'Back In The USA' video

Paola17

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did not know Billie was still capable of looking like Warning Billie but apparently he is! :lol:

8 minutes ago, RougeRogue said:

I did not know Billie was still capable of looking like Warning Billie but apparently he is! :lol:

I actually had to go back and watch the video for Waiting he looks so good in it. I had forgotten that the video was the first to use the mixing slow motion effects before Sam did it in American Idiot.

Wasn't overly interested in the song but the video is the best video they have done in years. It really is a great video.

I wonder how they found these directors.  They totally got the song.  So glad they didn’t use Sam Bayer. I like Sam but can you imagine the crazy artistic shit he would have done?

This is the first Green Day song I've been genuinely, completely infatuated with since the first time I heard Stay The Night. It's nice to feel a bit of excitement about new Green Day again, cause this is really nice. Great concept for a video, very well executed too. Happy.:dance:

Cool video!  I've only watched it two times but I'm having trouble following the plot. 

What do the glasses make them see?  

Are the glasses that Billie wears different from the rest?  Why does he put them on the camera?  

Are the glasses good things or bad things?   

Is this going to be a single or no?  

6 minutes ago, Too Dumb to Die(s) said:

Cool video!  I've only watched it two times but I'm having trouble following the plot. 

What do the glasses make them see?  

Are the glasses that Billie wears different from the rest?  Why does he put them on the camera?  

Are the glasses good things or bad things?   

Is this going to be a single or no?  

It's a simple enough plot.

The glasses make you see through the lies and see the truth.

Billie puts the glasses over the camera so everyone watching the TVs can see the truth.

7 minutes ago, Alan86 said:

It's a simple enough plot.

The glasses make you see through the lies and see the truth.

Billie puts the glasses over the camera so everyone watching the TVs can see the truth.

Thanks.  I got it in my head that the glasses were brainwashing people when it was actually the opposite.     

God I fucking just fell in love with this band all over again in the last 24 hours and this video is just the proof that I should never underestimate these guys. This is gold. I want to kiss their faces for this one. I really didn't think they still had it in them. Fucking brilliant. I'm beyond delighted. Yes boys YES!!! :runaround:

@desertrose He'll only resign if he sees it. I already said this in the thread on the whole release but we ought to send it to him. I already did but it's going to take a lot more people I think. 

The video kinda reminds me of the movie "they live". They guy is the movie has sunglasses that can see the world for what it truly is. In fact theres a few nods to that movie in this video.

55 minutes ago, CarnageXB said:

The video kinda reminds me of the movie "they live". They guy is the movie has sunglasses that can see the world for what it truly is. In fact theres a few nods to that movie in this video.

huh, that's interesting. I need to check that movie out now. it really reminded me of the movie Pleasantville, ya'know where they slip in new ideas to people and they start to experience the world in color

6 minutes ago, TimmyChunks said:

If I had a religion it'd be this video. I feel like a born again Green Day fan. And I never went away.

CAN I GET AN AMEN!!!!!!!!  

20131021040341162.jpg

21 minutes ago, Jesus of Seneca said:

huh, that's interesting. I need to check that movie out now. it really reminded me of the movie Pleasantville, ya'know where they slip in new ideas to people and they start to experience the world in color

Yes. pleasantville as well. Got that feeling too. They live is more a future movie. Cheesy though. 

I definitely think this is one of the best videos they've made in a long time! And Billie Joe in the argyle sweater vest was a nice sight to see :D

I was hesitant to watch it because all I've seen all day was "oohhhh Green Day are sooo political bashing Trump like that" and after a while, you just get tired of politics being everywhere, left and right, and you'd rather listen to the twenty teenage romance songs they've written instead just to split up the pattern for a bit.

I watched it, and loved it right away. Tbh, it didn't feel like bashing Trump or any specific political figure - it just felt like them calling out all the bullshit that goes on behind the scenes in the government, and it's a nice breath of air. The song is catchy and the lyrics are like a smack to the face in the best possible way. They hit home for me more than that of American Idiot's. 

I love the 'good ol fashioned americana' vibe they had going with it, it catches your attention visually and keeps you engaged because all you know is that a traveling saleswoman sold Billie some technicolor sunglasses and the rest is history. 

Also, how did Tre not know his hair was blue the entire time? :lol: 

Archived