Green Day Headlining Rock im Park / Rock am Ring

Meliciraptor

Ooooh! I'm excited! I hope there will be some pro-shot footage! Seems like there was for the past 2 tours.

• Like 1

Best news in a LONG time! I was super disappointed to not be able to see them in Berlin, especially because we don't know if there will be more European shows during the FOAMF era (even though I hope so). But Rock am Ring literally takes place about 20 minutes from where I live, so there's absolutely no way I won't be there this year. The rest of the line-up is awesome, too, so I couldn't be more happy at the moment!

11 hours ago, Nemo. said:

I always thought that rock im park sold one-day tickets as well but it can be possible that I'm wrong, the last time I checked was several years ago. If they do sell one day tickets I might consider going to rock im park.

I'm not sure about Rock im Park, but Rock am Ring usually starts selling one-day tickets when they realize that they're not going to sell out the whole festival. So if they they do offer one day tickets, they might announce it later next year I'd say.

after reading through several comments about the rock am ring announcement, it seems like it could sold out, so no one-day-tickets for rock am ring (dont know about rock im park)

Ordered my tickets for Rock am Ring yesterday, can't wait! I love that line-up! 
'Say it Ain't So' in front of ten thousands of People is gonna be magical. 

Edited by Your _Enemy
german autocorrect
  • Like 1

Ooh this is exciting, hopefully we'll get more festival announcements soon. I've always wanted to go to Glastonbury, it would be incredible if Green Day headlined. Their politics certainly match! 

4 hours ago, GuitarPunk94 said:

after reading through several comments about the rock am ring announcement, it seems like it could sold out, so no one-day-tickets for rock am ring (dont know about rock im park)

Rock im Park also sells one day tickets when the festival doesn't sell out. Those will be announced quite late though. This year, my favorite German punk band headlined the festival and I bought a weekend ticket first, to make sure I get a ticket, and then sold it again for a day ticket once they were on sale. It worked quite well for me.

yes, I just looked it up on the website and in the FAQ it says that until now they don't know if they sell one day tickets but they'll anounce it if they do so. So I'll wait and see. But the lineup is superb (I mean Heaven Shall Burn and Powerwolf are bands that you shouldn't miss if you go, esp. powerwolf is an awesome live band)

20 hours ago, Nemo. said:

I always thought that rock im park sold one-day tickets as well but it can be possible that I'm wrong, the last time I checked was several years ago. If they do sell one day tickets I might consider going to rock im park.

Same here. :) 

21 hours ago, That Dude said:

Oh man!  

I am sure I can't afford to fly to Germany, but WOW.   THAT LINE UP!  

5 of my all time favorite bands and 6 that I know are pretty good.   MAN.  

I'm trying to do the math.   I currently work two jobs so I'm pondering.....How can I do this.....

System of a Down and Offspring are on my bucket list, I NEED to see them both.   They'll probably come closer than THIS, right?   I'm in South Carolina and can drive anywhere within 10 hours or so.    Georgia is usually where I go for bigger shows.  

Disturbed are coming to town soon and I'm passing it up since I just went to SLIPKNOT  and COLD this month.   Everclear are in town this week but I don't know if I'll make it or not.  

TOO MANY CONCERTS, SO LITTLE MONEY!!!!! AAAAAAAGGGH! 

That line up.....oh man.    That line up.  

THAT LINE UP!!

You should totally come, those are great festivals with people from all over the world. But if you decide to come, pick Rock Im Park. Rock Am Ring is in a part of the country where the weather always sucks (at least when I’m there😜). When I saw Green Day there 2013, it was so foggy you could barely see the stage, and I wasn’t that far away 🤣

• Like 2

yeah the weather at Rock am Ring (its in the "Eifel" in germany) can be weird, i experienced nearly every weather condition there, and its always in the first weekend of June

last year we had a bad windy-storm and at night it was like ~5°C cold (no fun at all)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

yesterday, following bands got added to the line-up:

