Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy

Sanity Loan

2 minutes ago, Squashie said:

Welp, it’s official. I’m refunding the 4 that I purchased for Wrigley Field (Chicago). 1 person that was going with me is considered in the high risk category for COVID and another is currently jobless. I also think it will difficult to sell any event ticket for something a year out with all the uncertainty.

If things change for the better in the next 9 months, hopefully we can rebuy so my sister and I can go, if any are available.

I’m very sad. This was going to be such a great show. We were so excited about seeing the interrupters live and of course GD. I know this is a small little blip in the world of what’s going on, but it was a glimmer of hope on my calendar. Something to look forward to. 

this calls for a strong drink. Thank god it’s a holiday weekend in the US... 

I’m so sorry. It’s so hard to know where we’ll all be in a year but hopefully things will improve to the point where you can buy tickets again and still go at the last minute.  I plan on waiting until next summer to sell my extra ticket I’m sure a lot of people will be doing that.  There will be plenty available. Most shows weren’t selling out even before this.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Squashie said:

Welp, it’s official. I’m refunding the 4 that I purchased for Wrigley Field (Chicago). 1 person that was going with me is considered in the high risk category for COVID and another is currently jobless. I also think it will difficult to sell any event ticket for something a year out with all the uncertainty.

If things change for the better in the next 9 months, hopefully we can rebuy so my sister and I can go, if any are available.

I’m very sad. This was going to be such a great show. We were so excited about seeing the interrupters live and of course GD. I know this is a small little blip in the world of what’s going on, but it was a glimmer of hope on my calendar. Something to look forward to. 

Sorry to hear you'll be selling.  But selfishly, are they pit or seat tickets?

10 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I’m so sorry. It’s so hard to know where we’ll all be in a year but hopefully things will improve to the point where you can buy tickets again and still go at the last minute.  I plan on waiting until next summer to sell my extra ticket I’m sure a lot of people will be doing that.  There will be plenty available. Most shows weren’t selling out even before this.

Wrigley was considered sold out. But who knows. 

2 minutes ago, lizziebix said:

Sorry to hear you'll be selling.  But selfishly, are they pit or seat tickets?

Seat tickets. Behind home plate. 

51 minutes ago, Squashie said:

That really stinks. And you were coming to Chicago? That would've been a perfect time to do a meet up 😢

7 minutes ago, The Grohl said:

That really stinks. And you were coming to Chicago? That would've been a perfect time to do a meet up 😢

Yep. It would have been. I hope to meet some of my fellow fangirl thread homies some day. 

• Like 1

Not sure if  I am going to the rescheduled date.  Not really looking forward to seeing the other bands and parking is a bitch there. I think I will just get the refund.

• Like 1

I think I’m getting the refund. I still very genuinely dislike this album and on top of that, I’m not even confident the US will be in a place in summer 2021 to be holding concerts that I’ll feel comfortable at. I hope so, but it’s not looking good at the moment, is it?

I spent close to $600 on these tickets so I feel like it just makes more sense to get that money back. 

• Like 2

It wasn't for the US dates but I've taken the refund for the two dates I had booked. I was never big on the whole Hella Mega idea anyway and without a vaccine for this damn virus I couldn't risk going due to my health. 

I hope for everyone else Hella Mega can finally go ahead as planned for next year

• Like 1

Fortunately I can still go to my date as planned. Live relatively close to the venue I’m headed to.

Am so sorry for everybody who this just isn’t working for.  Am also worried, given the general state of economies everywhere that all these big shows will go ahead, I can see a whole lot of refunds being given but as already said, who knows where we will be in a year!

• Like 4

I got an email with the official rescheduled date today. It will be July 14th 2021. There's also an option to get the tickets refunded, but I'm not sure if I want to or not. It was such a nightmare to get them in the first place. Maybe I'll sell the second ticket next year when we are hopefully out of the woods for COVID-19.

18 hours ago, Montclare said:

Wrigley ones are through MLB's site though, not Ticketmaster. But yeah, just a matter of checking and luck.

Ahh, I forgot about that. Those websites were really bad. I almost went to Boston but that website looked straight outta 1997. No way I was getting pit tickets. :P 

15 hours ago, stories and songs said:

I think I’m getting the refund. I still very genuinely dislike this album and on top of that, I’m not even confident the US will be in a place in summer 2021 to be holding concerts that I’ll feel comfortable at. I hope so, but it’s not looking good at the moment, is it?

I spent close to $600 on these tickets so I feel like it just makes more sense to get that money back. 

I have to admit I’m surprised they’ve announced the rescheduled dates so quickly. Even other big name acts like Bieber, Post Malone and Billie Eilish have yet to release any new dates for their Tours because I think everyone is still uncertain about what state we’ll be in by next year. 

Lots of tours are being announced for next year right now, so I figured Green Day would be next, especially since Hella Mega was one of the bigger tours for 2020.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Grohl said:

Lots of tours are being announced for next year right now, so I figured Green Day would be next, especially since Hella Mega was one of the bigger tours for 2020.

Yeah, I mean I’m not complaining since my rescheduled date isn’t much different from the previous one. 

My Sad Summer Festival date was also moved to a Tuesday in July. Woo, Tuesdays! :P  

The Toronto date is also on a Tuesday. The timing will be a little odd to plan time off work but I'll make it happen. :P 

10 minutes ago, Lindsay said:

The Toronto date is also on a Tuesday. The timing will be a little odd to plan time off work but I'll make it happen. :P 

It was a Monday this year I think. I'm gonna do the same plan then. I'm taking 3 weeks vacation and I use the week of the 16th to go to Toronto (never been there lol)

Hope you all can make this work. I am feeling really glad now that I DIDN'T buy tickets LOL. I have never been to a Green Day concert and going to one is on my bucket list. I thought this might finally be the year, but as always, money and time constraints got in the way. The closest show to me is at Fenway Park in Boston, and I considered buying tickets for it, but *see above* and the show sold out almost as soon as ticket sales went live. Anyway, several of my students were planning to go to it and had bought tickets, and I hope they can make the new date next year. 

46 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

It was a Monday this year I think. I'm gonna do the same plan then. I'm taking 3 weeks vacation and I use the week of the 16th to go to Toronto (never been there lol)

Yeah, I have been to Toronto but my bf hasn’t so we’re definitely taking a few days for sight seeing and such! It’s obviously still a ways off but I’m thinking we’ll fly in on the Saturday and fly out on Wednesday. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lindsay said:

Yeah, I have been to Toronto but my bf hasn’t so we’re definitely taking a few days for sight seeing and such! It’s obviously still a ways off but I’m thinking we’ll fly in on the Saturday and fly out on Wednesday. 

Go to the Hockey Hall of Fame while you're in Toronto.

• Like 1

Felt good to refund my VIP ticket so now I’ll keep checking and hoping for a pit ticket. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Squashie said:

Go to the Hockey Hall of Fame while you're in Toronto.

Definitely! My bf is a big hockey fan so we’ll be visiting for sure. 

• Love 1

• AlissaGoesRAWR changed the title to Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy