Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy

Sanity Loan

Well our family wedding was just postponed to August 14 of next year now I’m worried that they’ll do the same thing with the Pittsburgh show moving it exactly one year and we’ll still have a conflict. I’m screwed. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Well our family wedding was just postponed to August 14 of next year now I’m worried that they’ll do the same thing with the Pittsburgh show moving it exactly one year and we’ll still have a conflict. I’m screwed. 

I feel those feels. I hope we aren't left waiting too much longer.

• Like 1

On 6/15/2020 at 5:03 AM, Emilie said:

I'm kind of surprised they didn't end up cancelling the Aus tour already. I mean, now the chances are looking better but there was a period in like April/May where it seemed impossible that they'd even be let into the country! Still got my fingers crossed they don't end up postponing

One of the UK newspapers reported today that Australia may not reopen the borders until 2021. I don’t think that’s definite yet but...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

One of the UK newspapers reported today that Australia may not reopen the borders until 2021. I don’t think that’s definite yet but...

That’s probably true. It’ll be down to whether an exception will be made for the band/crew i think. Which is unlikely. 

8 hours ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

it would be better for everyone, i dont see (big) shows happening until we have a vaccine, its sad but imo there is no way around this, even if this means that we all have to wait for festivals/shows until maybe late 2021 or longer

look at new zealand: "we are covid-free, lets open everything, bring the masses!" .. some days later: "new zealand reports new covid-infections"

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, GuitarPunk94 said:ook at new zealand: "we are covid-free, lets open everything, bring the masses!" .. some days later: "new zealand reports new covid-infections"

Living in Nee Zealand I can tell you we are still at alert level 1 no crowd restrictions. 
The covid cases are related directly to some people who travelled from the UK becoming symptomatic. 
Outside of those cases NZ is covid free and give that a couple of weeks of no cases and we will be again.

I am without a doubt that if NZ remains at Alert level 1, from a NZ perspective Hella Mega will happen. 
Although I strongly suspect that the decision will come down to covid restrictions in Australia. 
It is suspected the borders between Australia and NZ will be open by September.

• Like 1

waiting to see when San Francisco will be rescheduled. Hoping they reschedule it in Oakland, but doubt it.  I just wish they would do a show without Weezer and Fall Out Boy, I have no desire to see them.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

I reckon that’ll be accurate. If we open to anyone before 2021 it’ll be NZ and that only if everything keeps improving in both countries 

1 hour ago, Emilie said:

I reckon that’ll be accurate. If we open to anyone before 2021 it’ll be NZ and that only if everything keeps improving in both countries 

Yeah 2021 will be accurate same sort of conversation in NZ.

If Hella Mega were here next month all the bands I believe would be given exemptions to the border rules (economic benefit) subject to 14 days isolation, or setting up that they perform from isolation (No contact within 2 meters of non tour members, masks sanitiser etc on transport).  

However, I doubt the bands would be interested in doing NZ without Australia. So if the concerts were next month I don’t see them happening as Australia still have restrictions on crowd gatherings.

I believe it will be possible for the bands to enter Australia subject to stringent isolation period.  So it may well come to are Green Day willing time spend two weeks in isolation in Australia?

2 weeks isolation might stop touring due to the cost. That's an extra two weeks of hotels etc for the entire crew and bands

12 hours ago, Joe. said:

2 weeks isolation might stop touring due to the cost. That's an extra two weeks of hotels etc for the entire crew and bands

They might be able to come to an arrangement where they isolate at home in America before travelling?

13 hours ago, Joe. said:

It maybe possible to perform in isolation.

For example most of the time the band stays 2 meters away from the audience.   If that’s the case then it maybe possible to do it that way.

Hradec Králové got rescheduled to June 10th... that’s dangerously close to when I’ll be having a presentation for my bachelors’ thesis so if I make it, I’ll be the most overdressed person on the field :lol:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

Hradec Králové got rescheduled to June 10th... that’s dangerously close to when I’ll be having a presentation for my bachelors’ thesis so if I make it, I’ll be the most overdressed person on the field :lol:

Rock that presentation outfit and tie a tie around tour forehead! 🤣🤪

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Squashie said:

Rock that presentation outfit and tie a tie around tour forehead! 🤣🤪

I will! :ga: Then I can take the first morning bus back to uni and three hours later, I’ll be doing another exam in my mud/beer/sweat soaked dress pretending nothing unusual happened last night :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

New US dates are all now posted on the official site.  Not to be picky but I got screwed because the Pittsburgh and Philly shows that were a week apart are now back to back and too hard to make both. Looks like I’ll have a pit ticket to sell for Philly.

(The good news is the new Pittsburgh date no longer conflicts with the wedding so we can make both)

• Like 1

August 17th 2021 Toronto 🤘🤘🤘 see ya there

• Like 2

Atlanta is on a Tuesday! No chance of a wedding that day. :banana:

• Like 2

Just now, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Atlanta is on a Tuesday! No chance of a wedding that day. :banana:

My cousin is getting married on a Monday next June. Thankfully it does not conflict with my Hella Mega date, which is now on a Sunday. Although, with my job having to take some furlough days (thankfully it's not a lot, but still) in the coming year, I think I'm going to have to refund them.

• Sad 2

I wonder how it's going to work with reselling tickets people return. I still need to get pit tickets for Wrigley. I was going to do stubhub, but am going to wait and see if MLB does it on their page first.

😭😭😭

My date is now on a Wednesday.   And during the school year.  Not sure my sis and i can miss 2-3 days of school.  Damn it all, and I splurged for awesome 3rd row seats. 😭

• Sad 2

59 minutes ago, Montclare said:

I wonder how it's going to work with reselling tickets people return. I still need to get pit tickets for Wrigley. I was going to do stubhub, but am going to wait and see if MLB does it on their page first.

Usually on Ticketmaster the refunded seats will go back onto the site. You just have to keep checking back. That's how I got a pit ticket for Detroit's club show on the Rev Rad Tour.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Usually on Ticketmaster the refunded seats will go back onto the site. You just have to keep checking back. That's how I got a pit ticket for Detroit's club show on the Rev Rad Tour.

Wrigley ones are through MLB's site though, not Ticketmaster. But yeah, just a matter of checking and luck.

• AlissaGoesRAWR changed the title to Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy