You know you're a Green Day fan when...

JardyOfSuburbia

4 minutes ago, RedundantIdiot said:

When you spot an article titled "Jesus of Siberia" in dad's newspaper and for a split second you think it says "Jesus of Suburbia". 

I suddenly want to know a lot more about Jesus of Siberia LOL.

When you see a "don't make Wake Me Up When September Ends jokes" post in another fan group and you want to high-five the person for mentioning Green Day at all even though those posts are annoying

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

When you see that GD is trending on twitter and get excited thinking that they've done something new... but it's just because September ended 🙄

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, pouty bitch said:

When you see that GD is trending on twitter and get excited thinking that they've done something new... but it's just because September ended 🙄

I know it’s super unpopular, but I kind of enjoy that there’s this one day in a year when total normies post about Green Day. I always see gd stuff from GDCers on my social media, but today is the special day. I see Billie on my Facebook feed and I scroll up to look who posted this, ah the exchange kid from high school. Lots of crying smiley faces too. God bless ‘em. We make fun of BJA all year round and on Oct. 1 everyone gets to do it too and be cringy about it :lol:

• Haha 3

I kinda wish this whole stupid September thing would go away. Nothing but drama no matter which side you are on. I don't really care one way or the other unless people are being deliberately hurtful, but I got into it with someone this morning after I commented on someone else specifically bringing the dead father back into this (all resolved now). I just feel like all people do is fight about this no matter which side they are on; kinda wish we could all just forget the whole thing. It's pretty trite after 16 years anyway.

Yeah I just try to ignore it. I always thought the joke was lame anyway. I don't think it's anything people should get worked up about but it is annoying to see everywhere. Besides it's gonna be May is the better meme anyway.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, BillieMyLove said:

I kinda wish this whole stupid September thing would go away. Nothing but drama no matter which side you are on. I don't really care one way or the other unless people are being deliberately hurtful, but I got into it with someone this morning after I commented on someone else specifically bringing the dead father back into this (all resolved now). I just feel like all people do is fight about this no matter which side they are on; kinda wish we could all just forget the whole thing. It's pretty trite after 16 years anyway.

Check this out, I thought it’s really cool to see people find out what the song is about and can connect to it thanks to this.

6 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I guess becoming and staying a meme for so long is a sign they’re not forgotten. (And people like the song).

True, but they have also had a lengthy and successful career since then that does keep them in the public eye. I don't think they need a meme to keep them from being forgotten. 🤣

5 minutes ago, The Grohl said:

Yeah I just try to ignore it. I always thought the joke was lame anyway. I don't think it's anything people should get worked up about but it is annoying to see everywhere. Besides it's gonna be May is the better meme anyway.

May is also the better month :D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Beerjeezus said:

May is also the better month :D

May is my favorite month even if I can't stand NSYNC LOL.

2 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Check this out, I thought it’s really cool to see people find out what the song is about and can connect to it thanks to this.

I can agree with that. Also, could there be a more epic username than "Butthole_Patrol"? 🤣

Just now, BillieMyLove said:

True, but they have also had a lengthy and successful career since then that does keep them in the public eye. I don't think they need a meme to keep them from being forgotten. 🤣

I mean, the most significant event of their post-AI career keeps appearing on r/PublicFreakout, so I’m always happy to see people appreciating them, even when it’s dumb and ill-informed :lol:

5 minutes ago, BillieMyLove said:

I can agree with that. Also, could there be a more epic username than "Butthole_Patrol"? 🤣

You can tell it’s a GD fan :lol:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Beerjeezus said:

I mean, the most significant event of their post-AI career keeps appearing on r/PublicFreakout, so I’m always happy to see people appreciating them, even when it’s dumb and ill-informed :lol:

You can tell it’s a GD fan :lol:

I mean, isn't all of Reddit dumb and ill-informed? Maybe not the best place to judge public opinion LOL. 🤣

1 minute ago, BillieMyLove said:

I mean, isn't all of Reddit dumb and ill-informed? Maybe not the best place to judge public opinion LOL. 🤣

Well, it’s all I can look at to see what the general public thinks without giving out questionnaires for my market research :P Or Twitter, but that’s no better lol

10 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

Can I just point out that the person who posted this goes by "Butthole_Patrol"?

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

Can I just point out that the person who posted this goes by "Butthole_Patrol"?

It's already been pointed out LOL, but yes, I am glad to see that so many of us think it is an epic username. We all need to get on that person's level. 🤣

31 minutes ago, pouty bitch said:

When you have no interest in anime but you decide to see how Billie looks with the anime Snapchat filter anyway lol. (Spoiler alert: Yes, he still looks hot as anime :lol:)

Wow, anime Billie is hot. A friend once said Billie looked like an anime character, and I think they were right LOL. You should scroll back a couple of pages in the fangirls thread to find a bunch of anime Green Day drawings that someone made. I am not into anime either, but these are beautiful. ❤️ 

I mean, he just looks like a generic anime boy to me. Nothing special. He'll always be way hotter in real life. :lol: Not that anime boys aren't hot, of course. They're designed to be appealing to look at.

When a group of regulars at your local pub start calling you Spike because of your new haircut, so you get Spike by The Network stuck in your head every damn time you go in the pub :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1