Alter Bridge, Rea Garvey, Airbourne, NF, Royal Republic, Babymetal, Eskimo Callboy, Skillet, SSIO, Bush, Refused, The Pretty Reckless, Gojira, Black Veil Brides, Seasick Steve, Schmutzki, Gang Of Youths, Baroness, We Came As Romans, Neffex, Devin Townsend, Toxpack, Amaranthe, Wage War, The Menzingers, Boston Manor, Ego Kill Talent, Stone Broken, Creeper, Tempt

the festivals are also getting close to a sold-out!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, GuitarPunk94 said:

yesterday, following bands got added to the line-up:

Alter Bridge, Rea Garvey, Airbourne, NF, Royal Republic, Babymetal, Eskimo Callboy, Skillet, SSIO, Bush, Refused, The Pretty Reckless, Gojira, Black Veil Brides, Seasick Steve, Schmutzki, Gang Of Youths, Baroness, We Came As Romans, Neffex, Devin Townsend, Toxpack, Amaranthe, Wage War, The Menzingers, Boston Manor, Ego Kill Talent, Stone Broken, Creeper, Tempt

the festivals are also getting close to a sold-out!

So excited about The Menzingers🥰. They are just amazing. The line-up next year is really top-notch. I had kind of hoped they would add My Chemical Romance too. I'll probably drop dead if they do🤪 Hoping SO MUCH they'll come to Europe next year.

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone willing to do both rock am ring and rock Im park? 

On 12/12/2019 at 12:46 PM, Thatsername said:

So excited about The Menzingers🥰. They are just amazing. The line-up next year is really top-notch. I had kind of hoped they would add My Chemical Romance too. I'll probably drop dead if they do🤪 Hoping SO MUCH they'll come to Europe next year.

Menzingers are amazing ♥️

• Like 1

On 12/12/2019 at 12:46 PM, Thatsername said:

Me too.

I saw MCR back in 2011 opening for LP in Imola

• 2 months later...

The exact dates have just been announced: Green Day will play Rock im Park on the 6th June (Saturday) and Rock am Ring on the 7th June (Sunday).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Yosuke Hanamura said:

Does Rock am Ring and Rock im Park get webstreams? I so want to capture this.

There will definitely be a stream, usually for free. Don't know if it'll be available outside of Germany though. And if Green Day gives them the permission to stream their performance. 

2 minutes ago, CherryBombs&Gasoline said:

There will definitely be a stream, usually for free. Don't know if it'll be available outside of Germany though. And if Green Day gives them the permission to stream their performance. 

I have a VPN, so I’m prepared for that circumstance. ;)

Also, I recall their last two RaR appearances were shown in some capacity. I’d expect this to be the same.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Yosuke Hanamura said:

I have a VPN, so I’m prepared for that circumstance. ;)

Also, I recall their last two RaR appearances were shown in some capacity. I’d expect this to be the same.

True. They played Southside in 2017 and gave no permission to show any footage though. Same for all of the other festivals back then. Seems like they became very protective of their pro footage lately. So we'll see :D

50 minutes ago, CherryBombs&Gasoline said:

True. They played Southside in 2017 and gave no permission to show any footage though. Same for all of the other festivals back then. Seems like they became very protective of their pro footage lately. So we'll see :D

It seems like they’re somewhat turning that around. They’ve done tons of promotional appearances this time around on TV and radio, 3 awards show appearances, New Year’s Rockin’ Eve, NHL, a concert on MTV, and three concert livestreams. (iHeartRadio, LiveXLive, and KROQ.)

Not to mention that the Whisky a Go-Go concert getting SBD releases.

@mods/admins:

the festival shows at Rock im Park and at Rock am Ring are missing in the touring-section, could we please move this thread to the touring-subforum? it will be easier to follow

17 hours ago, Yosuke Hanamura said:

Does Rock am Ring and Rock im Park get webstreams? I so want to capture this.

Rock am Ring is televised, Rock im Park isn't. As was mentioned, it depends if Green Day or whoever is responsible gives permission, but they always have in the past. So, there should be a live-stream on the RAR website, provided by Deutsche Telekom (although that isn't officially confirmed, but highly likely) and parts of the festival will also be broadcast on 3sat (TV), though again, no confirmation yet as to when/what etc. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...