Green Day Headlining Rock im Park / Rock am Ring

Meliciraptor

Green Day were just confirmed for Rock im Park and Rock am Ring. Maybe someone can copy in a link or photo? I'm at work and don't have much time at the moment

EDIT: Here's the tweet from Green Day

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Haha, would've gone to Rock im Park anyways, but this definitely made my day. I just wouldn't have bought tickets to Antwerp if I had known about this (which is probably why they waited for the announcement until after the presale started). I will probably sell those tickets now. 

RIP 2020 :(

Not to open up to speculation prematurely (lol too late I guess) but is this something we could likely get some footage from?

• Like 2

Just now, herewegoagain said:

Not to open up to speculation prematurely (lol too late I guess) but is this something we could likely get some footage from?

Quite possible! It depends on the management's decision though and will usually be decided only about a day or so before the show. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Meliciraptor said:

Quite possible! It depends on the management's decision though and will usually be decided only about a day or so before the show. 

I see I see. Well, only.... *counts*, nine months until we find out! :sherlock:

1 hour ago, herewegoagain said:

We've had great, if too short, footage from Rock Am Ring before and this was my exact thought when I saw this - please let there be good footage from this tour!

• Like 3

what a "surprise" :D

good for me, i am going to Rock am Ring festival since 2012, planned to go in 2020 too, and even Weezer are in!

So in the end i dont need to travel to Paris and buy the expensive "hellaNO" tickets, and i can still see GD *_*

Edit:

if anyone has any questions about the german Rock am Ring festival, feel free to ask :)

• Like 2

Their 2013 Rock am Ring show was insane and that was the last time I went to that festival. I'll take Rock im Park this time and OMG I'm already so excited🤩 The line-up is SO good so far, Billy Talent, Weezer, Disturbed, Volbeat... well worth the money!

Yeah, definitely hoping for live footage, last time they streamed most of GD's set, I hope they will do the same next year.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, GuitarPunk94 said:

what a "surprise" :D

good for me, i am going to Rock am Ring festival since 2012, planned to go in 2020 too, and even Weezer are in!

So in the end i dont need to travel to Paris and buy the expensive "hellaNO" tickets, and i can still see GD *_*

Edit:

if anyone has any questions about the german Rock am Ring festival, feel free to ask :)

Haha, same for me when it comes to Rock im Park. It's a great festival! 

19 minutes ago, Kaddi. said:

The line-up is incredible. I wish there were tickets without camping, but I guess there are not? 

Rock am Ring has 3-day-festival tickets (without camping) (~150€) and camping tickets (~50€)

GD even planned to play Dookie in full when they headlined this festival back in 2013, but unfortunately they didnt do it for whatever reason 🙄

2 minutes ago, GuitarPunk94 said:

Rock am Ring has 3-day-festival tickets (without camping) (~150€) and camping tickets (~50€)

GD even planned to play Dookie in full when they headlined this festival back in 2013, but unfortunately they didnt do it for whatever reason 🙄

I think this was an exclusive for Reading Festival?

13 minutes ago, Meliciraptor said:

They played Dookie in full in 2013 for the first time during they show in Belgrade, if I remember correctly. Then they played it couple of more times after that on certain shows, Reading festival being one of them. ☺️

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Meliciraptor said:

no, they even had dookie written on their setlist for rock am ring

if i remember correctly they once said in an interview that they planned to do this dookie-in-full thing on several shows/festivals back in 2013, but they always had a back-up plan

i think they started playing their show at rock am ring, they realized the crowd was "too mainstream/not worthy enough" for dookie, so they switched to plan b on their set and sadly didnt play dookie (shame on us in the pits who didnt go 110% haha) 😒😅

42 minutes ago, Todd said:

Ah, this explains the large gaps between dates in Europe. I'm sure there will be more festival announcements to come! 

And just fir a change, they are rumoured for Glastonbury! 😂

1 hour ago, GuitarPunk94 said:

no, they even had dookie written on their setlist for rock am ring

if i remember correctly they once said in an interview that they planned to do this dookie-in-full thing on several shows/festivals back in 2013, but they always had a back-up plan

i think they started playing their show at rock am ring, they realized the crowd was "too mainstream/not worthy enough" for dookie, so they switched to plan b on their set and sadly didnt play dookie (shame on us in the pits who didnt go 110% haha) 😒😅

We got Dookie in Vienna though. :P 

33 minutes ago, jengd said:

And just fir a change, they are rumoured for Glastonbury! 😂

😂 aren't they rumored for that one every year?

Maybe they will play it now since Billie went this year. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DadBod said:

They're rumored in the FEQ (big festival in Canada) every fucking years too. 
I'll say like every years tho... ''This year is the year!''

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DadBod said:

Yep, pretty well are and when asked during revrad about it, they seemed surprised but with Billie visiting this year, I did wonder if they would discuss them appearing.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jengd said:

Yep, pretty well are and when asked during revrad about it, they seemed surprised but with Billie visiting this year, I did wonder if they would discuss them appearing.

And they’ve the Sunday night of glasto left free

• Like 1

I’m keeping my fingers crossed that this means more solo dates are to come.

Also, it’s freaking impossible that they’re the headliners and no Pro-Shot footage would broadcast.

• Like 1

Oh man!  

I am sure I can't afford to fly to Germany, but WOW.   THAT LINE UP!  

5 of my all time favorite bands and 6 that I know are pretty good.   MAN.  

I'm trying to do the math.   I currently work two jobs so I'm pondering.....How can I do this.....

System of a Down and Offspring are on my bucket list, I NEED to see them both.   They'll probably come closer than THIS, right?   I'm in South Carolina and can drive anywhere within 10 hours or so.    Georgia is usually where I go for bigger shows.  

Disturbed are coming to town soon and I'm passing it up since I just went to SLIPKNOT  and COLD this month.   Everclear are in town this week but I don't know if I'll make it or not.  

TOO MANY CONCERTS, SO LITTLE MONEY!!!!! AAAAAAAGGGH! 

That line up.....oh man.    That line up.  

THAT LINE UP!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, GuitarPunk94 said:

I always thought that rock im park sold one-day tickets as well but it can be possible that I'm wrong, the last time I checked was several years ago. If they do sell one day tickets I might consider going to rock im park.

• Like 1