Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy

Sanity Loan

10 minutes ago, Alf said:

the thing that scarys me the most is wonder how much time on stage each band will have. All the three bands are huge acts, I know that GD is the headliner, but I doubt they will play a 2 and a half hours set, and with this, they will probably stuck into the hits every night

It depends. It started at 5pm.
The Interrupters 5 to 5:45
Weezer 6 to 7
FOB 7:30 to 8:30
Green Day 9 to 11

Just now, Little Boy Named Booze said:

It depends. It started at 5pm.
The Interrupters 5 to 5:45
Weezer 6 to 7
FOB 7:30 to 8:30
Green Day 9 to 11

I would bet in something like: 20/30 minutes for Interrupters, 1:30 hour for Weezer and Fob, and 2h tops for Green Day

3 minutes ago, Alf said:

I would bet in something like: 20/30 minutes for Interrupters, 1:30 hour for Weezer and Fob, and 2h tops for Green Day

1:30 for Weezer and FOB is long... I prefer the Interrupters over Weezer and FOB lol

• Like 3

I can seeing it shaking down like this

The Interrupters 5:15 to 5:45
FOB 6:15 to 7
Weezer 7:30 to 8:30
Green Day 9 to 11

At least half an hour between acts (especially since they're all bigger acts). And I can't see FOB going after Weezer.

36 minutes ago, Freezing Melons said:

I can seeing it shaking down like this

The Interrupters 5:15 to 5:45
FOB 6:15 to 7
Weezer 7:30 to 8:30
Green Day 9 to 11

At least half an hour between acts (especially since they're all bigger acts). And I can't see FOB going after Weezer.

FOB will 100% be after Weezer

not even a discussion 

• Like 2

It was billed as 

Weezer

FOB

Green Day

so fob goes after Weezer based on bill listing.

I was really looking forward to the tour. I enjoy all of the acts and I was so excited to see the interrupters live. I wish they had been on the summer North America leg of RevRad instead of catfish & the bottlemen.

• Like 1

I’m going to need a lot if intoxication to make it through fall out boy. That is some shitty music.

Also, Scott Nagleburg is still a fucking loser and crush management sucks. 

• 1 month later...

Surely the Asia dates (and even the European dates) are going to be cancelled again soon? Can't really see anything like Hella Mega happening until at least autumn and even then... 

• Like 1

Agreed.  I posted on the wrong thread, forgot about hologram discussion, a couple of weeks ago that I can’t see this going ahead, certainly not the Asian dates.  Realistically, I can’t see their insurers letting Billie Joe be put at risk, it could be very serious for him and his career if he caught it, not to mention nobody else should be put at risk either.  

I saw something about there being pleas for the big music festivals being given the go ahead in the UK for the summer but it’s not clear yet whether they will.

• Like 1

Wouldn't it be cool if they put on shows around the world as HOLOGRAMS and called it the HOLO MEGA TOUR?!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Clockwise said:

Wouldn't it be cool if they put on shows around the world as HOLOGRAMS and called it the HOLO MEGA TOUR?!

Beerjeezus got a source in the industry for this Holo Tour 😂

4 hours ago, jengd said:

Agreed.  I posted on the wrong thread, forgot about hologram discussion, a couple of weeks ago that I can’t see this going ahead, certainly not the Asian dates.  Realistically, I can’t see their insurers letting Billie Joe be put at risk, it could be very serious for him and his career if he caught it, not to mention nobody else should be put at risk either.  

I saw something about there being pleas for the big music festivals being given the go ahead in the UK for the summer but it’s not clear yet whether they will.

They’ve been ramping up vaccine distribution in California I’m sure the band would all be vaccinated before resuming any tour but it’s the crew and audience that need protection and travel and event restrictions lifted. We need to see case numbers drop first too.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

They’ve been ramping up vaccine distribution in California I’m sure the band would all be vaccinated before resuming any tour but it’s the crew and audience that need protection and travel and event restrictions lifted. We need to see case numbers drop first too.

I agree that I don't think they would go on tour before getting vaccinated, but that might take some time. I don't know exactly what the rules are in California, but I do know that in most states it is people over 65 and essential workers getting it first, and our Green Day boys are neither LOL. The only way they would get it early would be if they have health conditions that put them at high risk (which we don't know and shouldn't speculate on). So we might have to wait a few months for them to get vaxxed and ready to hit the road, unfortunately. As you mentioned, it will also probably be a while before enough people are vaccinated and cases have dropped enough where an event like a large concert can be held.

9 hours ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

Surely the Asia dates (and even the European dates) are going to be cancelled again soon? Can't really see anything like Hella Mega happening until at least autumn and even then... 

I just want to go to the show in Toronto. You can cancel every other venues.

• Haha 2

Just now, Herroon said:

I wonder if they'll try and push it to 2022 or just give up

I guess it depends on what costs them more. They probably still are contractually obligated to tour FOAM, I suppose.

Honestly though I don't even see how shows this size will be possible even in 2022. Club shows and small arenas, yes I believe they will be able to go ahead, but it's hard to believe in less than 2 years we'd be able to go from absolutely no concerts at all back to shows of 60k people. I just don't see it happening. I'd love to be wrong though.

Ideally, as much as I'd love to see FOB and Weezer (yes I am one of those people), I think they should just cancel at this point and focus more on smaller shows until it's safe to do large tours again. I say this as I really want to see a Network show, but also like, realism. :lol: 

• Like 4

Maybe they can do smaller venues until 2022 and then bring back HMT.
Yes I want this fucking tour to happen.

4 minutes ago, Lindsay said:

Honestly though I don't even see how shows this size will be possible even in 2022. Club shows and small arenas, yes I believe they will be able to go ahead, but it's hard to believe in less than 2 years we'd be able to go from absolutely no concerts at all back to shows of 60k people. I just don't see it happening. I'd love to be wrong though.

Ideally, as much as I'd love to see FOB and Weezer (yes I am one of those people), I think they should just cancel at this point and focus more on smaller shows until it's safe to do large tours again. I say this as I really want to see a Network show, but also like, realism. :lol: 

I bet they could do a lowkey network club tour if they really felt like it

13 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I guess it depends on what costs them more. They probably still are contractually obligated to tour FOAM, I suppose.

Perhaps- but it did drop right before COVID happened, so I could imagine an obligation like that maybe being able to get skirted due to the unique circumstances, yknow?

• Like 1

• AlissaGoesRAWR changed the title to Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy