Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy

Sanity Loan

17 minutes ago, Goofygoldfish said:

I'm going to apologise for even having this thought, but now I've had it I can't shake it. 

So, I think we all agree the HM tour is intended to boost sales, and ideally get new fans for all 3 bands. 

What if, the only way of getting pre-sale tickets is to buy a bundle off all 3 bands albums. That would be super cheeky (and I confess I'd do it for pre-sale!). 

Do you think they would? 

Sorry! 

I don't know if they would go this far, but I would bet that there will be an extortionate VIP ticket deal.

I wouldn't mind if they did this presale thing, though. Anything that helps me not regret pretending this isn't happening is welcome :P

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tisu said:

They look like they're in the shipping / merch bit though, not tour dates /venues. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Goofygoldfish said:

They look like they're in the shipping / merch bit though, not tour dates /venues. 

Plus the website would have to have all currencies Incase people not from country A wish to travel. And order tickets in their own currency

straw clutching at its absolute best

• Like 1

Those two bands are hot rn, so, that's smart.

But I was disappointed by FOB live, I don't want to pay (read: can't afford) those sure-to-be-outrageous prices and I'm not looking forward to short sets. 

All we wanted was a front-to-back Dookie/AI anniversary tour 💔

11 minutes ago, Mar said:

Those two bands are hot rn, so, that's smart.

But I was disappointed by FOB live, I don't want to pay (read: can't afford) those sure-to-be-outrageous prices and I'm not looking forward to short sets. 

All we wanted was a front-to-back Dookie/AI anniversary tour 💔

I was actually one of the lucky few to experience them playing dookie front to back for the first time ever...and tbh even tho I absolutely love dookie and was amazed to hear all of the songs live, a lot of people didn't seem to be that hype cause they probably didn't even know some of the songs...I guess this is why they don't always do this but on special occasions 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tisu said:

Oh no for fuck's sake it's there

1 hour ago, purplebenny said:

Plus the website would have to have all currencies Incase people not from country A wish to travel. And order tickets in their own currency

straw clutching at its absolute best

I wouldn't say so. Ususally there's just British pounds and Euro for Europe while this lists suspiciously many minor currencies.

However, I see there are currencies of countries where they most likely wouldn't play during a regular tour (their last Asian tour was 10yrs ago when they were a lot bigger), so I see a silver lining to this in that fans from these places get something.

• Like 1

Finally remembers my log on.

I am conflicted with this "announcement". If they tour, it would be amazing. I now need that shirt that says Fall Out Boy but has Green Day on the front of it. And I haven't seen Weezer live yet so it would be a first time experience for that (having seen and loved FOB live three times and Green Day four).

It will depend on how they market it. Will it be select arena tour (Madison Square Garden as an option? Since GD hasn't played there since 21st Century Breakdown but both Weezer and FOB have been there the last two years together and separately) or will it be the summer/outdoor venues (like PNC or Camden)?  

And I do wonder if any one of these bands will do their set list as an "Anniversary" concert and play an album in its entirety with a few other songs as their encore (like how Blink is currently on tour playing Enema of the State) . That may help in the selling of tickets if say GD announces they will play all of AI or Dookie (or because it will be 20 years in October, Nimrod) or if Weezer says they will do Blue Albun or FOB does Infinity on High. Granted, I would also love new music from all three bands as well but if they want to market and sell the tickets, that would be an extra boost apart from their names alone. 

No matter what they do, I am probably going to go broke with trying to see them live. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Tisu said:

The website is hosted on SquareSpace

If you look at the code of any other SquareSpace site (greenday.com for example) its the same.

I dunno why everyone is so upset by this tour. Maybe its just the Americans who are so used to getting the arena shows?

I am no fan of FOB at all, but who cares if it introduces GD to a new audience

Weezer on the other hand, loved them back in the day but they haven't released anything good in 20 years... (with the exception of a couple of things) but I would be happy to see them live for sure

• Like 1

Well that makes it official. I wonder how much stuff is coming Tuesday. 3 singles and the tour announcement? I don't understand why GD needs to tour with two other bands, but they seem happy about it.

• Like 3

Okay, even I have to admit I'm more pumped after seeing that clip.
What a surprise it was to see a notification saying to look at their first post.

• Like 4

This is what we’re having tomorrow 

Moreover, the account is now private... I’m getting some Longshot vibes here ahah 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, Minority103 said:

This is what we’re having tomorrow 

Moreover, the account is now private... I’m getting some Longshot vibes here ahah 

Why would they make the account private though?

2 minutes ago, amberwhite said:

Why did he make the longshot one private before the release?

its Billie (I’m assuming he’s running the account), there is no explanation. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DadBod said:

Why did he make the longshot one private before the release?

its Billie (I’m assuming he’s running the account), there is no explanation. 

The Longshot was a small club tour, this is supposed to be stadiums. Seems counterproductive. 

37 minutes ago, Paola17 said:

Okay, even I have to admit I'm more pumped after seeing that clip.
What a surprise it was to see a notification saying to look at their first post.

I know, my brain didn't really register until I saw Billie's tattoos. 😄

7 minutes ago, amberwhite said:

Maybe those of us who followed before it went private will get first dibs at tickets.

• Love 4

• AlissaGoesRAWR changed the title to Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy - postponed
  • AlissaGoesRAWR changed the title to Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy