'Back In The USA' video

Paola17

Awesome video.  Brilliant message, clearly and neatly delivered.  Loving how the boys looks, everything about it.  If I'd wanted the song to be longer before, I would love the video to be twice as long.  10/10  Love that they pulled this out of the hat.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They need to change the thumbnail to "The Man-child Monster" and it will get them more views surely !!

d45knwE.jpg

I love this video and it totally makes up for the song not being the best thing ever :P

Oh my god GD acting :runaround::lol::woot::wub: . I mean the whole punk band as clean cut 50's Americans thing has been done a million times before :P, but it's done well with a clever twist with the magic sunglasses, and the Trump monster is a nice bold touch. Great message and kudos to them for doing full on acting in it, it's hilarious!

Watch out, Donald, they are coming for you! 

I love the video. It's funny yet very serious and it makes me feel like there is more political stuff to come. And that would be awesome. An ambitious, political album, a bit like AI...

It also reminded me of the movie Pleasantville. Best video in years! 

Me: You have to watch GD's new video & you will see why ladies think BJ is hot.

Hubby: Do chicks think he's hot.

Me: OMG yes.

We watch video - gets to the end when BJ smirks.

Me: Hot

Hubby: I don't get chicks

:ga:

It's................. perfect??? :lol: I was getting over the song being too short, that's the only sad part, but wowow. If there was any doubt about them going political with the song it is gone. Just awesome, I love them  :wub: 

Just now, SHART said:

Me: You have to watch GD's new video & you will see why ladies think BJ is hot.

Hubby: Do chicks think he's hot.

Me: OMG yes.

We watch video - gets to the end when BJ smirks.

Me: Hot

Hubby: I don't get chicks

:ga:

I don't get your hubby

1 minute ago, herewegoagain said:

It's................. perfect??? :lol: I was getting over the song being too short, that's the only sad part, but wowow. If there was any doubt about them going political with the song it is gone. Just awesome, I love them  :wub: 

I don't get your hubby

He also added something else but I better not type that:happy:

Sick of trump but i like the style of video. Song is not so good,not so bad . It 's not to be compared with other b-sides like shenanigans where every song is actually great.

Honestly my favourite videos are the ones where they act, I love this one so much :D and I am also really pleased by the fact they included people of colour in the video. And all the flags as a backdrop was a nice touch too. 

Brilliant video! It’s political without getting too serious, too heavy. It’s more than I could have ever hoped for. So, so proud of our boys. I love the Pleasantville reference too. Great job everyone involved. 👍

20 minutes ago, ¡Jenn! said:

Honestly my favourite videos are the ones where they act, I love this one so much :D and I am also really pleased by the fact they included people of colour in the video. And all the flags as a backdrop was a nice touch too. 

Shame they picked the wrong scandinavian flag :shifty:

I love how the first thing Billie does in the video is spill coffee. Also if anyone would like to weigh in on whether that strange looking man WITHOUT emo hair down his face behind the camera is actually Jeff that'd be great

2 hours ago, AimieeSmith said:

They need to change the thumbnail to "The Man-child Monster" and it will get them more views surely !!

Too bad that @Steven Seagull isn't here anymore, this would be a perfect new profile pic for him :happy:

40 minutes ago, herewegoagain said:

Shame they picked the wrong scandinavian flag :shifty:

I love how the first thing Billie does in the video is spill coffee. Also if anyone would like to weigh in on whether that strange looking man WITHOUT emo hair down his face behind the camera is actually Jeff that'd be great

Jeff would never get rid of his emo hair, so it couldn't be him :cry: Such a shame, he would be perfect in this role! 

10 minutes ago, JellyTime said:

Jeff would never get rid of his emo hair, so it couldn't be him :cry: Such a shame, he would be perfect in this role! 

Hahaha that's what I thought as well. But Jenn suggested it looks like him and I can't unsee/stop thinking about it :lol:

4 minutes ago, herewegoagain said:

Hahaha that's what I thought as well. But Jenn suggested it looks like him and I can't unsee/stop thinking about it :lol:

There's some similarity, but the man behind the camera doesn't look like he's pissed off, so it's another proof it's not Jeff :lol: 

The best thing about it is that was unexpected and brillant. We didn't see that vídeo was in production (hehehe) and what a suprise, best vídeo in a long time.

PS: Green Day, I want a new album now!!!!! :)

4 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

This video is like peak late-90's tongue-in-cheek Green Day. This video is already one of my favorites.

I was thinking the same thing! this wouldn't have been out of place in the nimrod era

Archived