Random Green Day News

Hermione

8 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Hey Dude, I know you like your Green Day podcasts like I do.  Here’s a new one that just came up where they discuss the legacy of Green Day

Thank you!  That'll be the next thing I listen to after rocking out to this new Weezer EP.    

• Like 1

On 6/18/2022 at 1:03 AM, jengd said:

Stumbled on this.

Is ‘loud’ his default setting ?

Anybody going to Glastonbury ? I think GD will appear …

31 minutes ago, cav9mm said:

Is ‘loud’ his default setting ?

Anybody going to Glastonbury ? I think GD will appear …

Yes to first one, hopefully to second.

In the last few weeks, when I'm browsing through comments of articles/photos about Green Day concerts on German Facebook or Twitter, I see many people writing "Haha, Billie looks more and more like Bastian Pastewka." Pastewka is a German comedian (a very good one and also a very nice guy IMO), but I really don't know if I see a resemblance here. Thoughts?

1548389066-bastian-pastewka-dpa-2hgDPsH5

Green-Day-Berlin-2022_30-622x415.jpg

P.S.: Sorry, wanted to post this in the random Green Day thoughts and got in the wrong thread, you can move it if you like :D

• Haha 3

Doesn't really look anything like him to me.

7 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

John Kiffmeyer and his sister are selling their parents’ house in Richmond, CA. The house is said to be where Green Day first played together and where Tre auditioned. I never heard about this house. 

https://www.sacbee.com/news/business/real-estate-news/article262642667.html

Didn't Tré joined the band on John's back? Why and how he would audition in John's house?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Alf said:

Didn't Tré joined the band on John's back? Why and how he would audition in John's house?

Billie has said before that John introduced them to Tre and was the one that suggested he fill in while he was at college. He just didn’t expect it to be permanent. It’s possible John’s playing up the Green Day connection to boost interest in the sale. Maybe they rehearsed there a few times in 1989-90 before their first tour like how Sweet Children used Billie’s mom’s house before.

• Like 1

Billie Joe Armstrong Tells Crowd He’s ‘Renouncing’ US Citizenship

"Fuck America," Armstrong said his during band’s Hella Mega tour headlining set in London. "I'm fucking renouncing my citizenship. I'm fucking coming here."

"There's just too much fucking stupid in the world to go back to that miserable fucking excuse for a country," the rocker continued. "Oh, I'm not kidding. You're going to get a lot of me [in the U.K] in the coming days."

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/billie-joe-armstrong-green-day-citizenship/

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

54 minutes ago, Slave To The Network said:

I know how awful it is here and how pissed off Billie is, for good reason (I'm horrified too), but I really hope he's not actually serious this time. I've always kind of took comfort in the fact that Green Day aren't all that far away from me and it will feel like a hole if they leave. I know that probably sounds ridiculous, but that's just the way I feel. I don't know how to describe it very well. The whole citizenship thing makes me feel weird too. He wouldn't be a fellow voter anymore. He wouldn't be able to use his "voice" to stand up for issues he believes in and against those he doesn't. Things can change, but it will require a lot of fighting. The more people to fight for what's right the better. Idk, sorry for rambling. It just fills me with a sense of dread when he says things like that even though I know it's not a big deal, even if he were serious.

The thing is, I don’t think this is about the US as much as he makes it out to be. He’ll be spending a lot of time in the UK because he’s going to have grandchildren there and he’ll want to see them. That’s a perfectly wholesome and understandable reason to move.

Also as a marketing asshole at heart, I have to appreciate how this got him trending on twitter after he already was trending because of the tiktok.

• Like 3

Why is the citizenship such a big thing to people in the US? In the comment sections, people take his words so personal, like Billie insulted everyone‘s families 😅

• Like 2

God bless BJ.

But the UK is possibly even worse at the moment, they are trying to deport immigrants to Rwanda FFS and are trying to breach international law in regards to the Northern Ireland Protocol.

Out of the frying pan into the fire …

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Beerjeezus said:

The thing is, I don’t think this is about the US as much as he makes it out to be. He’ll be spending a lot of time in the UK because he’s going to have grandchildren there and he’ll want to see them. That’s a perfectly wholesome and understandable reason to move.

Also as a marketing asshole at heart, I have to appreciate how this got him trending on twitter after he already was trending because of the tiktok.

Wait so is Joey living here/already has kids on the way?