Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy

Sanity Loan

9 hours ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

@Laura! worked so hard to get us those pit tickets too. Darn. But I’m guessing it’ll go the same way for the whole thing. :( 

I’m so bummed. There’s no way they’re going to allow a full stadium of people this summer.

I wonder if they’re going to try a third time or just scrap the whole Hella Mega idea.

yep, guess the whole thing will be cancelled in the end

so sad

i really hope to see them in 2022 atleast

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Laura! said:

I’m so bummed. There’s no way they’re going to allow a full stadium of people this summer.

I wonder if they’re going to try a third time or just scrap the whole Hella Mega idea.

I'm guessing so. I think smaller venues may be able to get away with shows (New Found Glory and Simple Plan said this week that they're already lining up dates for their rescheduled tours where they're able to do them) but bigger shows just aren't going to be realistic.

Hell, if I'm able to just make it to a baseball game of some kind this year, I'll be happy. :( 

• Like 2

Just now, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Hell, if I'm able to just make it to a baseball game of some kind this year, I'll be happy.

Yeah exactly. I would love to go to a sport event with a vaccination proof this year. Instead of 22k people it can be only 6k I don't care.

I don’t know if this is a hard and fast rule but someone on Facebook said that bands can only reschedule a show once and after that they have to cancel. So expect outright cancellation of the whole tour.  It could be a while before they decide their next move.  Another album? New tour?  Different bands?

A Network tour in Fall 2021 would be awesome they could do small venues. Not sure if they still want to be doing that by then though or move on. Damn I just want a Network tour and they could play FOAM tracks that fit like FBHT and Longshot did with the Trilogy.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Yeah exactly. I would love to go to a sport event with a vaccination proof this year. Instead of 22k people it can be only 6k I don't care.

This is the last year I'll be able to see the Indians, my favorite team, so I have to go at least once! (No word on what they'll be called going forward yet but they're not doing the "Cleveland Baseball Team" thing like Washington.)

7 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I don’t know if this is a hard and fast rule but someone on Facebook said that bands can only reschedule a show once and after that they have to cancel. So expect outright cancellation of the whole tour.

Who decides that? The music gods? :lol: 

8 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

This is the last year I'll be able to see the Indians, my favorite team, so I have to go at least once! (No word on what they'll be called going forward yet but they're not doing the "Cleveland Baseball Team" thing like Washington.)

Brandon and I wanted to make a trip up to see them as the Indians one last time.

I suppose GD did the right thing in moving the dates to 2021 as they had to take that chance that the gigs might happen this year, but it sucks that we're going to be left disappointed again. I hope they can do a small venue tour this fall and hopefully play some of the FOAM songs like TTMAC that haven't been played live yet.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Yes, otherwise known as insurance companies, banks and promoters 😄

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Yes, otherwise known as insurance companies, banks and promoters 😄

I guess it must be a very common clause of contracts or something? Just seems crazy that some sort of blanket policy would apply across the board. 

Regardless, it's probably the best call, as much as it'll kill me to lose my pit ticket.

I guess it makes sense because no company would want to keep dealing with a band that keeps putting away the concert indefinitely while they can't get their investment back :P

• Like 1

I forgot the album came with a pre-sale code :lol: I think I gave mine away because I wasn't going.

I'm not surprised, but still kinda sad :cry: Small venues tour sounds great, but would work only in the US :ermm:

• Sad 1

It sucks that they wont be able to play this year either.

But from a completley selfish standpoint I am relieved as I will be too poor to attend anything this year.

1 hour ago, Clockwise said:

They should really do a Hella Mega livestream as a consolation.

The Fratellis did a free livestream concert for their fans after they had to cancel their rescheduled US tour. I agree this would be an awesome thing to do.

• Like 2
  • Surprised 1

3 hours ago, Clockwise said:

They should really do a Hella Mega livestream as a consolation.

This!!!

Foo Fighters and Billie Elish did livestreams as well (but these were paid)

12 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Another album? New tour?  Different bands?

Hopefully they look at this like another C&Vs and start fresh on something new.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, michael1989 said:

Hopefully they look at this like another C&Vs and start fresh on something new.

And awesome!

I am surprised there has been no announcement from GD about the Asian dates.  If I remember rightly, last year the promoter was about a day ahead of the band but so far they have made no comment at all which seems a little odd.  Maybe they are waiting for confirmation of something before making the announcement?

3 hours ago, jengd said:

I am surprised there has been no announcement from GD about the Asian dates.  If I remember rightly, last year the promoter was about a day ahead of the band but so far they have made no comment at all which seems a little odd.  Maybe they are waiting for confirmation of something before making the announcement?

The band have been pretty silent on IG in general so it’s weird on many levels. The Network promo got pulled so abruptly you would think SnooAnon was under FBI investigation or something 🙁

• Haha 4

On 1/15/2021 at 5:18 PM, pacejunkie punk said:

I don’t know if this is a hard and fast rule but someone on Facebook said that bands can only reschedule a show once and after that they have to cancel. So expect outright cancellation of the whole tour.  It could be a while before they decide their next move.  Another album? New tour?  Different bands?

A Network tour in Fall 2021 would be awesome they could do small venues. Not sure if they still want to be doing that by then though or move on. Damn I just want a Network tour and they could play FOAM tracks that fit like FBHT and Longshot did with the Trilogy.

Go back in the studio and we’ll all pretend FOAM never happened

• Like 1

• AlissaGoesRAWR changed the title to Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy