Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy

Sanity Loan

I'm probably going to refund my Pittsburgh tickets since the date now falls on a weekday as opposed to the weekend, which was a big factor in me going as my friend would have been off for a couple of days. I'll have to double check with him though.

I guess I'll purchase a ticket for Philly in the near future, and then look at attending either Toronto or Chicago. Maybe NY.

• Like 1

Got a refund on my tickets, now just hoping maybe sometime next year before they go out on tour we can get some shows here in the Bay Area, if the virus lets us!  If not, then will wait for a concert again with just Green Day. Fingers crossed they will tour again sometime in 2022 by themselves

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Paola17 said:

I'm probably going to refund my Pittsburgh tickets since the date now falls on a weekday as opposed to the weekend, which was a big factor in me going as my friend would have been off for a couple of days. I'll have to double check with him though.

I guess I'll purchase a ticket for Philly in the near future, and then look at attending either Toronto or Chicago. Maybe NY.

If you want a pit ticket for Philly at some point let me know. No rush.

16 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

If you want a pit ticket for Philly at some point let me know. No rush.

Thanks for the offer!

I’m probably going for seats though. My roommates have expressed interest in going, and there are some single ticket $60 seats in the lower levels that are close enough to each other (works out if I end up going alone too).

It would also help me fund my second show 😅

• Like 2

Glad I got a refund for the July show next year in San Francisco. 

Just read the here in California we will not be moving into or phase 4 til probably after vaccine in about 12-14 months.

That means no concerts, festivals they said.

"In fact, all that's left to reopen are the businesses in Phase 4: concerts, festivals, conventions and sports with a live audience. What needs to happen before California moves into the next stage of reopening?"

"All three medical experts we asked put it plain and simple: You shouldn't expect to attend a concert or a big festival until we have a coronavirus vaccine."

• Sad 3

Even a vaccine might not be enough. This may turn into a yearly thing like influenza, with new strains every year. Hopefully a vaccine will help reduce the death rate but this could dramatically change our lifestyles given how much worse than the flu this is. Thanks China.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

That's weird. They really need that money?

🤷‍♀️ Pro sports teams got PPP money as well. 

Poor them. I would love to have rich problems too.
I can understand Nickelback to have the PPP. But GD and Guns?

Honestly it’s not that shocking that a relatively big company like GD’s management (or whatever is the legal entity responsible for the tour) is elegible for PPP. It’s small businesses that fall short of the requirements, both in the US and here. I wonder if it has anything to do with both countries having a corrupt businessman leading the government.

When they rely on touring dollars to pay their staff, I'm not surprised they got it. They will have to pay it back eventually. Even that lovely little "stimulus check" that a large portion of the US got will be paying that back, whether it's on our 2021 taxes or later.

• Like 3

I guess I’m the OG GDC commie here and I have to agree. Green Day personally may be rich, but they’re just well-paid employees of Warner, it’s not like they run a sweatshop. 

• Like 3

Twenty One Pilots also got one. I was going through the Small Business Administration data and cracked up when I saw "Twenty One Pilots LLC" on the list. (They're from Ohio.) :lol: 

• Haha 1

Just received my refund back on my card!  Now to see if this tour  happens, but I am waiting for a solo Green Day concert, fingers crossed they just do one of their own in 2022 or maybe if California does allow large concerts by next summer, the tickets will be cheap and I might think about going, but getting better seats.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, GreenDayItaly said:

I just saw this on instagram, knew it was probably inevitable like Thanos but still 😭😭😭

• Sad 1

I wonder why they were able to reschedule the rest of the tour to 2021 but not these dates?

13 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I wonder why they were able to reschedule the rest of the tour to 2021 but not these dates?

Probably didn’t sell enough tickets to begin with. Makes sense given the pandemic was really starting to take off when the Aus and NZ dates went on sale.

Hopefully GD will do a solo tour here instead.

18 minutes ago, simoro1 said:

Probably didn’t sell enough tickets to begin with. Makes sense given the pandemic was really starting to take off when the Aus and NZ dates went on sale.

Hopefully GD will do a solo tour here instead.

That and the cost of bringing the tour there may have been prohibitive because the tour’s potential profits now have to have been affected by all this. 

• AlissaGoesRAWR changed the title to Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy