Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy

Sanity Loan

28 minutes ago, GreenDayItaly said:

Not here in Italy. Here they only offered us a voucher, but absolutely did not give any refund option ☹️

That's no good :( I'm pretty sure that was an option for the shows I have tickets for. 

On 1/24/2021 at 11:18 AM, Beathe. said:

Can't they just reschedule or cancel this already. 

This!

I know the tour is not gonna happen, but at the same time I will have this irrational grain of hope until they cancel it :lol:

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, JellyTime said:

This!

I know the tour is not gonna happen, but at the same time I will have this irrational grain of hope until they cancel it :lol:

I have no hope for a tour this year. I just have a lot of concert tickets that I want to be sorted out. :lol:

• Like 1

20 hours ago, GreenDayItaly said:

Not here in Italy. Here they only offered us a voucher, but absolutely did not give any refund option ☹️

You’re entitled to the refund, the EU make it so.

You can refuse the voucher from TM and ask for a refund. They’ll always offer you the voucher 

21 hours ago, Beathe. said:

That's no good :( I'm pretty sure that was an option for the shows I have tickets for. 

Not here. 
You could asked for the refound but they gave you a voucher and not the money back 

“My manager just told me yesterday that the US promoter is still saying it’s gonna happen,” he says, before giving an exaggerated shrug that suggests he’s given up trying to predict the future. “That could change, but I’m not making any other plans for the summer.”

Rivers Cuomo still thinks it's happening. 

https://www.nme.com/features/weezer-ok-human-van-weezer-hella-mega-tour-fall-out-boy-green-day-2864359

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Clockwise said:

“My manager just told me yesterday that the US promoter is still saying it’s gonna happen,” he says, before giving an exaggerated shrug that suggests he’s given up trying to predict the future. “That could change, but I’m not making any other plans for the summer.”

Rivers Cuomo still thinks it's happening. 

https://www.nme.com/features/weezer-ok-human-van-weezer-hella-mega-tour-fall-out-boy-green-day-2864359

GREAT NEWS!!

2 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Can we get a new strain of the virus or something? Please?

It's gonna be a great tour :)

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, GuitarPunk94 said:

i dont know how it works for the US, but in germany (europe) show/festivals promoters/organizers cant say sth like "ya, not gonna happen obviously" because of their insurance contracts, they have to go on as if all of this will happen, they have to wait for the officials / politicians to cancel big events like this, then they can cancel it and get their insurance money

damn :(

39 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Can we get a new strain of the virus or something? Please?

Do you really hate FOB that much? Damn.

I was totally psyched for Hella Mega, but I guess I'm glad that it's postponed (if not cancelled). Now I can get my money back and see them on the next tour!

• Like 2

Honestly my hype for the HMT isn't even FOB or Weezer (tho I like them very much!) but it's The Interrupters.
And Green Day of course.

• Like 2

Just now, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Honestly my hype for the HMT isn't even FOB or Weezer (tho I like them very much!) but it's The Interrupters.
And Green Day of course.

Australia would have gotten the Beths. 
Their album "Future Me Hates Me" is such a great listen - I saw them in Toronto at a super small bar (Horseshoe Tavern..the Longshot played there too) and they were all super kind and put on a great show. Was excited for them to have that opportunity. 

54 minutes ago, MarriedtoMikeDirnt said:

Do you really hate FOB that much? Damn.

I was totally psyched for Hella Mega, but I guess I'm glad that it's postponed (if not cancelled). Now I can get my money back and see them on the next tour!

It’s not about hating FOB, I just think this is a shitty tour.

1 hour ago, Beerjeezus said:

I made a promise to myself I would never see another concert at a stadium because they’re too damn big and there are no good seats. Green Day forced me to break that promise but for that reason alone I was never happy about the tour. I missed the warmup shows they did in 2016 and was hoping to catch another run of those before the next arena tour but instead they went bigger. I think if you ask most fans, they would prefer them to go smaller not bigger. Billie’s comments about “more effective touring” made me nervous when he said it in conjunction with the HM announcement.  

28 minutes ago, The Grohl said:

I still think that's wishful thinking. Honestly in the US it feels like were trying to speed up the recovery process because we have a vaccine out. Where I am, we got put into tier 2 meaning in door dining can resume and such and I think it's a terrible idea. We did something like that last year and numbers spiked. I just don't see concerts happening this year either. I would love to be wrong about that, but right now I just don't see it.

My husband was saying even if the show goes off he would not be comfortable attending with a crowd that size. And he’s been vaccinated.  How will other people feel not knowing who may be infectious around you?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I made a promise to myself I would never see another concert at a stadium because they’re too damn big and there are no good seats. Green Day forced me to break that promise but for that reason alone I was never happy about the tour. I missed the warmup shows they did in 2016 and was hoping to catch another run of those before the next arena tour but instead they went bigger. I think if you ask most fans, they would prefer them to go smaller not bigger. Billie’s comments about “more effective touring” made me nervous when he said it in conjunction with the HM announcement.  

My husband was saying even if the show goes off he would not be comfortable attending with a crowd that size. And he’s been vaccinated.  How will other people feel not knowing who may be infectious around you?

Same. I was hoping to see them in a smaller venue or an arena. The warm up shows they used to do before every tour was something I always wanted to see and it seems they’re popular among fans. For the same reason there was a lot of excitement about The Longshot. Billie’s talking about effective touring might say a lot about the future or not at all. He clearly seems to enjoy playing small venues so this might be something he said to push the notion that HM is a good idea, but it’s not indicative of any long term plans. Or it’s possible that they simply can’t pull off playing so many shows anymore and this is how they chose to adapt.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, GuitarPunk94 said:

i dont know how it works for the US, but in germany (europe) show/festivals promoters/organizers cant say sth like "ya, not gonna happen obviously" because of their insurance contracts, they have to go on as if all of this will happen, they have to wait for the officials / politicians to cancel big events like this, then they can cancel it and get their insurance money

if the organizers cancel shows/festivals now, before there is a official cancellation by the politicians, they wont get full insurance money

4 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

damn :(

I mean, he could've just said "no comment" though.

4 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

I've got nothing against them or Weezer and they'd probably be way more fun to see than most of the acts that have opened for GD here. I don't mind seeing GD in a huge place either because when I did that before it was awesome. I literally just don't want to stand up for that long before I can see GD lol.

Also Rivers Cuomo is VERY optimistic.

• Like 4

Green Day still haven’t made any official statement themselves about the cancellation of the Asia tour have they? We know it’s been canceled from news articles and ticket providers info, but Green Day have been so MIA lately on socials they still haven’t said anything to fans.  

Not sure what they’ll say if anything when Europe gets canceled.  The President just announced that we won’t have enough vaccine for all Americans who want it until late summer at the earliest so I can’t see summer concerts happening here either.  

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Green Day still haven’t made any official statement themselves about the cancellation of the Asia tour have they? We know it’s been canceled from news articles and ticket providers info, but Green Day have been so MIA lately on socials they still haven’t said anything to fans.  

Yeah and it sucks. It looks like they don't care about the tour at all :ermm:

It’s all so weird because first they got together with Crush and now everything sucks and the band doesn’t look very into it either.

• Like 1

• AlissaGoesRAWR changed the title to Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy