Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy

Sanity Loan

5 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Restaurants/pubs/cinemas etc in the UK aren't even allowed to open (other than for outdoor stuff) until May 17th at the earliest. I get they want to try stuff out but I highly doubt stadium gigs will be happening the following month.

And even if they “allow” stadium gigs.. there isn’t a single major touring band who would transport equipment over just to do the UK

• Like 3

On 4/3/2021 at 9:42 PM, pacejunkie punk said:

Question is will they say anything. The Asia tour was quietly canceled with no statement from the band.

My cousin worked for the major production company that was going to bring Green Day to the Philippines last March. If I'm not mistaken, it was the 2nd date on the Asia tour. It would have been the first time Green Day played Manila. We were told to refund our tickets late last year.

Last week, Manila underwent it's 2nd wave. The surge saw 15000 new cases & rising.

Edit: For those interested to know, My cousin's job was to provide water bottles for Brendon Urie during shows & make sandwiches for Axl Rose backstage. She loved + hated her job. 😝

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Hermione said:

Restaurants/pubs/cinemas etc in the UK aren't even allowed to open (other than for outdoor stuff) until May 17th at the earliest. I get they want to try stuff out but I highly doubt stadium gigs will be happening the following month.

Just depends if the rescheduled dates are before or after June 21st. 

20 hours ago, purplebenny said:

And even if they “allow” stadium gigs.. there isn’t a single major touring band who would transport equipment over just to do the UK

Yeah that's the issue. There's ways around it, say a couple dates at the MK Bowl or something and then a large gig in Scotland, but I don't think the band can pull in enough fans to make that viable.

I'm so used to hoarding vacation time for concert-related trips that with even the slight possibility of Hella Mega happening, I feel guilty for using any right now in case I'd rather take more time off around the show. Or do something stupid and go see a second show or something. I get why they haven't yet, but I just wish they'd make some type of announcement already! :lol: 

• Like 1

Already took my job vacation from August 16th to September 6th. Still praying for this trip in Toronto 🤷‍♂️

It seems I’ll most likely have lots of exams and a thesis defence all in the same week as the Green Day show would have been, so I guess the show not happening is one less thing to worry about. I would hate to miss out on Green Day because of having to get a stupid degree :P

• Like 2

California plans on reopening everything on June 15. So not sure how that plays out for stadium type shows, but indoor shows at the clubs hopefully are going to happen again. Maybe we can get some club shows with Green Day around here in the bay area.

I am sure that outdoor events will happen again, but still hearing only about 65% capacity.

If all vaccinated, then it was reported that everyone can attend without restrictions on seating and standing on the floor for the shows. It would have to be a special section for the vaccinated and others would show a covid negative test but be restricted on where they can sit and still have only sit in pods.

"When California reaches that threshold, large-scale indoor events, such as conventions, will be allowed to occur with testing or vaccination verification requirements."

• Like 2

GNR have just postponed their UK/Euro Tour until 2022. Looking ever more likely Hella Mega isn't going to happen (at least in Europe) 

• Sad 1

On 4/6/2021 at 12:50 PM, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Already took my job vacation from August 16th to September 6th. Still praying for this trip in Toronto 🤷‍♂️

I don't think it will, but in the case that it does, it looks like I'm not going to be able to attend regardless. :( The show is 2 days before I (maybe, depending on Covid) have to run a big charity golf tournament for the company I current work for (if I'm still there this summer, that is...), so I don't see them approving time off right before that happens, lol. Honestly crossing my fingers for a postponement to 2022. I still want this show to happen but I feel very sketchy about it going ahead this year. Especially considering Ontario is now in a stay at home order -- are we really going to allow a show with 50k people 3 months after a stay at home order was issued? I don't think so.

• Sad 1

forgett about shows happening in europe this summer, it just wont happen

i also dont know about the future when most people are vaccinated, its still unsure if someone who is vaccinated could still spread the virus, they have to find an answer to this first, then we can talk about bigger shows like pre-covid

imo we can be happy if summer 2022 can take place somehow

Sooo... they're supposed to come to Finland next month. Can you guys like already cancel it, since it's just not gonna happen?

Less than zero chance that Toronto happens. The border is still closed. They aren't gonna let one hundred plus people in from all over the US to perform for tens of thousands. 

• Like 3

Well San Francisco is opening up to outdoor stadium events at 50% now and indoor at 35%, so maybe we will get a show soon from the Bay Area. Just a show by Green Day not the tour.

Indoor ticketed and seated events and performances may reopen at up at 35% capacity if patrons show proof of vaccination or a recent negative test result for the coronavirus. Vaccinated-only sections may be created with relaxed distancing requirements.

Outdoor ticketed events with live performances may expand to a capacity of up to 50%.

https://news.yahoo.com/san-francisco-reopens-further-live-210102800.html

• Like 2

The biggest concert festival in Austria, called "Nova Rock" which takes place every year was cancelled a few weeks ago. No chance that Green Day will come to Vienna this June. I know we are a little country, but we have 3.000 cases every day and the situation in the hospitals is very critical.

5 minutes ago, purplebenny said:

McR postpone Europe UK and US to 2022

now we wait for hella mega

Ugh. Seriously, they just need to put me out of my misery. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, purplebenny said:

McR postpone Europe UK and US to 2022

now we wait for hella mega

Yep... Was about to come here and post about it. I'm glad MCR isn't cancelling, but now I'm curious how HMT will be handled because it starts earlier than MCR's dates

Green Day to perform at Citi Field on August 4, 2021

https://www.silive.com/entertainment/2021/04/green-day-to-perform-at-citi-field-on-august-4-2021.html

Punk rockers of yesteryear can rejoice!

Green Day, the 1990s punk group, will perform at Citi Field on Aug. 4, 2021 at 5:30 p.m. ET, one stop on the group’s post-pandemic tour.

Fall Out Boy and Weezer will open for Green Day, making for a memorable evening.

You can purchase tickets at Vivid Seats for the concert. Ticket prices start at $85.

Check out all the stops on Green Day’s tour here.

Pandemic protocols may be in place the night of the concert so please check before you go.

4 minutes ago, desertrose said:

Green Day to perform at Citi Field on August 4, 2021

https://www.silive.com/entertainment/2021/04/green-day-to-perform-at-citi-field-on-august-4-2021.html

Punk rockers of yesteryear can rejoice!

Green Day, the 1990s punk group, will perform at Citi Field on Aug. 4, 2021 at 5:30 p.m. ET, one stop on the group’s post-pandemic tour.

Fall Out Boy and Weezer will open for Green Day, making for a memorable evening.

You can purchase tickets at Vivid Seats for the concert. Ticket prices start at $85.

Check out all the stops on Green Day’s tour here.

Pandemic protocols may be in place the night of the concert so please check before you go.

I doubt it . The site you linked takes people to Vivid seats which is a second rate stubhub. 

yeah I doubt San Francisco will go on unless they can follow the guidelines,  with only 50%, they will be refunding alot of tickets to space people out.  they  cannot serve food or drinks. Everyone has to be vaccinated.

Concert venues

Outdoor live performances are allowed for up to 50% attendee capacity. Each household group must be 6 feet apart, with assigned seating. Suites and boxes up to 25% capacity. 

Both indoor and outdoor venues can have special sections with 100% capacity, if everyone 16 and older shows proof of vaccination.

For outdoor events with more than 4,000 people (no food or drinks served) or 100 people (food and drinks served), in-state attendees must show a negative COVID-19 test or proof of vaccination. Attendees from outside California must show proof of vaccination.

https://sf.gov/check-if-business-essential

• Like 1

A gig without masks & distancing is going to happen in the UK. You have to test negative before the gig in order to enter, and there will be another test after the gig. Here's an article about it: https://www.nme.com/news/music/blossoms-to-headline-covid-19-pilot-gig-in-liverpool-with-no-social-distancing-2922629. It will be interesting to see the outcome of this gig, although it won't affect the HM gigs here which will obviously be rescheduled or cancelled.

Just looking through the HM Instagram account and I see that the announcement about the postponement of last years European gigs was made on the 23rd of April last year. It's the 18th now, so could we hear something this week? 

1 minute ago, RedundantIdiot said:

A gig without masks & distancing is going to happen in the UK. You have to test negative before the gig in order to enter, and there will be another test after the gig. Here's an article about it: https://www.nme.com/news/music/blossoms-to-headline-covid-19-pilot-gig-in-liverpool-with-no-social-distancing-2922629. It will be interesting to see the outcome of this gig, although it won't affect the HM gigs here which will obviously be rescheduled or cancelled.

Haha testing before and after? That’s not a gig that’s a science experiment 😄 No way is testing sufficient for crowd safety they just want to see what happens when people gather.  Then they’ll notify you two weeks later and say whoops. Give me proof of vaccination or no thanks.

36 minutes ago, RedundantIdiot said:

Just looking through the HM Instagram account and I see that the announcement about the postponement of last years European gigs was made on the 23rd of April last year. It's the 18th now, so could we hear something this week? 

it’s a positive for future gigs alright!

Hm hasn’t a a hope

messaging for the tour in general has been diabolical 

• AlissaGoesRAWR changed the title to Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy