Green Day Q&A Thread

Liam

Kathleen Hannah started riot girl movement Green Day hasn't started a thing... She trumps Green Day...

Lol Green Day revived punk in the 90's and led to a ton of bands in the pop-punk genre. TBH, while the riot girl movement was great for woman, I personally don't think it produced anything that good.

Lol Green Day revived punk in the 90's and led to a ton of bands in the pop-punk genre. TBH, while the riot girl movement was great for woman, I personally don't think it produced anything that good.

Actually Nirvana are a punk band and Nevermind has outsold every cd GD has put out

Now GD did revive the pop punk but GD has never created a movement they are followers...

Followers will never beat a leader...

• Like 1

Actually Nirvana are a punk band and Nevermind has outsold every cd GD has put out

Now GD did revive the pop punk but GD has never created a movement they are followers...

Followers will never beat a leader...

The Ramones were basically the first punk band, but they're certainly not the best.

Anyone know why Green Day got that girl to sing "Nobody Likes You" on Letterbomb?

It's supposed to be the voice of Whatsername.

That girl is Kathleen Hannah a punk legend...

That wasn't his question.

• Like 2

The Ramones were basically the first punk band, but they're certainly not the best.

Ever heard of MC5?

• Like 1

Its impossible to say who the first punk band is. There would of been bands that never made it out of local clubs, they played punk music, even if it wasn't called punk music. The only thing you can say is who the first bands were that were recognised as playing the genre and even that can get tricky, as a genre needs to have more then just one artist otherwise its not a genre so no one band can be listed.

• Like 1

There's no "first" punk band because there's no one spot where protopunk became punk. It's a gradient.

• Like 2

They weren't the first, but what's great about them is they never really lost their sound or changed very much. They were always just "punk" while other bands like The Clash and Green Day and Rancid experiment and mix into other genres, the Ramones always stayed the same
  • Like 1

They weren't the first, but what's great about them is they never really lost their sound or changed very much. They were always just "punk" while other bands like The Clash and Green Day and Rancid experiment and mix into other genres, the Ramones always stayed the same

What genre would you put that as? I know it's not punk, I certainly overlooked that one.

That's old school pop man. Plain and simple. That's all Johnny Ramone ever listened to.

That's old school pop man. Plain and simple. That's all Johnny Ramone ever listened to.

^^^^ This

Yeah I haven't listened to this in a while :thumbsup:

Edited by Not Anyone.
Please don't quote videos

Okay, that makes sense. I'm not very familiar with old school pop.

OMG stop posting Billie's personal contact details guys!

Oh... good you mention this, I was just about to post their real telephone and smartphone numbers... that was close... :shok:

• Like 1

Anyone have any video or youtube links of Billie putting a sticker on blue during a song?

Ex:

• Like 1

Was it a telephone number? :lol:

The only thing that was real in the # I posted was the area code was Oakland the rest was totally fake 555 numbers exist only in movies and tv

The only thing that was real in the # I posted was the area code was Oakland the rest was totally fake 555 numbers exist only in movies and tv

I managed to trace the number you posted back to an individual house in Oakland, which is the only reason I deleted it :P

I managed to trace the number you posted back to an individual house in Oakland, which is the only reason I deleted it :P

Damn well I'll be...

I wonder when Hollywood lost that...

It was a 555 number - totally real :P

Thanks, yes, I traced the telephone number back, too, ´cause I was curious, what you guys were fooling about again. :D What I actually was asking for was the sticker Billie Joe put on his guitar. Was that a telephone number, too? Or another American foolish joke? ;)

• Hermione changed the title to Green Day Q&A Thread
  • lizziebix pinned this topic