Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy

Sanity Loan

4 minutes ago, Kaddi. said:

I've been trying to buy tickets for Copenhagen, but there are not seats? I wonder whether there will be once the regular pre-sale starts of if it's really a show without any seats. I think I will just wait for another two days. Plus, almost 100€ for one ticket is outrageous.

No, it’s a standing only concert hall, no seats will ever be available. And unfortunately that’s actually relatively cheap for concert tickets in Denmark. I saw Liam Gallagher and other acts last year in the same venue and the price was more or less identical. 

1 minute ago, HAPPY ROOTING UNICORN said:

No, it’s a standing only concert hall, no seats will ever be available. And unfortunately that’s actually relatively cheap for concert tickets in Denmark.

Thanks for the information on the standing, that's helpful! I guess it's standing or not going at all then.

Yeah, I know prices in Denmark are crazy, but I didn't expect it to be this bad. Oh, well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kaddi. said:

Thanks for the information on the standing, that's helpful! I guess it's standing or not going at all then.

Yeah, I know prices in Denmark are crazy, but I didn't expect it to be this bad. Oh, well.

Sometimes what they do is to move the concert to a bigger arena if it gets sold-out soon enough, that might be the only chance to have a seat. Considering the circumstances tho, I don’t see that happening anyway, even if it’s gonna be sold-out. Too big of a risk. 

1 hour ago, HAPPY ROOTING UNICORN said:

Sometimes what they do is to move the concert to a bigger arena if it gets sold-out soon enough, that might be the only chance to have a seat. Considering the circumstances tho, I don’t see that happening anyway, even if it’s gonna be sold-out. Too big of a risk. 

Yeah, I don't think that's gonna happen. If it even takes place at that date at all. Anyway, I decided to buy standing tickets now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HAPPY ROOTING UNICORN said:

How big is this venue? I wonder if they are testing the waters to see how interested people are in buying concert tickets right now.

50 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

How big is this venue? I wonder if they are testing the waters to see how interested people are in buying concert tickets right now.

Depends on the setup, but max 10 thousands. Usually less because there’s often an area dedicated to bars/shops/wardrobes that is cut out. 

5 hours ago, HAPPY ROOTING UNICORN said:

Depends on the setup, but max 10 thousands. Usually less because there’s often an area dedicated to bars/shops/wardrobes that is cut out. 

I know Europe is doing much better but we still have neither a vaccine nor herd immunity.  Can you imagine screaming and shouting with 10,000 people in an indoor venue right now?  It's gonna be hard to get over this corona mindset.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I know Europe is doing much better but we still have neither a vaccine nor herd immunity.  Can you imagine screaming and shouting with 10,000 people in an indoor venue right now?  It's gonna be hard to get over this corona mindset.  

Yeah, of course if the situation will not change (aka we will not have a widely available vaccine by then) this concert as any other event will not happen. Denmark still bans any event above a certain amount of people (I think 500) at the moment. 
Buying these tickets is currently just a leap of faith. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

thats why imo concert/festival shows wont happen until (summer) 2022

• Sad 1

52 minutes ago, GuitarPunk94 said:

thats why imo concert/festival shows wont happen until (summer) 2022

I went to a gig last month and it was outside. First of all, it's not even comparable with a Green Day one  😂 but I think it would be better being outside rather than indoor 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/26/2020 at 9:45 PM, pacejunkie punk said:

Yeah I don't really see myself in a venue with 10.000 people right now either. I also don't think it's gonna happen, but we're just gonna have to wait and see whether it's gonna be postponed again or whether there will be other concepts (outdoors, seats only, etc.)

Denmark just lowered the number of people for events from 100 to 50 in Copenhagen.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Thatsername said:

Just imagine how weird it'll feel to be in a crowd with 10,000+ people one day, now that we're all so used to social distancing and not hugging even your closest friends or parents. It'll be kind of claustrophobic, but I can't wait for it. Probably not next year tho😭 I think it's very likely that they will have to postpone the tour again, I don't think they will go ahead with it with Corona restrictions. I just can't imagine a socially distanced Green Day show, it's an oxymoron.

