Random Green Day News

Hermione

Green Day is ranked 14th for their 2005 performance of Boulevard of Broken Dreams for Rolling Stone's list of the 20 Best Opening Performances at the VMA's. They are also the photo that is on the front page that represents this article. http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/20-best-mtv-vmas-opening-performances-20140822/green-day-2005-20140822

• Like 1

... and I was looking up my dictionary ´cause I hoped "to bang" was a special American expression for something else but only for "to bang"... I´m so naive... :blush:

just watched a documentary about Green Day on History channel here in Italy..60 minutes, from Look for love to the Musical..Larry Livermore was there.. it was called just "Green Day" ..

• Like 3

I thought they did a respectable job at that performance. I liked their 2005 VMA performance better, but all things considered that one was still good.

At 3:33 they ask Steve Nesser what it's like to have BJA as a brother-in-law and I love his bored monotone "It's been like 20 years..." :lol:

• Like 4

At 3:33 they ask Steve Nesser what it's like to have BJA as a brother-in-law and I love his bored monotone "It's been like 20 years..." :lol:

if they're going to ask a question about him, get his damn name right!!! Haha :P Edited by Lone
Please don't quote videos.

Omg "It's definitely inspiring to have someone like that in the family" and they're showing clips of iheart in the background...

• Like 3

Omg "It's definitely inspiring to have someone like that in the family" and they're showing clips of iheart in the background...

Haha I know, WTF. Maybe in the skating community that was more inspirational than it is to most of us :P

What 1994 pop culture would you want to experience again for the first time?

After years of poorly received albums, reality TV appearances, and a jukebox musical, it’s safe to say that Green Day has spent whatever cultural cachet they ever had. But in 1994, there was nothing more dangerous, exotic, or tantalizing to me than the band’s mega-popular album Dookie. I mean, it even had a sort of swear word, right there in the title! Going back and listening to the album now, it sounds like Baby’s First Punk Album, but for 10-year-old me, raised exclusively on my dad’s old Paul Simon and Billy Joel records, it was the first intimation that music wasn’t just something you sang along to on car trips: it could be angry. More importantly, it could be cool.

http://www.avclub.com/article/what-1994-pop-culture-would-you-want-experience-ag-208286

So top ten albums now count as "poorly received", well then...

And albums that win the Best Rock Album Grammy. And a successful and critically acclaimed Broadway musical is great evidence of them losing their cultural cachet. And yeah they've made loads of reality TV appearances too. But the author is even unbearably snobby about the album he's supposed to be praising so the rest isn't much of a surprise.

The 100 Best Alternative Rock Songs of 1994

Green Day, "Longview"
"Longview" was like the bizarro "Smells Like Teen Spirit": sarcastic instead of solemn, literal instead of abstract, goofy instead of desperate. And like Nirvana's tune, it started its own revolution, albeit a much more lighthearted one: the punk rock revival that expressed the angst of millions of bored suburban kids. Most improbably, Green Day eventually made it all the way to Broadway with their American Idiot musical, but their snot-nosed characterization of disaffected youth coalesced on this breakout track. G.K.

http://www.spin.com/articles/100-best-alternative-rock-songs-1994-alt/?slide=98

Liam Gallagher took up the ice bucket challenge and decided to call out his estranged brother Noel to throw some cold water over himself, but this is likely to fuel the fire between the warring siblings. But what better opportunity to revisit some of Liams greatest quotes. Lets avit

5. On Green Days Billie Joe Armstrong: Fuck right off. Im not having him. I just dont like his head.

http://www.thelondoneconomic.com/2014/08/25/top-22-liam-gallagher-quotes/

As many of you may know, FXX is airing The Simpsons in its entirety including the movie. Two of the writers of the film - David Mirkin and Al Jean - were tweeting tidbits about the movie. I tweeted to them and got a response back from Al Jean.

I asked, "How were Green Day in terms of recording lines and then the theme song? Were they thrilled to be killed off?

Al Jean, "We flew up to SF to record them and they were really cool. Amazing guitar collection!"

Here's the link to our twitter conversation: https://twitter.com/AndyJardy/status/505507416667357184

Just thought this was worth mentioning. Pretty neat to hear from one of the writers!

• Like 4

Al Jean is the show runner executive producer former writer

But he was a writer for the movie, like the OP said.

• Like 1

• Hermione changed the title to Random Green Day News