Random Green Day News

Hermione

Anti-War Music Videos

Green Day, "Wake Me Up When September Ends" (2005)

Though Billie Joe Armstrong has explained that this 'American Idiot' single was written as a tribute to his late father, the video became iconic of the nation turning against the Iraq War. Lensed by 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' director Samuel Bayer, it's a moving short film about a young couple (Jamie Bell and Evan Rachel Wood) torn apart by war. Though the boyfriend enlists in the Marine Corps to help make the world safer for his better half, his horrifying tour in Iraq, during which his unit is attacked by insurgents, is juxtaposed with flash-forwards of his girlfriend mourning his death. Rather than promote politics, 'September' simply displays pain -- and is all the more powerful for it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/07/17/eddie-vedder-anti-war-letter-speech_n_5595495.html

Blossom Music Center History: Share memories of 'N Sync, Pearl Jam and other shows from the 1990s (Photo Gallery)

Green Day was on the verge of super stardom when the band performed at Blossom Music Center on Sept. 10, 1994.

http://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2014/07/blossom_music_center_history_s.html

23 in 23: The biggest acts to play at the NIA in the venue's 23 year history

Green Day - 2005

Green Day underwent a huge transformation and came back as the stadium-punk band we all know today, blasting out their modern hits Holiday and American Idiot.

It wasn’t the 30 plus songs we get these days but it was the first UK showing of the American Idiot album, as well as the first chance in a long time to hear the classics such as Basket Case.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/birminghams-national-indoor-arena-celebrates-7446958

Flashback Heart Attack have tweeted about the charity event with Billie again:

@FlashbackHeartA tweeted at 0:42 AM on Sat, Jul 19, 2014: No White House or Harp this weekend. Hooking up with Mr Armstrong and Mr Ness for a charity event tomorrow night.... http://t.co/GhmSzw6NCL (https://twitter.com/FlashbackHeartA/status/490280434069413888)

So I guess he will be playing with them this time? Or maybe not after their last claim that he was :lol:

• Like 1

Flashback Heart Attack have tweeted about the charity event with Billie again:

So I guess he will be playing with them this time? Or maybe not after their last claim that he was :lol:

I think the charity event is Pipeline To A Cure and it's tonight.

Yeah...wait and see as far as trusting Flashback Heart Attack. Another band member said Tre was going to be at the Pipeline to A Cure (which would be a first) and not Billie. Also according to tweets Billie is in New York (was yesterday) and rumor has it he may play with the Replacements tomorrow so it seems a bit unlikely. Basically I wouldn't get hyped over tweet by FHA anyway.

Just a little confused here. Flashback Heart Attack was the band Tre performed with a week ago or so, right? And now they're playing an event tonight that Billie might be at?

Just a little confused here. Flashback Heart Attack was the band Tre performed with a week ago or so, right? And now they're playing an event tonight that Billie might be at?

I think they just used an old photo because, as has been said, Billie's in NY for the Replacements gig tomorrow night.

Yeah they play at The Harp in Costa Mesa pretty much every weekend and a few times Tre has jammed with them (played six or seven songs). They also played Tre's birthday last year with Mike and Tre and Don Bronze tweeted that they will play Tre's wedding in October. Don Bronze also put on facebook that Tre was playing Pipeline to A Cure not Billie. Meanwhile one of the others says it's Billie. It's worth noting last week they tweeted they were playing The Harp with "2/3rds of Green Day" and it was just Tre. They also tweeted they were playing "Tre songs" whatever that means lol. Basically their tweets/facebook are unreliable central. They played Pipeline To A Cure last year and Mike Ness and Billie were there then so I wonder if they just assume it will be the same again.

I think they just used an old photo because, as has been said, Billie's in NY for the Replacements gig tomorrow night.

Isn't the Replacements gig in Kentucky though? :unsure: If he's in NY and has to fly there it seems even more unlikely he'll be playing with Flashback Heart Attack.

Isn't the Replacements gig in Kentucky though? :unsure: If he's in NY and has to fly there it seems even more unlikely he'll be playing with Flashback Heart Attack.

Well then, now I'm confused! :P But I agree that it's unlikely he'll be playing with FHA tonight if he needs to be in Kentucky tomorrow.

Isn't the Replacements gig in Kentucky though? :unsure:

Yes, the Forecastle Festival is held in Louisville, KY. The Replacements are scheduled to play on Sun, July 20 at 7:45 PM. :)

• Like 1

Yeah so Billie posted on IG and he is in Kentucky so as usual Flashback Heart Attack were wrong. Also Billie may or may not now be part of The Replacements depending on how much you wish to read into his little freak out hashtag haha.

• Like 2

Yeah so Billie posted on IG and he is in Kentucky so as usual Flashback Heart Attack were wrong. Also Billie may or may not now be part of The Replacements depending on how much you wish to read into his little freak out hashtag haha.

We'll have to wait and see if he's with them at any of their other summer concerts. Or not (more likely).

Blossom Music Center History: Share memories of 'N Sync, Pearl Jam and other shows from the 1990s (Photo Gallery)

Green Day was on the verge of super stardom when the band performed at Blossom Music Center on Sept. 10, 1994.

http://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2014/07/blossom_music_center_history_s.html

I'd die if they came back to Blossom... SO CLOSE TO ME! :cry:

Likewise, them being in Kentucky is way too close for me to mentally handle! I'll be there in two weeks... ugh. Shitty timing!

From Bleachers to Superheavy, Ranking Music’s Biggest Side and Solo Projects

Foxboro Hot Tubs
Years active:
2007-present
Who’s in it? It’s just Green Day in new clothes.
How different is it from their day job? Um, it’s not really that different at all? It’s a little bit punkier than the stuff the band had been producing in the mid-2000s, but definitely not quite as rocking as their earliest work.
Critical reception:Stop Drop and Roll is a holding-pattern disc — a way to keep things light as they ponder their next move in a high-stakes megacareer.” —Rolling Stone
Was it worth the distraction? If it let the Green Day guys clear their heads a bit, we’re all for it. Foxboro never really caught on with the masses, but the group’s “only” album is a well-constructed piece of the Green Day puzzle.

http://www.vulture.com/2014/07/ranking-musics-biggest-side-projects.html

The 10 smartest celebrities on Twitter, according to Time magazine

GREEN DAY

EAST BAY: By the Punx, For the Punx, About the Punx.

— Green Day (@GreenDay) June 3, 2014

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/the-10-smartest-celebrities-on-twitter-according-to-time-magazine/story-fn907478-1226994396597

13 Middle-School Dance Songs We Can’t Believe Were A Thing

13. “Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life)” by Green Day

The FEELS! This song had the magical ability to bring everyone within earshot together into a massive circle-shaped group slow dance huddle (you know what I’m talking about). During this powerful moment, you were absolutely certain that the people surrounding you would be your soulmates and true BFFs until you were a wrinkly 80 years old. You vaguely remember someone initiating a group hug — and then the music faded away and you were stuck in a smelly embrace with one real friend, an acquaintance, a frenemy, and that weird dude who picked his nose at lunch that one time.

http://www.mtv.com/news/1869696/school-dance-songs/

23 in 23: The biggest acts to play at the NIA in the venue's 23 year history

Green Day - 2005

Green Day underwent a huge transformation and came back as the stadium-punk band we all know today, blasting out their modern hits Holiday and American Idiot.

It wasn’t the 30 plus songs we get these days but it was the first UK showing of the American Idiot album, as well as the first chance in a long time to hear the classics such as Basket Case.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/birminghams-national-indoor-arena-celebrates-7446958

From Bleachers to Superheavy, Ranking Music’s Biggest Side and Solo Projects

Foxboro Hot Tubs

Years active: 2007-present

Who’s in it? It’s just Green Day in new clothes.

How different is it from their day job? Um, it’s not really that different at all? It’s a little bit punkier than the stuff the band had been producing in the mid-2000s, but definitely not quite as rocking as their earliest work.

Critical reception:Stop Drop and Roll is a holding-pattern disc — a way to keep things light as they ponder their next move in a high-stakes megacareer.” —Rolling Stone

Was it worth the distraction? If it let the Green Day guys clear their heads a bit, we’re all for it. Foxboro never really caught on with the masses, but the group’s “only” album is a well-constructed piece of the Green Day puzzle.

They must not've even done so much as looked at their Wikipedia page, it's not just "Green Day in new clothes" (there's 6 members) and the description of the music is completely inaccurate (they're 60s/garage style not the same but punkier). Useless.

• Like 4

They must not've even done so much as looked at their Wikipedia page, it's not just "Green Day in new clothes" (there's 6 members) and the description of the music is completely inaccurate (they're 60s/garage style not the same but punkier). Useless.

Hey now they researched a Rolling Stone quote that's good enough...

And isn't good enough good in 2014? Lol

Hey now they researched a Rolling Stone quote that's good enough...

And isn't good enough good in 2014? Lol

I'm afraid I can't abide these useless articles :lol:. Don't see the point in writing them if they're basically going to contain no information.

• Like 2

• Hermione changed the title to Random Green Day News