Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy

Sanity Loan

44 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I wonder why they were able to reschedule the rest of the tour to 2021 but not these dates?

29 minutes ago, simoro1 said:

Probably didn’t sell enough tickets to begin with. Makes sense given the pandemic was really starting to take off when the Aus and NZ dates went on sale.

Hopefully GD will do a solo tour here instead.

Indeed, this is the second time where I was gonna work a green day concert as a security guard but for uncontrollable reasons ended up not.  Both times I booked to see green day in a different city because of this.  Haha 😄😞

• Haha 1

Guess this was inevitable. Even if NZ is free of the virus by then the borders might still be closed, especially to Americans. Hope the silver lining will be a solo tour.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Beerjeezus said:

Australia now possibly got super lucky if these dates get replaced by a solo tour.

😂 Sometime I feel like you hate the idea of the Hella Mega

• Haha 1

Maybe if Americans get banned from traveling everywhere we can keep Hella Mega all to ourselves! :mad:

54 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Maybe if Americans get banned from traveling everywhere we can keep Hella Mega all to ourselves! :mad:

yes, please

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I feel bad for the ZW/Australian openers "The Beths".

Their debut album "Future Me Hates Me" was one of my favourites in 2018 - this was going to be huge for them. Go check em out on Spotify - solid angsty power pop!

• Like 1

I'm more than willing to share the Hella Mega experience with our global friends. 

(Because I still hate HM)

I’d never guess I’ll live long enough to see Billie get banned from playing with shitty bands by the government but apparently here we go. :lol:

• Haha 4

Honestly, I feel like we're all going to get NiFi'd eventually.  =/  Shit's going nowhere but up here right now. Concerts are so far away.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

It's a shame that the Aus concerts got cancelled, not even postponed.. just cancelled. It might honestly be a blessing in disguise though because I really need to work on paying off my debts and I hope to have that done by the end of the year.

Hopefully we get a better tour out of this (Maybe even a better album) but at the end of the day I would just be thankful at a chance to see GD play again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Honestly, I feel like we're all going to get NiFi'd eventually.  =/  Shit's going nowhere but up here right now. Concerts are so far away.

I’m wondering what happens to the industry if concerts can’t kick in next year. However I suppose tours might be possible next year at least in some parts of the world and travel restrictions might be lifted for people who are travelling to work.

One thing that remains a problem is that coronavirus is going to make touring extremely precarious, because if anyone involved gets sick, it will be over - and I doubt it’s possible to get insured for quarantine-related cancellations.

3 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

I’m wondering what happens to the industry if concerts can’t kick in next year. However I suppose tours might be possible next year at least in some parts of the world and travel restrictions might be lifted for people who are travelling to work.

One thing that remains a problem is that coronavirus is going to make touring extremely precarious, because if anyone involved gets sick, it will be over - and I doubt it’s possible to get insured for quarantine-related cancellations.

Maybe we will have concert next year, but Billie ain't gonna put fans on stage :(

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

14 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Maybe we will have concert next year, but Billie ain't gonna put fans on stage :(

That was one thing I noticed that was different about the last album release party. Unlike the one for RevRad they didn’t bring anyone onstage. Now that I think about it, did they do it at Madrid or Seville either?  I know it wasn’t for that reason but it still added to the feeling of detachment that the release party show had. If they stop doing this for the next tour it will really change the whole vibe and nature of their shows.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

That was one thing I noticed that was different about the last album release party. Unlike the one for RevRad they didn’t bring anyone onstage. Now that I think about it, did they do it at Madrid or Seville either?  I know it wasn’t for that reason but it still added to the feeling of detachment that the release party show had. If they stop doing this for the next tour it will really change the whole vibe and nature of their shows.

They did in Seville, I don't know about Madrid 

• Like 1

This should be in the unpopular opinions thread I‘m sure but I wouldn’t mind if they stopped pulling folk on stage.  Yes, I would love it to be me and am sure it’s been awesome for those Billie chose but it can take a long time and they usually are pretty awful.  Given us some great pics though 😉😉

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

I guess that’s a given that he’s going to stop with this for a while. Even though I’d love to play guitar with them I get that he can’t risk catching corona. :( At least we’ll have a show.

if the infections wont jump up again austria will allow indoor shows with 5.000 people and outdoor shows with 10.000 people, starting 1st september (ofc with restrictions, seatings, etc)

5 hours ago, jengd said:

This should be in the unpopular opinions thread I‘m sure but I wouldn’t mind if they stopped pulling folk on stage.  Yes, I would love it to be me and am sure it’s been awesome for those Billie chose but it can take a long time and they usually are pretty awful.  Given us some great pics though 😉😉

I've had that thought! I don't think they'll ever stop doing it permanently (with coronavirus yes if course). I can't remember which show it was where I actually saw the band perform Longview just as the themselves and it was amazing! I completely understand why they do it though and it makes a fans' night being invited up on stage

• Like 2

7 hours ago, jengd said:

Okay, I actually agree with this! I get it, it's a super cool moment and it's such an amazing way to connect with the fans. But at the end of the day, I paid to see Green Day. I want to see Green Day, not someone else performing Longview. I've seen them pull up someone enough where I don't really need to see it again :lol: Plus, they'll never pull me up there since I'm rarely near the stage anyway.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Nifi is like “the game”. I can go a long time without thinking about it and then as soon as I remember I’m pissed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, The Grohl said:

Okay, I actually agree with this! I get it, it's a super cool moment and it's such an amazing way to connect with the fans. But at the end of the day, I paid to see Green Day. I want to see Green Day, not someone else performing Longview. I've seen them pull up someone enough where I don't really need to see it again :lol: Plus, they'll never pull me up there since I'm rarely near the stage anyway.

I have to disagree with you guys, it's one of my favorite moments of the show. It's only a little bit you still see green day play most of the show! And it makes someones day :)

• Like 4

As a guy who is always at the front row for Green Day shows, I really want this thing to stay.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Grohl said:

I think as well because these days there are a lot of people front row at multiple shows they end up getting on stage more than once. I know at least two people who have two guitars from Billie which doesn't seem fair (not Billie's fault because he sees thousands of people each night). 

I don't know how true it is but I was told there's a girl in the US who changes her hair colour and style for every show and has been pulled up 8 times! Give someone else a chance! 

Back on topic I'm not surprised about the NZ/Australia cancellations really. The way the numbers are growing of people with this virus who knows if the tour will get the green light at some point 

• Like 2

• AlissaGoesRAWR changed the title to Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy