iHeartRadio but definitely more ''open'' as I would say.

8 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

Most importantly, is this grey hair or just light?

792ij9kuz7341.jpg

Also what's up with the mustaches, what the fuck!!! Who came up with that

It's the light and they all had moustaches.  Mike had a bunch of sharpies with him and was passing them out trying to get everyone to draw them on their face.

• Like 2

I feel like some of you guys have been watching totally different videos than I did. Billie sounded fine on Stop Drop and Roll maybe, but that's it. The rest of the show was a mess. The band (especially Tré) fucked up everything they could and Billie didn't sound good at all to me compared to the other shows of this era. I agree that previous performances so far were stunning and I noticed some improvement in Billie's voice, but this show was not nearly as good. I'm taking it for what it was though, sort of a family reunion and Tré's birthday party more than anything. Of course it was fucking amazing to have all side projects + Green Day play at a single show and I honestly found it hilarious that they messed up so much, given that they're always so tight. They weren't taking this seriously and the performance was affected by that. They don't care and I don't either, it must have been a blast.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, FeylGD said:

Don't know how to feel about this show. Can't imagine what they'll do on New Year's Eve.

They can hardly outdo the Good Riddance performance :lol:

42 minutes ago, Master Roshi said:

I feel like some of you guys have been watching totally different videos than I did. Billie sounded fine on Stop Drop and Roll maybe, but that's it. The rest of the show was a mess. The band (especially Tré) fucked up everything they could and Billie didn't sound good at all to me compared to the other shows of this era. I agree that previous performances so far were stunning and I noticed some improvement in Billie's voice, but this show was not nearly as good. I'm taking it for what it was though, sort of a family reunion and Tré's birthday party more than anything. Of course it was fucking amazing to have all side projects + Green Day play at a single show and I honestly found it hilarious that they messed up so much, given that they're always so tight. They weren't taking this seriously and the performance was affected by that. They don't care and I don't either, it must have been a blast.

I guess I’ve gotten used to it seeing so many Longshot and Coverup shows.  Forgetting lyrics and messing up has become a pretty regular feature at these shows that has turned into a running joke. This was no worse than any of a dozen shows Billie’s done over the past two years, drunk or sober.  I think he needs to seriously start thinking about a teleprompter because whatever the cause (booze, ADHD, insomnia, etc.) it’s starting to leak over into Green Day shows as well. 

• Haha 1

All I see is a kickass band having fun and celebrating with a huuuuuge awesome set list. They’re playing the Tiki bar not the Grammy awards, let them be :) 

P.s. I don’t think an iphone video can really give justice to this kind of show, you have to be there and I really hope one day I’ll be able to see them in this kind of setting 😭

• Like 3
  • Love 1