Random Green Day News

Hermione

9 Songs To Hate Your Parents To

1. Green Day “Jesus of Suburbia”

“I’m the son of rage and love,” Billie Joe Armstrong sings to open this track off Green Day’s 2005 album, American Idiot, which is a very eloquent way of saying he was raised by bipolar parents. Armstrong, like many restless teenagers, is sick of it all: his mom, his stepfather, his hometown and his friends. He epitomizes the struggle of suburban kids, who are railing against boredom and alienation. The track solidified Green Day’s career as the band that makes you want to run away and defile your local mall’s bathroom in protest against the government or anything else that’s bumming you out. Grab those sharpies, kids.

http://radio.com/2014/08/01/9-songs-to-hate-your-parents-to-eminem-disturbed-lady-gaga/

• Like 1

Green Day’s 2005 album, American Idiot

There's a reason the tribute album was made this year...

• Like 1

This guy stuck in airport and sings to Boulevard of Broken Dreams

Published on Jul 21, 2014

What happens when you miss your flight and have to spend a night in the airport? Well pretty much this.

• Like 3

You also probably had have a lifelong crush on Billie Joe Armstrong and are still in awe of his ageless genes.

Sad, but true.

• Like 1

- Journal de Québec http://757.no-ip.biz/1zQbUO2

It's not everyday that you can see a rocker go to church. Following his participation at the Osheaga festival, where he accompanied on guitar group The Replacements, Green Day frontman Billie Joe Armstrong, was seen in downtown Montreal, walking on the boulevard René-Lévesque.

Near Mansfield, he entered a few minutes in the Cathedral Marie-Reine-du-Monde, which was then celebrated a mass. Upon his release, when we approached the singer has admitted to having enjoyed his experience Osheaga and he took advantage of the city a little before going to fly in the late afternoon.

1310934401601_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&st

• Like 1

Nah, I did an IP/Domain look-up on it and the domain was registered in '03 and last update was in '08. Nothing new, unfortunately :(

Well I know the domain was registered a while ago and I remember there actually being a website there.

According to Web Archive, it has said it since February of '07

Brb laughing for the rest of my life at Deryck Whibley.

yeah, they did a GREAT job researching :lol:

LOL the correction is hilarious:

CORRECTION

A previous version of this post incorectly spelled Billie Joe Armstrong, and Dexter Holland, and Adam Lazarra's name.

Oh my god, they changed it :lol:

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/2014-08-07/music/why-popular-music-needs-to-become-political-again/

Why Popular Music Needs To Become Political Again

In the 2000s, the tragedy of 9/11, the reality of fighting two wars, and the presidency of George W. Bush provided fodder for rage. The politically charged narrative of Green Day's smash "American Idiot" harnessed the spirit of Joe Strummer, railing against the hawkish political climate of the day, as well as vapid commercials and reality TV. The album was a tour de force that gloriously mocked the stupidity of our elected leaders and the apathy of the masses. But it also sold by the bucketload and relaunched the careers of the power punk trio.

• Like 1

'Arena size band' could be playing secret set at Reading Festival

The last major act to do a secret set was Green Day in 2012 who played an hour long set on the NME/Radio 1 Stage.

http://www.getreading.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/arena-size-band-could-playing-7584309

Green Day stickers in Rocksound out August 13

Elsewhere in the magazine, we've gone pop-punk mad, as we run down the 51 most essential pop-punk albums of all time. OF ALL TIME! But what album nabbed the top spot? Green Day? Blink-182? New Found Glory? The result might surprise you.

WANT FREE STICKERS? We've bagged up the new issue with a pop-punk sticker sheet, so now you can plaster All Time Low, Paramore, Green Day

http://www.rocksound.tv/news/read/rock-sound-191-revealed-the-story-of-how-neck-deep-won-warped-tour

Songs about War and Peace

Green Day - When September Ends

Originally written about frontman Billie Joe Armstrong The video for this song features a man who joins the US Marines and gets involved in the Iraq war.

http://www.xfm.co.uk/x-lists/songs-about-war-and-peace/

Firstly, none of them were all that obscure.

Maybe not to hardcore fans, but to "normal people" they probably are.

• Like 2

Also #2 can be ascertained just by reading #1 and knowing how old the band members are. Poor effort overall, you could find out most of this stuff just reading their Wikipedia page, and it'd be more accurate.

I think the laziness of #2 is what bothered me most.

Maybe not to hardcore fans, but to "normal people" they probably are.

Good point. I often forget what's common knowledge and what isn't.

• Hermione changed the title to Random Green Day News