Billie Joe anti-Trump comment on Instagram

pouty bitch

On 1/10/2018 at 2:07 PM, Brooklyn Baby said:

as a Trump supporter I really dgaf if some celebrity somewhere hates him :lol: I honestly don't understand why people on either side of the issue run around flipping out at each other about it, it's not like it's going to change anyone's mind.

fuckyoufuckingkeyboardwarriorcoward.pdf

You’re a Trump supporter? I hope I’m reading that wrong.

What about this celebrity?

http://diffuser.fm/green-day-billie-joe-armstrong-trump-fans/

Edit: oh I guess he already mentioned the keyboard warriors or whatever on his post.  Lol. I support the ban. How can you like Green Day and Trump at the same time? I would normally say don’t let music get in the way of politics and vice versa but everything is different.

I support Billie’s stance 100%. Anyone who supports Trump is near treasonous to me.

And BB, minds might not change but that doesn’t mean they don’t need to. People who are anti trump don’t understand how anyone can support a misogynist, racist, homophobe, xenophobe. Basically he is a hater in every sense and if you don’t agree then you don’t understand the perspective of someone that sees this. I’ve known people who worked on the Apprentice. He’s much worse than he seems and dumb as a pile of dirt.  Stupid dirt.

Edit: hey mods, can we go back to the old site please? :)

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, LaughingClock said:

Edit: oh I guess he already mentioned the keyboard warriors or whatever on his post.  Lol. I support the ban. How can you like Green Day and Trump at the same time? I would normally say don’t let music get in the way of politics and vice versa but everything is different.

I support Billie’s stance 100%. Anyone who supports Trump is near treasonous to me.

And BB, minds might not change but that doesn’t mean they don’t need to. People who are anti trump don’t understand how anyone can support a misogynist, racist, homophobe, xenophobe. Basically he is a hater in every sense and if you don’t agree then you don’t understand the perspective of someone that sees this. I’ve known people who worked on the Apprentice. He’s much worse than he seems and dumb as a pile of dirt.  Stupid dirt.

This sums up exactly what I think. Thank you a million times over. I'd like this more if I could. This is super important and you presented it perfectly 

7 hours ago, LaughingClock said:

Do you mean the wintry Frosty theme? Scroll right down to the bottom left of the page and you can select a different theme.

7 hours ago, LaughingClock said:

In response to this post, I offer this (possibly radical) notion: Not everything has to be about politics all the time. American Idiot is, objectively, one hell of a tune and me disagreeing with the band politically does absolutely nothing to damper my enjoyment of that shit. Maybe that makes me a simplistic rube in your eyes but, like, whatevs, it's my life. I have relatively little trouble separating politics from things I enjoy because politics doesn't mean everything to me. It simply is what it is. Being angry and refusing to listen to music I like because of politics makes no sense :confused: life is short, I'm gonna listen to whatever I feel like. 

However, to reassure you of my awareness of Green Day's feelings on politics/the feelings of a majority of their fans, I'm not going to bother getting into a discussion about my support of Trump on a Green Day fan forum :woot:

8 hours ago, LaughingClock said:

These people from The Apprentice need to come out with the truth for the sake of this country.

Also you just stated exactly what I believe but was afraid to say, so thanks for putting it out there.

37 minutes ago, Brooklyn Baby said:

In response to this post, I offer this (possibly radical) notion: Not everything has to be about politics all the time. American Idiot is, objectively, one hell of a tune and me disagreeing with the band politically does absolutely nothing to damper my enjoyment of that shit. Maybe that makes me a simplistic rube in your eyes but, like, whatevs, it's my life. I have relatively little trouble separating politics from things I enjoy because politics doesn't mean everything to me. It simply is what it is. Being angry and refusing to listen to music I like because of politics makes no sense :confused: life is short, I'm gonna listen to whatever I feel like. 

However, to reassure you of my awareness of Green Day's feelings on politics/the feelings of a majority of their fans, I'm not going to bother getting into a discussion about my support of Trump on a Green Day fan forum :woot:

I don’t think you’re getting that Trump is so bad that he is the first president that has caused me to not be able to separate out politics when it comes to his supporters. I truly think much less of people who support him, even family. I tried to not feel that way, but there’s no way around it now. And I think I’m far from being alone in this. And I’m old enough to remember Reagan well. Edit: Just to clarify, I was a child 😂

I am not a Trump supporter and to be honest, like many of you, I really don't understand how anyone can support him. However, I will not think less of a person simply because they are a Trump supporter. I will, however, think less of a person because they are a bigoted racist, misogynistic fascist pig, basically an overall ass. And there are plenty of those on either side of Trump support.

24 minutes ago, Grubby Poop said:

I am not a Trump supporter and to be honest, like many of you, I really don't understand how anyone can support him. However, I will not think less of a person simply because they are a Trump supporter. I will, however, think less of a person because they are a bigoted racist, misogynistic fascist pig, basically an overall ass. And there are plenty of those on either side of Trump support.

I respect your opinions on here, you’re awesome, but that’s a perfect example of false equivalence. There is absolutely no comparison on either side of Trump support when it comes to those qualities. Trump literally built his rise to presidency on them and his supporters ate it up like he was the messiah. 

2 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

I respect your opinions on here, you’re awesome, but that’s a perfect example of false equivalence. There is absolutely no comparison on either side of Trump support when it comes to those qualities. Trump literally built his rise to presidency on them and his supporters ate it up like he was the messiah. 

