Billie Joe anti-Trump comment on Instagram

pouty bitch

?page=3&title=Billie%20Joe%20anti-Trump%

This is a ridiculously over the top response from Billie. The person has a perfectly valid point and isn't even saying that THEY are a Trump supporter. They're pointing out that Trump supporters won't change their minds which is the unfortunate truth. Billie's reaction is to tell the person to go fuck themselves and call them a piece of shit?! What the hell?!

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Billie Joe Armstrong said:

You're right, but then who else than these people needs an explanation?ย 

I think the original post spoke for itself - or at least Billie thought it did

8 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Now thatโ€™s a fucking wingman! Rock solid support Mike ๐Ÿค˜๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š

:wub:ย 

42 minutes ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

This is a ridiculously over the top response from Billie. The person has a perfectly valid point and isn't even saying that THEY are a Trump supporter. They're pointing out that Trump supporters won't change their minds which is the unfortunate truth. Billie's reaction is to tell the person to go fuck themselves and call them a piece of shit?! What the hell?!

Billie has a right to say what he wants.ย 

21 minutes ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

ย 

It almost sounds as if Billie replied to the wrong person by accident.

I have no problem with him responding the way he did; everyone has their breaking point and lord knows plenty of people post shit on his page trying to get a rise out of him.ย  The only thing I find weird is that there were plenty of other comments far worse than the one he responded to where his response would have made more sense.

I must admit, even though I share the same raging feelings towards Trump and how it is even possible that he got elected.. I can't help but wonder what's with the FUCKING ANGER. MY GOD THIS GOD DAMN SHIT.

Jeez.ย 

He can post whatever he wants, and please continue with the politics and sharing thoughts and what not. But calm the hell down, Billie. Debate, analyze and explain, don't yell.ย 

ย Didn't he post some wonderful comment awhile ago? It was superlong and well put.

Itโ€™s weird how the amount of people out there online who think this is cool reminds me of all the people who thought his iheart rant was also cool and punk. Then we found out he had a problem.

I don't support Trump, but BJA is acting ridiculous. People can support whomever they want, and he's coming across as an immature kid (I guess like Trump). It surprises me how well thought out AI is, in terms of lyrics, and how "childish" his IG comments are.ย 

7 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Itโ€™s weird how the amount of people out there online who think this is cool reminds me of all the people who thought his iheart rant was also cool and punk. Then we found out he had a problem.

You do have a very good point. This actually did kinda remind me of that, but I do think the stress is getting to him and causing him to lash out. I screamed at one of my classmates the day after the election and ended up pissing actually lot of people off, I was so angry. This whole situation is really fucking insane. Everyone is pretty affected by it.

Mind you, I donโ€™t mean to start another is he drinking debate, I just mean heโ€™s clearly scared as shit and this could just be his anxiety ramping up. That will make a person sound irrational just like substances would.ย 

But why more people arenโ€™t freaking out over this so called president is beyond me. Billieโ€™s point I think is why arenโ€™t all decent people outraged as they should be? This has nothing to do with left or right, this is right and wrong.

I am so FUCKING done. I have a friend who I've talked out of slitting her wrists before. This is not a joke, this is not funny. This also has nothing to do with impending nuclear war. So, I say, people are fucked up. This was a comment on the IG post, btw

Screenshot_2018-01-03-18-33-56.png

10 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Mind you, I donโ€™t mean to start another is he drinking debate, I just mean heโ€™s clearly scared as shit and this could just be his anxiety ramping up. That will make a person sound irrational just like substances would.ย 

But why more people arenโ€™t freaking out over this so called president is beyond me. Billieโ€™s point I think is why arenโ€™t all decent people outraged as they should be? This has nothing to do with left or right, this is right and wrong.

Yeah, I totally agree. With everything.ย 

I agree with Billie Joe, this guy is a fucking lunatic.ย  I am sure a lot of people feel like that.ย  He is using social media and his "star power" to express it.ย  We all do not have a million followers that listen to our opinion.ย  You don't like it don't follow him and read it.ย  Make your comments but wait til Trump pushes the button.ย  He is more worried about his image than what is right for the country.ย  He would do it just because he can be first and gloat about how he was first and don't worry about all the innocent people you kill.ย  Nothing normal about Trump.

Who care about marketing and what this will do to him or the band.I f they don't sell one record because of thisย  then right on.ย 

Proud of him, he says what others are afraid to say.

8 minutes ago, desertrose said:

I agree with Billie Joe, this guy is a fucking lunatic.ย  I am sure a lot of people feel like that.ย  He is using social media and his "star power" to express it.ย  We all do not have a million followers that listen to our opinion.ย  You don't like it don't follow him and read it.ย  Make your comments but wait til Trump pushes the button.ย  He is more worried about his image than what is right for the country.ย  He would do it just because he can be first and gloat about how he was first and don't worry about all the innocent people you kill.ย  Nothing normal about Trump.

Who care about marketing and what this will do to him or the band.I f they don't sell one record because of thisย  then right on.ย 

Proud of him, he says what others are afraid to say.

It's unlikely that a missile would be fired as both nations have too much to lose, but this is definitely the closest time since the Cuban Missile Crisis that the world has been to Nuclear War.

Maybe itโ€™s time we stopped over analysing this and just let it be. Heโ€™s just like the rest of us at the end of the day watching this shitshow unfold and being powerless to do anything about it. Itโ€™s totally fine if you think heโ€™s overreacting but heโ€™s entitled to have his reaction, as everyone is, even if itโ€™s in support of Trump. The only thing I would say on the contrary is that he canโ€™t go around promoting peace and togetherness and then start being aggressive towards people, but thatโ€™s just life really and everyoneโ€™s a bit of a contradiction at times.ย 

As neo-nazis deserves a kick in the ass, people who are blind of bigotry needs a slap to wake the fuck up. Trump can say what he wants, but he needs to be reminded who he is right now and what he is doing is nothing less that jeopardizing the whole world. Politics are not a reality show, and it seems like Trump doesn't care about that.

2 minutes ago, greendepent said:

As neo-nazis deserves a kick in the ass, people who are blind of bigotry needs a slap to wake the fuck up. Trump can say what he wants, but he needs to be reminded who he is right now and what he is doing is nothing less that jeopardizing the whole world. Politics are not a reality show, and it seems like Trump doesn't care about that.

Typical of a narcissist to only care about themselves and their own image.ย 

44 minutes ago, emmericanidiot said:

The only thing I would say on the contrary is that he canโ€™t go around promoting peace and togetherness and then start being aggressive towards people, but thatโ€™s just life really and everyoneโ€™s a bit of a contradiction at times.ย 

I was actuallyย thinking this earlier today but I didn't want to get my head ripped off on here if I said it. :Pย 

4 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Now thatโ€™s a fucking wingman! Rock solid support Mike ๐Ÿค˜๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š

Hell Yeah!

52 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

I was actuallyย thinking this earlier today but I didn't want to get my head ripped off on here if I said it. :Pย 

I will happily get my head ripped off for you donโ€™t you worry!

3 hours ago, Smoldering Panda said:

Billie has a right to say what he wants.ย 

? Everyone has the right to say what they want to but how does that justify being a shit to your fan for literally nothing.

3 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

This. So much right now. Blowing up at your own fans in a swearing rant online is thought provoking to say the least and Mike suddenly posting about Trump like a wingman (someone used that phrase)ย is too familiar to when he jumped to Billie's aide at iheart and smashed his own guitar after Billie did.

Well...ย  A greatย start to the year of 2018...ย sigh...

Please note myย sarcasm

2 hours ago, emmericanidiot said:

The only thing I would say on the contrary is that he canโ€™t go around promoting peace and togetherness and then start being aggressive towards people, but thatโ€™s just life really and everyoneโ€™s a bit of a contradiction at times.ย 

I disagree. I don't think he's ever promoted the type of peace and togetherness that means just being nice to everyone regardless of what they say or do. As well as just peace and love between peopleย there's always been a message of togetherness againstย oppressive authority, bigotry etc. Peace is good butย aggression can also be called for when it's threatened.

28 minutes ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

ย 

This. So much right now. Blowing up at your own fans in a swearing rant online is thought provoking to say the least and Mike suddenly posting about Trump like a wingman (someone used that phrase)ย is too familiar to when he jumped to Billie's aide at iheart and smashed his own guitar after Billie did.

Can we please not start (I know you're responding to @pacejunkie punkย but she's stated she doesn't want to start a debate)ย this? It's not our job to speculate about Billie's personal life, there'sย no point in posting your worries about him when we don't know anything and it's not our business. This goes for everyone.

ย 

I see where he's coming from - but when you're screaming at people instead of educating them on why this is a problem - you become apart of the problem. People will think you're crazy, and will ignore everything you say from that point forward like a scolded child. There's better ways to raise awareness and actually make a difference instead of bitching about it in an instagram post that the President, and any Trump supporter that has already left, will not see. You're just preaching to your target audience of anti-Trumpers at this point, and most of them are already on board with what you're saying. Back in the USA was a great place for them because it's visual awareness for people to share and enjoy and rally behind. A curse-riddledย post that easily gets drowned in everything else and marks you as 'mental' doesn't help at all. If anything, it pushes more people away from helping him and sharing his message because you screamed at them. He can still say what he wants to say, but if he does it in a way that connects with people, there's a greater chance for success.ย ย 

30 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I disagree. I don't think he's ever promoted the type of peace and togetherness that means just being nice to everyone regardless of what they say or do. As well as just peace and love between peopleย there's always been a message of togetherness againstย oppressive authority, bigotry etc. Peace is good butย aggression can also be called for when it's threatened.

Yeah I see your point, but tbh heโ€™s definitely promoted being authentic and being your own person with your own beliefs,ย so even when someone outright disagrees with you or has a very strong political opinion that differs from yours you should still be tolerant of it and not start โ€˜fightsโ€™ for no reason. But aggression is definitely called for when itโ€™s threatened or when the situation is getting beyond stupid like I said before, even if it does slightly contradict what youโ€™re ultimately trying to promote.

Is this Adieโ€™s attempt at damage control? How could you be mad at this adorable little face? ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

ย 

• Hermione locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived