Green Day Q&A Thread

Liam

These kind of lengths do not matter anyway :P

They're not the lengths people are interested in, if you catch my drift.
  • Like 2

Yeah pretty sure that's about right, Tre is shorter than Billie. Of course it's important :P

They're not the lengths people are interested in, if you catch my drift.

Although that's no mystery in Billie's case

I know that Billie isn't taller than me, and my dumb doctors told me twice I was 5'6" and I still refuse to believe him.

I know that Billie isn't taller than me, and my dumb doctors told me twice I was 5'6" and I still refuse to believe him.

I'm 5'3" and Billie is just barely taller than me :P

It was just in their biographies from 2007 I was bored so I checked it out at the library they were wrong about a couple things maybe they were wrong about the height.

It's free speech...so can someone explain it to me :o ? That sounds damn right stupid.

Free speech means the government won't shut you up. The government doesn't have anything to do with Walmart selling edited CDs.

Draven :) I'm not sure, but I think it's this model: http://www.draven.com/shop-guys/wayne

I want them. :runaround:

nevermind feets get me lost anyway

Im 5,6 so appareantly I am a dwarf... and no its not tall, but would it be average?

Dwarves would be under or around 130 cm tall as adults. There are two conditions causing dwarfism, one of which is a rare one called spondyloepiphyseal dysplasia congenita and the other, more common is achondroplasia. The rarer one has a dominant gene, so if people with different conditions marry, their children are more likely to have SED than achondroplasia.

You're about 5 cm taller than me and I'm not a dwarf, so you aren't, either. ;)

• Like 1

What is this recording from? It's obviously not a 1993 demo

Sounds like they took the vocals from rock band and mixed em over someone playing guitar

Dwarves would be under or around 130 cm tall as adults. There are two conditions causing dwarfism, one of which is a rare one called spondyloepiphyseal dysplasia congenita and the other, more common is achondroplasia. The rarer one has a dominant gene, so if people with different conditions marry, their children are more likely to have SED than achondroplasia.

You're about 5 cm taller than me and I'm not a dwarf, so you aren't, either. ;)

Thanks for the clarification ;)

I have a new question: does anyone know who wrote Drama Queen? Was it Tré, Mike, or Billie Joe or someone outside of Green Day because I'm pretty sure Misery was written by someone else

I have a new question: does anyone know who wrote Drama Queen? Was it Tré, Mike, or Billie Joe or someone outside of Green Day because I'm pretty sure Misery was written by someone else

Why do you think Misery was written by someone else?

Billie wrote Drama Queen. As for Misery, the whole band has credit for the lyrics. I'm not sure what links the two songs or where you got that from, though.

Billie wrote Drama Queen. As for Misery, the whole band has credit for the lyrics. I'm not sure what links the two songs or where you got that from, though.

I got an impression he thinks that Misery was written by someone who's not in the band? And I'd like to know where he got this thought from but then again he thought Billie auditioned for Slipknot so I don't know anymore :P

I got an impression he thinks that Misery was written by someone who's not in the band? And I'd like to know where he got this thought from but then again he thought Billie auditioned for Slipknot so I don't know anymore :P

Maybe because it doesn't sound like typical Green Day? Then again, a lot of Warning doesn't, so...

Maybe because it doesn't sound like typical Green Day? Then again, a lot of Warning doesn't, so...

If I was Billie I would took it as an insult that when I write an atypical song people think it wasn't my song at alll...

Anyway that's why Warning is my favourite.

If I was Billie I would took it as an insult that when I write an atypical song people think it wasn't my song at alll...

Anyway that's why Warning is my favourite.

I can kind of understand it in a way. I mean, to go from Dookie and Insomniac to suddenly coming back with something as diverse as Nimrod must have been a bit of a shock for fans at the time.

I can kind of understand it in a way. I mean, to go from Dookie and Insomniac to suddenly coming back with something as diverse as Nimrod must have been a bit of a shock for fans at the time.

I guess so too. But that was the thing that made it possible that they became as great as they were...like if you take no risks, you cannot really get that much. And I imagine some early fans were alienated and some still think stuff after Imsomniac aren't really that good.

But personally most of my favourite bands are those whose music and sound changed a bit on nearly every album...which I guess is true when it comes to Green Day

Edit. Damn typos & the mobile version of the forum

• Like 1

I guess so too. But that was the thing that made it possible that they became as great as they were...like if you take no risks, you cannot really get that much. And I imagine some early fans were alienated and some still think stuff after Imsomniac aren't really that good.

But personally most of my favourite bands are those whose music and sound changed a bit on nearly every album...which I guess is true when it comes to Green Day

Edit. Damn typos & the mobile version of the forum

sound changes in every album but there's one thing which doesn't change and that is Billie's voice.. from Dookie to warning from nimrod to american idiot from 21CBD to Tre, but in DOS *_*

• Like 2

sound changes in every album but there's one thing which doesn't change and that is Billie's voice.. from Dookie to warning from nimrod to american idiot from 21CBD to Tre, but in DOS *_*

Yes, his voice still sounds the same, but as a singer he has improved a lot. Especially when singing live. Nowadays he is much more versatile singer than when they did Dookie and Imsomniac.

And nowadays sometimes you even can comprehend what he is singing :lol:

• Like 4

Yes, his voice still sounds the same, but as a singer he has improved a lot. Especially when singing live. Nowadays he is much more versatile singer than when they did Dookie and Imsomniac.

And nowadays sometimes you even can comprehend what he is singing :lol:

i still remember some of the concerts where mike was the one who took on microphone and the thing billie did was singing .. especially during their dookie tour!!...... but everything has changed.. ""SECOND DAY IS ALWAYS BETTER THAN THE FIRST!!::""..

Misery almost sounds like it was written by Tom Waits. Billie was definitely listening to Rain Dogs when he came up with that one.

• Hermione changed the title to Green Day Q&A Thread
  • lizziebix pinned this topic