Yeah, that wouldn't make any sense. Can't socially distance in a mosh pit LOL. 

Ohio's governor just approved crowds of 6,000 at four professional football games this year (nearly 70,000-person capacity arenas, 2 for Cleveland, 2 for Cincinnati). I don't understand why we can't do the same for concerts? Sure, it would be weird to be so spread out in a large venue. But I wish this country worshiped anything the way it worships football. Even if nobody wants to do it because it wouldn't be profitable, at least give performers the same option. (Meanwhile, the Indians are still capped at 1,500 if they wanted to bring in fans, even though if baseball got the same special treatment as football, percentage-wise, their crowd would be 2,800.)

I have to wonder if, at some point, we decide as a society that we won't wait around for a vaccine and we just start to ease restrictions before people give up entirely.

It's already happening here. I went to the zoo on Saturday and social distancing just was not a thing. There were crowds everywhere huddling at exhibits. It felt like a mini mosh pit. Maybe half of people were wearing masks. Nobody was enforcing it. The same is true for smaller businesses, especially in the more rural areas of the state. People just don't give a shit. And, comparatively to the rest of the country, Ohio's case numbers and test positivity rates aren't that bad.

If a vaccine doesn't come by spring — since everyone thinks once 2021 comes, everything is going to magically be better just because of a new year — I imagine this isn't going to be very sustainable in the long-term.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

The whole sports thing is so frustrating. I don't understand why we can't have anything this year - no concerts, no weddings, no graduation, no dances etc. - but thank Christ we have sports....what?! And how good is that working out? More and more players are getting infected and instead of saying hey...maybe opening up sports was a bad idea, nah they just sit out. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, The Grohl said:

The whole sports thing is so frustrating. I don't understand why we can't have anything this year - no concerts, no weddings, no graduation, no dances etc. - but thank Christ we have sports....what?! And how good is that working out? More and more players are getting infected and instead of saying hey...maybe opening up sports was a bad idea, nah they just sit out. 

It's really laughable how everyone here just assumed football would be exempt from the effects of COVID-19 because it's a holy deity. When colleges started cancelling seasons, there was more reaction than anything affected that will have more detrimental, long-term effects on people.

But, I guess they were right and I was wrong, because here we are, with the Browns bringing in a crowd on Sunday. :confused:

1 hour ago, The Grohl said:

Sports are doing very well. NBA bubble worked perfectly. NFL has less than 5 cases I think. Mob struggled at first but is fine now. NHL is fine too. Where there is money, there is safety.

16 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Sports are doing very well. NBA bubble worked perfectly. NFL has less than 5 cases I think. Mob struggled at first but is fine now. NHL is fine too. Where there is money, there is safety.

NHL - complete closed bubble. Nobody enters without isolating for a week and giving 4 negative tests. Everyone within that bubble is tested daily (refs, all team members (players, trainers, office, equipment managers). Most notable: Zero fans in the arena. Media is also not present at either bubble location.

MLB - again no fans in the ball parks

NFL - hasn't even begun their season, so I'd hold off on judgement.

Nascar - has had some races with fans recently. I have not heard of any outbreaks associated with fan attendance - they are spaced out and attendance is very limited. There have been a few drivers who have tested positive - but all have been mild or asymptomatic. 

It just seems silly to me to do all this with zero fans in attendance. Then again I'm not a sports fan so maybe there something I'm not getting.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, The Grohl said:

It just seems silly to me to do all this with zero fans in attendance. Then again I'm not a sports fan so maybe there something I'm not getting.

I will say, it feels great to watch baseball again. But I would've totally understood if they didn't do the season at all. I'm a sports fan and I still don't get it, especially the viewpoint that football shouldn't be touched.

• Like 1

BOBD just came on the radio today and honestly I’m getting to the point where I’d sacrifice a limb to see a show; even if it was just the stupid setlist full of repetitive singles we always used to complain about. :cry: 

• Like 3

• AlissaGoesRAWR changed the title to Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy