'Back In The USA' video

Paola17

Remember this summer when we were (well, I was) fangirling over Billie's "punch a nazi" speeches and hoping he'd be inspired to write some kickass topical music? It's happening now :wub:

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously everyone, make sure you give 'They Live' (or any john Carpenter film for that matter) a watch!

Seeing my favourite band collide with one of my favourite movies was quite a trip!

Best video anyone's done in a good while, even if the song is kinda nothingy to me.

This morning I was making coffe while I saw Jeff's tweet (thank you man) about the video. I was like "what?!" :runaround:
This video is brillant! I love it so much. I wish it was longer :lol:

Instant classic and everything I love about Green Day!!!  💚💚💚💚💚💚  Funny, silly, honest, truthful, bouncy, catchy and the video could have come straight out of Nimrod. This is the best of everything Green Day has to offer and it has got me so pumped for the next album!!!!!!  They struck the perfect balance here of serious and goofy and that is not easy to do. Wake up America!!  Now where do I buy those truth glasses?  I need to watch this again and again and again...

(I forgot I love that little fuck you smirk he gives at the end) :wub:

Don’t forget to post links to social media. This video deserves to be spread around! 🎸🤘🎸🤘🎸🤘🎸🤘🎸

So yesterday I rated Back In The USA a 3.5 after watching the video it’s been bumped up to a 4.5 

2 hours ago, herewegoagain said:

Hahaha that's what I thought as well. But Jenn suggested it looks like him and I can't unsee/stop thinking about it :lol:

You ratted me out :lol: To be fair I was kind of half looking for the other three guys making cameos and I thought that might have been Jeff but it is hard to tell without the hair in his face :tired: 

1 hour ago, Josh100_3 said:

Seriously everyone, make sure you give 'They Live' (or any john Carpenter film for that matter) a watch!

Seeing my favourite band collide with one of my favourite movies was quite a trip!

And... Prince of Darkness too, haha! :dance:

This video is perfection! I love it! The song is fine, but not great hit. Nevertheless, the video compensates for the song. I love everything about it:  GD acting, the 50s, the goofyness, the political message, the Pleasantville inspiration, the direct attack on Trump, ... Love! Love! Love! :dance::wub::D

And looking at the video, we can now understand why Billie had his hair cut very short on the sides and a little bit longer on the top. It's a typical haircut from the 50s and I never thought about it before (shame on me the historian that I'm for not figured out earlier).

57 minutes ago, ¡Jenn! said:

You ratted me out :lol: To be fair I was kind of half looking for the other three guys making cameos and I thought that might have been Jeff but it is hard to tell without the hair in his face :tired: 

Haha! Erm, excuse me, I was talking about Jenn, not ¡Jenn! :ninja:

But yeah I'm still not 100% convinced tbh, it wasn't intended as an accusation :D

4 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Ooh I just realized I hope they release a making of version for this video!

Oh that would be the cherry on top

is it just me or does BITUSA remind u also a bit of "a day in the life" ?

I woke up to a bitter storm 

I read the news today oh boy

2 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

(I forgot I love that little fuck you smirk he gives at the end) :wub:

You can almost hear him thinking, "Where's the button that makes you go away?". :)

37 minutes ago, Thatsername said:

This one deserves to go viral so, so much. 

I'm worried it won't get out there at all. I expected like 50 google alerts this morning about it but almost nothing. 

Know I made the thread and all but it's been about 11 hours since its release and I still haven't watched it...

1 hour ago, Thatsername said:

This one deserves to go viral so, so much. 

Help it out! Post it everywhere!!

Every time someone writes BITUSA I read it like a word, "bitusa". The title isn't even that long and I don't like it :P 

Liking the video more and more, it's really good. The video > the song.

I honestly really enjoy both the video and the song a lot. My only complaint is i wish they were longer haha. If the song had a bridge and maybe a short solo and was about a minute longer I'd love that. And maybe during the solo it shows "President trump" off screen freaking out about whats happening.

12 minutes ago, Austrian_Insomniac said:

why ignores me everyone

Sometimes people will have something to say in response to your post and sometimes they won't, or sometimes it'll take longer than other times, just the way it goes. No one gets replies to all their posts, keep posting and you'll probably get some :) 

I don't notice a similarity to A Day in the Life, that's why I didn't reply haha

I was not expecting the video to be anything like this (idk what I was expecting tbh, but definitely not this:lol:), but it is absolute perfection.:wub: It's my fave GD music video by far. It's a pretty goofy video, but has a serious political message, and they pulled that off perfectly. I just really really hope that this has some kind of impact - people need to see it.

2 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Sometimes people will have something to say in response to your post and sometimes they won't, or sometimes it'll take longer than other times, just the way it goes. No one gets replies to all their posts, keep posting and you'll probably get some :) 

I don't notice a similarity to A Day in the Life, that's why I didn't reply haha

thank u, sorry that i am a bit weird haha.. i dont get why it remins me of the song.. :) 

thats why i asked.. sorry again but 

maybe its the 

"i read the news today" -> "i woke up to a bitter storm" 

and then the "explanation in both songs "the english army had just won the war"  -> "noahs ark.."

idk

Archived