You know you're a Green Day fan when...

JardyOfSuburbia

• 2 weeks later...

When you discover that the Scottish football team Hamilton Academical play at the Fountain of Youth stadium.

• Haha 4

On 12/17/2020 at 10:48 PM, Montclare said:

Also, when you see your neighbor's mail has a Green Bay postmark and double check just to make sure it doesn't say Green Day.

I am now very concerned about how you got access to your neighbor's mail LOL. 

24 minutes ago, BillieMyLove said:

I am now very concerned about how you got access to your neighbor's mail LOL. 

There's just a mail slot for my building, so our stuff is all mixed together on a table.

11 hours ago, Montclare said:

There's just a mail slot for my building, so our stuff is all mixed together on a table.

Woah, that's even worse than the community I live in LOL. We have a mailroom where everyone has their own box but packages that are too big for a regular box all go into this same locker and you have to dig through and find yours. And that's why I have all packages sent to my work address LOL.

When this IG account pops up as a suggestion for you, and you assume it's because, dogs, but then you scroll down and

F1uTsu8.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

You know your a GD Fan when your dad/Friend says Rosa/Rosie in person or on the phone and you think of Tré's wife Rosa

9 minutes ago, GD Fan Girl-Abby said:

You know your a GD Fan when your dad/Friend says Rosa/Rosie in person or on the phone and you think of Tré's wife Rosa

I don't think he ever had a wife named Rosa? His current wife's name is Sara and her middle name is Rose; perhaps that's what you were thinking of?

On 1/8/2021 at 11:55 AM, BillieMyLove said:

I don't think he ever had a wife named Rosa? His current wife's name is Sara and her middle name is Rose; perhaps that's what you were thinking of?

Ya, I keep thinking her name is rosa when I know it is Sara

When you have a guinea pig named after Billie, but everytime you go to the vets to pick up his medicine, it's prescribed to Billy 😅 I did not think that through when I named him haha. I also walk a dog called Billy and I always intially spell his name with an ie instead of y and have to change it 😂

When you're just laying on the sofa thinking about going to bed and Knocked Up comes on the TV and you have no intention of watching it but then you hear Green Day mentioned in one of the scenes and you end up staying up to watch it 😂

When the characters in a TV show you're watching are talking about the first gigs they ever went to and you somehow know they're gonna say GD before they've even said it 😅 And then later in the episode they play Good Riddance and say it's their favourite song, and you're simultaneously singing along to the song whilst also being salty because there are so many better GD songs that could've been their favourite 😂

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, pouty bitch said:

When you have a guinea pig named after Billie, but everytime you go to the vets to pick up his medicine, it's prescribed to Billy 😅 I did not think that through when I named him haha.

Thought of you when I saw this the other day. :)

6Es8Se9.jpg

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, pouty bitch said:

When you have a guinea pig named after Billie, but everytime you go to the vets to pick up his medicine, it's prescribed to Billy 😅 I did not think that through when I named him haha. I also walk a dog called Billy and I always intially spell his name with an ie instead of y and have to change it 😂

A guinea pig named Billie sounds like the cutest thing ever. Please give us guinea pig pics. 

1 hour ago, Montclare said:

Thought of you when I saw this the other day. :)

6Es8Se9.jpg

Oh wow 😂 Fink is actually a guinea pig who pretends to be Billie whilst also pretending not to be Billie and nothing can change my mind 😋

1 hour ago, BillieMyLove said:

A guinea pig named Billie sounds like the cutest thing ever 

He isss 🥰

Bonus pics of him with his brother Joe (also named after BJA 😅) who is sadly no longer with us:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, pouty bitch said:

Oh wow 😂 Fink is actually a guinea pig who pretends to be Billie whilst also pretending not to be Billie and nothing can change my mind 😋

He isss 🥰

Bonus pics of him with his brother Joe (also named after BJA 😅) who is sadly no longer with us:

So fluffy and adorable!

When dad started playing the guitar when I was working from home and it made me think of Billie smashing guitars

QRUU.gif

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Slime molds aren’t from this world and they spook me to no end :lol: You have no business having basic problem solving skills when you have no brain! What else are you hiding from us?

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Slave To The Network said:

If it wasn't already clear, this proves how much of a nerd I am:

I was looking up pictures of different species of slime mold sporangia (spore capsules) and found a really gorgeous one, Diachea leucopodia, and looked up a sightings map to see if I could find it around where I live. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear to occur in Washington. The nearest sighting was Vancouver, BC. I did notice that there was a dot indicating a place in California, though, and zoomed in on the map. The sighting turned out be at a huge park right in Oakland and I let out an audible squeal when I saw that. So two of the most beautiful organisms in existence reside in Oakland - Billie Joe and this slime mold. :lol:

This is what the thing looks like btw:

Hide contents

DIACHEA-leucopodia-78316MA-4x15x-1-1024x

The not so attractive plasmodium (the form that actively spreads around feeding on decaying matter) looks like this:

Hard to believe both pictures are the same critter.

Those technicolor fuzzy things are beyond cool. ❤️ 

11 hours ago, Slave To The Network said:

If it wasn't already clear, this proves how much of a nerd I am:

I was looking up pictures of different species of slime mold sporangia (spore capsules) and found a really gorgeous one, Diachea leucopodia, and looked up a sightings map to see if I could find it around where I live. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear to occur in Washington. The nearest sighting was Vancouver, BC. I did notice that there was a dot indicating a place in California, though, and zoomed in on the map. The sighting turned out be at a huge park right in Oakland and I let out an audible squeal when I saw that. So two of the most beautiful organisms in existence reside in Oakland - Billie Joe and this slime mold. :lol:

This is what the thing looks like btw:

Reveal hidden contents

DIACHEA-leucopodia-78316MA-4x15x-1-1024x

The not so attractive plasmodium (the form that actively spreads around feeding on decaying matter) looks like this:

49148343737_294505a5e2_n.jpg

Hard to believe both pictures are the same critter.

Are you a nudibranch fan, I know very different but weird and fascinating?