Eh a lot of his votes came from they just simply didn’t like Hillary a lot would’ve voted Bernie if he had made it but he didn’t do it was left up to Trump and Hillary and a lot of them just would not vote for Hillary 

1 hour ago, WhiteTim said:

Eh a lot of his votes came from they just simply didn’t like Hillary a lot would’ve voted Bernie if he had made it but he didn’t do it was left up to Trump and Hillary and a lot of them just would not vote for Hillary 

I think about 99% of those people didn’t vote at all

I have to say, I have almost 0 respect for Trump supporters, but I have even less respect for non voters. Those people were pissy babies that refused to determine the lesser of 2 evils. They let the Electoral College work, because the amount of people in a state attributes to the amount of points allotted to a candidate. They didn't help anything; they passively let this regime come about. They really screwed us. At least people who voted for Trump made a decision, even if they made a facist, racist, masogonystic decision.

1 hour ago, neverdone2000 said:

I do agree with you on a "group" basis. Racism and bigotry are rampant in the US right now. But they are not rampant because Trump is president, Trump is president because they are rampant. He gave the racists and bigots an open forum. He is the symptom not the cause. However, that does not mean there are not racists and bigots that don't support Trump, there most definitely are. It also doesn't mean that every Trump supporter are racists and bigots.

However, I do not believe that you can judge an individual in the same fashion you judge a group. I will not think lowly of a Trump supporter simply because they are a Trump supporter. There could be a variety of reasons they support him just as there are many factors that go into my opinion of someone. I try to get to know someone before I judge and I do not want to judge then solely on one thing they did or one choice they made. To quote one of my favorite movies:

"An individual is smart, people are dumb"

As I said, I believe the Trump presidency is a symptom of various factors not the cause and to "cure" anything we need to fight the cause. If we fight the symptoms we are just putting a band aid on things. If we understand why people did what they did and think the way they think, maybe things can change. That means not shutting people down because of a choice they made. 

Please don't misunderstand me, I still want that stupid ass out power before 2020, I just think we need to be more unified.

21 minutes ago, Grubby Poop said:

There could be a variety of reasons they support him just as there are many factors that go into my opinion of someone.

Can confirm, there were. 

4 hours ago, Brooklyn Baby said:

You can do and like whatever you want. Free country and all. I’m also allowed to have my opinion on anyone that supports Trump.

And no, not everything has to be about politics all of the time but it’s about politics some of the time. 

You can write you like whoever you want and I’m allowed to be surprised by it regardless of your feelings on politics. 

You support someone who assaults women, children (proven), lies and chests for his own gain, refuses to see anyone that is not a white man from Norway as an equal when in reality most people are better than he is. He is a piece of shit who is endangering the world and you think he’s great because (fill in the blank). 

And not for nothing, I wouldn’t want to listen to a band that said anything about me as a person for my political views. I tried to keep loving Roger Waters because I love Pink Floyd but it got to a point where I couldn’t even look at him anymore. He’s been relegated to the car only. Green Day sort of pulled that on their fans.

Personally, I truly don’t care who you listen to. I mean in all honesty, I’m a tiny bit saddened by the fact that you support Trump but how can you stand to listen to a band that has explicitly said “I wish you didn’t listen to my records”? 

And Bernie Sanders should've really thrown all his support behind Hillary. .. he contributed to this.

IMO if someone supports Trump, that means his sexism/racism/other awfulness wasn’t a dealbreaker for them and so in that sense I can’t help but think less of them for that. You might not be those things but you don’t mind if someone like that is running the country? Fucking hell. 

1 hour ago, Gloria Killjoy said:

I have to say, I have almost 0 respect for Trump supporters, but I have even less respect for non voters. Those people were pissy babies that refused to determine the lesser of 2 evils. They let the Electoral College work, because the amount of people in a state attributes to the amount of points allotted to a candidate. They didn't help anything; they passively let this regime come about. They really screwed us. At least people who voted for Trump made a decision, even if they made a facist, racist, masogonystic decision.

I'd like to point out that even if those people voted, there's still a good chance that Trump still would've won. Just because people didn't vote, that doesn't mean those people would've chosen Hillary if they had to choose one. And Trump won 304 electoral votes compared to Hillary's 227. Despite Hillary winning the popular vote, she was still far behind in terms of the electoral vote.

5 minutes ago, Gloria Killjoy said:

And Bernie Sanders should've really thrown all his support behind Hillary. .. he contributed to this.

I might be mistaken but did he not? I'm pretty sure he told his supporters to vote for Hillary

Also I'd just like to point out there's a difference between a Trump voter and a Trump supporter. Many of the people that voted for him don't actually support him. They just thought he wasn't as bad as Clinton.

5 minutes ago, Gloria Killjoy said:

You can't blame Bernie or anyone for Hillary's loss. Hillary was a poor candidate and she often didn't listen to her advisors, including her husband. 

1 minute ago, Grubby Poop said:

You can't blame Bernie or anyone for Hillary's loss. Hillary was a poor candidate and she often didn't listen to her advisors, including her husband. 

Yeah Hillary lost because of Hillary. We can't let her be the main democratic candidate for the next campaign. She's incapable of winning.

• Hermione locked and unlocked this topic

I'm closing this thread now because the discussion about Billie's posts is long gone and what we have left is general discussion of supporting Trump and personal comments. If you want to talk about Trump go here

22 minutes ago, LaughingClock said:

I don't know if @Brooklyn Baby would be happy with you bringing up past personal things from other threads but I'm not so I'm removing it from your post. It should be possible to discuss things without making them personal.

• Hermione locked this topic

Archived