Billie Joe anti-Trump comment on Instagram

pouty bitch

He's also going mental in the comments section, telling people to fuck off and stuff. I'll try to post screenshots.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Billie’s publicists and promotional and managers are probably gonna be shitting all night due to his IG tonight... 

I can't post any screenshots, but here are some of the comments and Billie's replies:

Somebody said: "I love how nobody loses their shit about how Kim Jong 1) literally made the same threat hours before trump 2) is the reason all those innocent people are starving 3) threatens the rest of the world 4) has active death camps. But no by all means trumps the real villain here u guys"

Billie's response: "go fuck your self you fucking keyboard coward. You don't know what the fuck you're talking about. No one is coming for you you paranoid fool. This is your president making threats of mass destruction. Wake up or get the fuck off my instagram"

Somebody else said: "shut the absolute fuck up ok? Your supposed to be a punk, your a songwriter. You have the freedom to talk about what you like but it's like bringing politics up to a dinner table. Your really getting me on edge man I'm a good fan of yours, hell Dave grohl can take your spot easy"

Billie's response: "Like I said before . If you have a problem with what I believe then fuck off." Then Billie commented again saying: "ps. Dave Grohl thinks you're an idiot too"

I get he’s standing for what he believes in and that’s cool but from business standpoint an artist is never ever supposed to tell a fan or any public to go fuck themselves I hope his promo and managers have plenty pepto on hand 😂😂 

Man, he's really fucking angry. He's absolutely losing it. Part of me is so fucking proud of ma boy, but part of me knows that some of this is gonna reflect so badly on him.:cry:

1 minute ago, WhiteTim said:

I get he’s standing for what he believes in and that’s cool but from business standpoint an artist is never ever supposed to tell a fan or any public to go fuck themselves I hope his promo and managers have plenty pepto on hand 😂😂 

They’ve never been an easy band to manage they’re not going to start now. 

I just don’t know what to say. I feel his pain, fear and frustration over this administration I really do. Every day I wake up hoping that Trump is gone by whatever means, he gets scarier by the day. I get why Billie would rant this is really freaking him out but I don’t know if it makes him feel better or worse by responding to people this way. I don’t care about his image, I just don’t want to see him give himself a heart attack over it. Aren’t there more productive ways to work towards peace (and impeachment)? 

25 minutes ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

Man, he's really fucking angry. He's absolutely losing it. Part of me is so fucking proud of ma boy, but part of me knows that some of this is gonna reflect so badly on him.:cry:

I really don’t think so. In the scheme of things, Billie telling Trump supporters to fuck off in the comments of his own Instagram are not going to hurt him or the band. Especially with what Trump tweeted today and what is going to be revealed about him in the coming months. I think people are more likely to be asking why more people weren’t so adamant about this disgrace of a president. Plus, he’s a punk.

25 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

They’ve never been an easy band to manage they’re not going to start now. 

I disagree they aren’t aren’t that hard to manage at all up til iheart they never really had a real huge controversy sure they’ve had some minor stuff but nothing really huge 

yes Billie has said some shit at concerts but until Youtube really hit concerts didn’t have a huge reach to people weren’t there as people hunting down bootlegs weren’t that high but they have advertise Billie’s IG where fans and non fans can view and his “shut the fuck up get the fuck out of here” etc is bad from a business/marketing standpoint these comments have a much better chance of gaining press (be it good or bad is up to people’s viewpoints) much more than a random concert YouTube clip 

10 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

I really don’t think so. In the scheme of things, Billie telling Trump supporters to fuck off in the comments of his own Instagram are not going to hurt him or the band. Especially with what Trump tweeted today and what is going to be revealed about him in the coming months. I think people are more likely to be asking why more people weren’t so adamant about this disgrace of a president. Plus, he’s a punk.

I didn't say it would hurt him or the band,  I meant it more in the sense that its gonna be painful to see any backlash or extra negativity towards Billie from people like Tump supporters when most of Billie's comments can be justified, and we know he's trying to do the right thing.

36 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

I disagree they aren’t aren’t that hard to manage at all up til iheart they never really had a real huge controversy sure they’ve had some minor stuff but nothing really huge 

yes Billie has said some shit at concerts but until Youtube really hit concerts didn’t have a huge reach to people weren’t there as people hunting down bootlegs weren’t that high but they have advertise Billie’s IG where fans and non fans can view and his “shut the fuck up get the fuck out of here” etc is bad from a business/marketing standpoint these comments have a much better chance of gaining press (be it good or bad is up to people’s viewpoints) much more than a random concert YouTube clip 

If some of the stuff he said about Trump during concerts didn’t get press, I don’t think a few responses on Instagram are going to. Now if it was Kim Kardashian responding, different story.

24 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

If some of the stuff he said about Trump during concerts didn’t get press, I don’t think a few responses on Instagram are going to. Now if it was Kim Kardashian responding, different story.

Again you must not have read the theres a difference between concerts and IG also he didn’t tell fans to shut the fuck up or insulted them during the concerts either

26 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

Again you must not have read the theres a difference between concerts and IG also he didn’t tell fans to shut the fuck up or insulted them during the concerts either

I just really don’t think it’s going to have a negative impact, that’s all I’m saying. I think he expressed what a lot of people would like to say to people defending Trump online. We live in a very weird time.

Just chiming in to say I'm so proud of him for that post and his responses to those comments :) . He's been building up to this and I'm not surprised he finally flat out told certain fans to fuck off. I wish more of the artists I listen to had the guts to unapologetically speak their views and, even the ones who do, often don't have the guts to tell fans to fuck off if they're gonna support someone like Trump. I'm practically giddy I'm so happy to see his comments :runaround:.

This won't have any grand negative consequence to his career.  He's literally telling people to get off his Instagram and they're still on there driving him nuts and "threatening" to leave. The people who willfully ignore who he is and what the band represents will throw their fits and still listen to dookie on their spotify tomorrow. And I doubt their management is even batting an eye at this. He's not some pop star who's never spoken about politics before. They'll have a laugh (if they see it at all) and move on.

9 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

I just really don’t think it’s going to have a negative impact, that’s all I’m saying. I think he expressed what a lot of people would like to say to people defending Trump online. We live in a very weird time.

Maybe not but from a business standpoint not something the business people want or like first rule to artists is never attack the public I’m just speaking from a business standpoint 

Yeah there is really no negative side to this. Everyone knows Billie Joe's politics. The people who are going to be pissed off about it didn't agree with him from the start so it's another thing to be upset about for the sake of being upset.

11 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

Maybe not but from a business standpoint not something the business people want or like first rule to artists is never attack the public I’m just speaking from a business standpoint 

It's bad business for Ed Sheeran to do that or Ryan Gosling. With Billie Joe it's expected. And he can't get these people to go away even by telling them to fuck off. No one's gonna care all that much. I've worked for artists who've told fans to fuck off before when they're saying ignorant things and it got zero public attention because they've always been outspoken in politics. I don't expect this to get very much either. At most, it'll end up on all those bs clickbait sites that love to make news stories out of tweets.

20 minutes ago, gaslight13 said:

It's bad business for Ed Sheeran to do that or Ryan Gosling. With Billie Joe it's expected. And he can't get these people to go away even by telling them to fuck off. No one's gonna care all that much. I've worked for artists who've told fans to fuck off before when they're saying ignorant things and it got zero public attention because they've always been outspoken in politics. I don't expect this to get very much either. At most, it'll end up on all those bs clickbait sites that love to make news stories out of tweets.

Umm sorry to break this to you but Ed Sheeran and Ryan Gosling is all in the same business as Billie and if your marketing or management people is telling an entertainer that it’s smart to insult fans publicly they need to be fired ASAP 

2 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

Umm sorry to break this to you but Ed Sheeran and Ryan Gosling is all in the same business as Billie and if your marketing or management people is telling an entertainer that it’s smart to insult fans publicly they need to be fired ASAP 

If marketing and management teams are giving all the same advice to Ed Sheeran as they are Billie Joe Armstrong then they should probably be fired for that as well. Same business does not = same approach.  I'm not suggesting that anyone should recommend to Billie that he go after fans, of course that's not great (business-wise), but he doesn't need to tip toe around every comment he writes like the biggest pop stars in the world do. Ed Sheeran needs to stay as neutral as possible right now so he can keep appealing to everyone and so one bad tweet doesn't go viral and end his career. Billie Joe has always spoken his mind, and sometimes people aren't gonna like what he has to say, this is not new and it's not something he should change. Being himself has worked for him and part of that means he might piss people off sometimes but, chances are, they're a small percentage and it'll make some of the other fans like him more. Either way, he's not going to be trending over this AKA "No one's gonna care all that much".

I'm not from United States so therefore I can't really understand this Trump-hate or Trump-love: All I know is that he is maybe the most controversial President of United States ever in US history. I can see that Billie Joe is really scared as fuck or atleast freaked out about his president and this is the reaction from it. Maybe when he has calmed down he'll do apology post and continue on.. or bash more people and then things are starting to get more interesting :D I don't know. Billie Joe is known for his politics and this shouldn't be any news from it. 

Hate to say it but Green Day/Billie isn't nearly relevant enough for this to be a news story at all. It's him getting his aggression out on morons in his comments, there's no reason to overthink it.

He's on the right track too, fuck Trump and fuck any idiot that still supports him

23 minutes ago, gaslight13 said:

If marketing and management teams are giving all the same advice to Ed Sheeran as they are Billie Joe Armstrong then they should probably be fired for that as well. Same business does not = same approach.  I'm not suggesting that anyone should recommend to Billie that he go after fans, of course that's not great (business-wise), but he doesn't need to tip toe around every comment he writes like the biggest pop stars in the world do. Ed Sheeran needs to stay as neutral as possible right now so he can keep appealing to everyone and so one bad tweet doesn't go viral and end his career. Billie Joe has always spoken his mind, and sometimes people aren't gonna like what he has to say, this is not new and it's not something he should change. Being himself has worked for him and part of that means he might piss people off sometimes but, chances are, they're a small percentage and it'll make some of the other fans like him more. Either way, he's not going to be trending over this AKA "No one's gonna care all that much".

True and to be fair I don’t recall saying it’s over for Billie or that it’s even going to be a huge thing I’m just posting just that from a business standpoint it’s not a smart/wise move he did publicly sorry I’ve been retired from the music business for some years but I still think in that sense so forgive my posts 

34 minutes ago, MiksuSH said:

I'm not from United States so therefore I can't really understand this Trump-hate or Trump-love: All I know is that he is maybe the most controversial President of United States ever in US history. I can see that Billie Joe is really scared as fuck or atleast freaked out about his president and this is the reaction from it. Maybe when he has calmed down he'll do apology post and continue on.. or bash more people and then things are starting to get more interesting :D I don't know. Billie Joe is known for his politics and this shouldn't be any news from it. 

The sad thing is that this is not only about Trump-hate or Trump-love. This is about a possible nuclear war that could be right around the corner and it will affect ALL of us, not only the USA. Those two bastards struggling over who has the bigger dick, oh sorry, bomb, could start a third world war. So yes, Billie has every right to be angry and to tell ignorant people to fuck off on his own IG account. Fuck marketing.

• Hermione locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived