Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy

Sanity Loan

1 minute ago, The Grohl said:

I dream of concerts where the main band just opens their own show. No disrespect to opening bands, but most of the time I'm not interested :lol: It's even worse on these "package" tours. That's a trend that needs to die already.

One or two bands is plenty.  Even if it's multiple good bands, it's rough being there for so many hours.  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, That Dude said:

One or two bands is plenty.  Even if it's multiple good bands, it's rough being there for so many hours.  

One is enough for me. I don't think I've been to a single show where I enjoyed all bands on the bill. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, The Grohl said:

One is enough for me. I don't think I've been to a single show where I enjoyed all bands on the bill. 

And it’s weird when the opener is better than the headliner!

• Haha 2

Not a fan of concerts where there's more than two acts. I'm still hoping that HM can happen either next year or 2022, but hoping there isn't a support act and concerned about the length of time to change the sets.

3 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

What if FOB is replaced by The Network and Weezer by Foxboro Hot Tubs and the third band by The Longshot? :woot:

Now you’re talking :yay:

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

What if FOB is replaced by The Network and Weezer by Foxboro Hot Tubs and the third band by The Longshot? :woot:

Sign me up! 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

25 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

NO! Hella Mega is the best tour ever. Even Pop Disaster wasn't that good. The Interrupters, Weezer, FOB and Green Day. LET'S GO!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Someone suggested something like that on IG one time and Billie responded, “I would die” 😂

:lol: understandable

• Like 2

I mean, Billie has always said he wants to die on stage. :lol:

If we're technically speaking, a person can be medically dead for awhile and come back to life. I've been trained multiple times in CPR, just sayin'. I got you, Billie, if you want to go for it. ;)

• Love 1

They did do a full nearly 3 hour Green Day arena show and then a two hour FBHT show in one night once. Honestly just that they did it one time is impressive enough!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Totally agree, and The Network opened for Green Day but I’m sure in both cases that was more than enough, must have been exhausting.  One show in that red suit would be bad enough 😉

• Like 2

If they did little "sets" like 4 or 5 songs from each (maybe do closer to 10 for Green Day)

I saw John Mayer a few years back, and he had a full band set up open the show, did a little acoustic set, then did his John Mayer Trio blues set, and finished with the full band again. It was like seeing 4 different acts / set ups.

26 minutes ago, Freezing Melons said:

If they did little "sets" like 4 or 5 songs from each (maybe do closer to 10 for Green Day)

I saw John Mayer a few years back, and he had a full band set up open the show, did a little acoustic set, then did his John Mayer Trio blues set, and finished with the full band again. It was like seeing 4 different acts / set ups.

They did something similar to that for Tre’s birthday at the Tiki Bar last year it was like Transformers to see them go from Coverups to Longshot to FBHT to Green Day switching players around.

• Like 3

All I ask of Green Day is just have one opening band. Like on the Revrad tour. That was perfect! And Dogparty was pretty good! I'm so sick of these tours with 2 or more opening bands. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, The Grohl said:

All I ask of Green Day is just have one opening band. Like on the Revrad tour. That was perfect! And Dogparty was pretty good! I'm so sick of these tours with 2 or more opening bands. 

OMG thank you! One opener is plenty. Anymore than that and it's just a waste of time. People pay to see Green Day. Not whoever is opening for them. Why draw it out even more with multiple bands?? 🙄

• Like 4

19 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

They did something similar to that for Tre’s birthday at the Tiki Bar last year it was like Transformers to see them go from Coverups to Longshot to FBHT to Green Day switching players around.

I remember seeing there was a livestream before I went to bed, then waking up at 10, looking at my phone and seeing the livestream was still going. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Slave To The Network said:

OMG thank you! One opener is plenty. Anymore than that and it's just a waste of time. People pay to see Green Day. Not whoever is opening for them. Why draw it out even more with multiple bands?? 🙄

In one of the brazilian shows in 2017, in the city of Porto Alegre, there is a local law that say that all the international shows must have a local opening band, so, besides The Interrupters, which is a fantastic band, we got an extra show... Porto Alegre has a great and locally famous Punk Rock band, that have already done a whole tour along with Marky Ramone, but the local producers chosen a band that has nothing to do with punk rock to add to the bill... terrible choice  

Yes, having one band to open for them is enough. Like during RevRad with Against Me! or in 2009 with AFI or even All Time Low during the trilogy tour (i think it was only in europe tho).
But it's not the same when you have 3 MAJOR BANDS. God even The Interrupters are umbelievable.
Honestly I paid those tickets to HM for Green Day but I love as fuck the 3 bands before the big name. That's why this tour was like the fucking perfect tour for me. Everything was there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Yes, having one band to open for them is enough. Like during RevRad with Against Me! or in 2009 with AFI or even All Time Low during the trilogy tour (i think it was only in europe tho).
But it's not the same when you have 3 MAJOR BANDS. God even The Interrupters are umbelievable.
Honestly I paid those tickets to HM for Green Day but I love as fuck the 3 bands before the big name. That's why this tour was like the fucking perfect tour for me. Everything was there.

Yea it kind of creates a semi-festival vibe which is kind of cool. The first time I saw blink, Taking Back Sunday & Weezer opened. I think I was 14, but my friends and I spent the whole day hanging around the amphitheatre watching all the bands doing all the activations. I'm all for it.

22 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

the thing that scarys me the most is wonder how much time on stage each band will have. All the three bands are huge acts, I know that GD is the headliner, but I doubt they will play a 2 and a half hours set, and with this, they will probably stuck into the hits every night

• Like 2

• AlissaGoesRAWR changed the title to Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy