Billie Joe anti-Trump comment on Instagram

pouty bitch

1 minute ago, gaslight13 said:

I'll quote myself here "even if he wasn’t replying to some of the worse comments" <<I acknowledged that at least one of his replies wasn't directed at the right person.  

Obama is irrelevant to this discussion. He's not praising him in this post, and believe it or not it's possible to like a president and not agree with EVERY decision they made. Nuclear bombs are next level by the way. Not justifying Obama's choices but let's not act like nuclear war is the same thing. 

You completely missed my point. He's not trying to fix things with each comment. With this one, he was trying to get ignorant people to get off his Instagram and take their stupid comments elsewhere. And I don't think he cares if he succeeded or not. He was blowing off steam, that's all it is, and we're acting like he sent out a proclamation. He's angry about something that should anger people. Children get angry when their favorite TV show isn't on. Adults get angry when the leader of the most powerful country on the planet is playing around with the most powerful weapons on the planet like they're toys and people are supporting him! 

But there is no nuclear war going to happen...

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lordie, are you guys still talking about this? If you weren’t aware that Billie has a temper that sometimes flares and are shocked, well now you know. 

Okay everyone, wrap it up. neverdone2000 summed it up and no one needs to give their thoughts anymore. Don't use this public forum to discuss things.

1 minute ago, Fuzz said:

Okay everyone, wrap it up. neverdone2000 summed it up and no one needs to give their thoughts anymore. Don't use this public forum to discuss things.

Yeah my bad sir 

24 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

But there is no nuclear war going to happen...

Yes and if you travel back in time to Germany pre-concentration camps I'm sure they'd have said the same thing about that happening. 

EDIT: @Fuzz apologies. Didn't see your post till after I added this one. 

16 minutes ago, gaslight13 said:

I was joking (just in case anyone thought I was serious)

27 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

Talk about it all you want. I’m surprised this is still being analyzed 24 hours later, but I guess it strikes a nerve. I personally think Billie was so appalled by Trump’s tweet that he lost it a little. And it’s no wonder when you consider what Trump was saying. It’s absolutely appalling, there’s no defending it, and I think that Billie, like a lot of us, is growing increasingly frustrated. We’re literally watching an incompetent buffoon turn the entire world against us, and there are all of these people defending said buffoon, which is just unbelievable. It is just unbelievably frustrating, kind of like watching the bad guy in a movie but it’s real life. So he lost it a little and showed his frustration. It didn’t do him any favors and he probably wishes he would have handled it differently, but I totally understand where it came from. That’s why I don’t think it needs to be overanalyzed.

25 minutes ago, gaslight13 said:

Yes and if you travel back in time to Germany pre-concentration camps I'm sure they'd have said the same thing about that happening. 

There’s not going to be one as nethier the US or North Korea will ever strike first they both know what they’ll lose if they strike first and what they will lose outweighs anything that’d they get if they win nobody even the biggest idiot in the world goes into something knowingly theyre going to lose more than what they get in return all they’re going to do is taunt each other on Twitter like they’ve been doing trying to Outtaunt the other problem is they’re both narcissistic and will not bow down to each other 

ok I’ll put it like this 

would you spend 100 dollars knowing you’re only going to get 20 dollars in return? Or are you going to keep that 100 dollars and forget the 20 dollars? 

1 hour ago, DookieLukie said:

Plus, he said the same speech at every single show. It's so scripted that it has no power.

Ah, something we both agree on actually. :D 

55 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

No foruming on the forum please.

There’s foolish ass moves on both sides. People saying that what trump said is alright are wrong, but Billie lashed out at a guy that didn’t really lash out at Billie. He just politely said something and got ripped a new one for it. See, even though I think Billies heart is in the right spot, I differ from him greatly. I don’t see the reason, as a conservative, to get all offended over someone calmly pointing out something to me whether it be a liberal, anarchist, or what ever the hell. Billie has gotten mad about stupid things in the past and probably will forever and ever. That doesn’t mean that he’s an asshole or a horrible person, he just feels very strong, perhaps too strongly, about his opinions and that’s what causes him to lash out over tiny things. When Billie looked out over 20,000 people at the show in SLC and yelled “KILL DONALD TRUMP” I laughed my ass off, and I voted for the guy. I want offended and I would pay $450 to sit front row to Green Day again for the rest of my life no matter what Billie says. And people worried about what Billie said need to calm down. Billie didn’t say that if you voted for trump to go fuck yourself and don’t buy my records. He said if you think what trump said is okay then don’t buy my records. Artists have flat out said don’t buy my records or come to my shows if you voted for Trump. So Billie saying what he said really only offended like 17 people probably. I have no problem with Billie standing up for himself, but there’s a better way to do it for example 

"I understand what you're saying...and I WANT this to be about creativity and music .. but this is the craziest time in our lives since 9/11 .. I'm trying to find some justice in this god forsaken era. I hope this helpful"

If people don’t remember that was Billies response to a fan who said to stop posting about politics and stick to the music. A person who was much more vicious than they guy Billie lashed out at today 

2 hours ago, neverdone2000 said:

Lordie, are you guys still talking about this? If you weren’t aware that Billie has a temper that sometimes flares and are shocked, well now you know. 

2 hours ago, Fuzz said:

go fuck your self you fucking keyboard coward. You don't know what the fuck you're talking about. No one is coming for you you paranoid fool. This is your admin making threats of mass destruction. Wake up or get the fuck off my fansite

11 minutes ago, Sarcasm said:

go fuck your self you fucking keyboard coward. You don't know what the fuck you're talking about. No one is coming for you you paranoid fool. This is your admin making threats of mass destruction. Wake up or get the fuck off my fansite

Jeez dude calm down 😜😂

None of this means anything, we will all be dead or eating rat meat by the end of the year at the rate world leaders act these days 

14 hours ago, WhiteTim said:

You’re very wrong on ignorant comment the main comment where he exploded the most wasn’t even a ignorant comment nor was it from a Trump supporter 

also again he praises Obama who unlike Trump has bombed innocent villages killing babies children women men has deported people out of the US every single thing y’all attack Trump on Obama’s has done and has done more than any other president so yes it’s hypothetical of Billie and well anyone who attacks Trump on talking about bombing when they praise a man who actually has bombed so many places and on some of them weren’t needed or nessicary or how Trump wants to deport when Obama deported hundreds of thousands himself the only difference is Obama is smart and Trump isn’t Obama knows how to talk and Trump doesn’t 

And I like Obama I voted for him both times I don’t like Trump I hope he isn’t reelected but some of the major complaints being hurdled at Trump Obama did and broke records for it and for some reason he gets a pass so yes it’s very hypocritical of Billie to be going to Rolling Stone and other magazines praising Obama and attacking Trump over tweets when Trump hasn’t actually bombed them or have deported as much as the person he praises 

Actually, Trump did bomb innocent children. https://www.google.ch/amp/foreignpolicy.com/2017/08/09/donald-trump-is-dropping-bombs-at-unprecedented-levels/amp/

11 hours ago, Brooklyn Baby said:

"This isn't funny."

That's where he's wrong. He's reached levels of triggered that shouldn't even be possible :lol::lol: "fuck you fuck this fuck off get the fuck off of instagram never listen to my fucking music again."

Frankly, I've seen 11 year olds on GDC react better to online provocation than this grown ass man is reacting to his insta comment section right now. 

I've seen 11 year olds act less childishly than Trump in his original tweet. But a musician reacting angrily to online provocation in front of a few fans is funnier than your president doing the same with nuclear threats and being laughed at by the world right?

A punk musician being angry/childish with fans on Instagram is so far from the level of ridiculousness of the US president being angry/childish with world leaders and whole countries that it barely deserves comment, much less being compared to it as if it's the same thing here :lol: 

News Flash: Punk Rock Star Aggressively Voices Controversial Political Opinions

11 minutes ago, Second favourite son said:

m1_Jl_DWCKg_ZKV9_MWoyion7_Q_r.jpg

i can't stand donald trump and his entire cabinet, but the fact is, all of us americans are in this fucked up mess together. we're only going to progress and move our country in a positive direction if we do it with some form of unity. i understand where billie is coming from, i relate with his anger, and i understand why he is so frustrated with our current administration. but i disagree with the idea that anyone who voted for him is a piece of shit who should just go fuck themselves.

i actually think trump is legitimately mentally unstable. his family has a history of degenerative brain disorders and dementia, i think he's actually losing his mind

I've said from the beginning that Billie's original post was spot on. It is a serious subject that should be spoken about. It was his reactions to the comments that were not. They were rants and took away from his original message.

I would just like to point out that we have 6 pages of everyone giving their opinion of whether Billie was right or wrong and almost no conversation about the 45th President of the US threatening nuclear war. 

7 hours ago, Grubby Poop said:

I've said from the beginning that Billie's original post was spot on. It is a serious subject that should be spoken about. It was his reactions to the comments that were not. They were rants and took away from his original message.

I would just like to point out that we have 6 pages of everyone giving their opinion of whether Billie was right or wrong and almost no conversation about the 45th President of the US threatening nuclear war. 

True that.

31 minutes ago, Grubby Poop said:

That is the topic of the thread to be fair :P 

1 hour ago, Second favourite son said:

And as is usually the case, they shouldn't even be considered controversial. 

Some people said he's focusing too much on the negativity in his comments and he should pay more attention to his fans who aren't hating, but that's not true. He does engage with fans fairly often in a positive way. This right now is a rare occurrence and it's only getting so much attention by fans, media and non fans alike because it's exciting. 

• Hermione locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived