Random Green Day News

Hermione

That's not what the discussion is about, you need to read back. It was an Australian article posted a few weeks ago (I am crap with time but it feels like a weeks ago?) stating the Billie wasn't sober at the secret show over there. Then Andres had posted a picture of him with a drink...more discussion and then today the post where he had said during Soundwave in Australia that he had taken Quaaludes. So it was related to that article post not random discussion.

That's my point lol...we know he was taking drugs at that time anyway so who cares if he was taking rhopynol? He probably was given that he had that "giant baby rattle" bag or whatever so who cares. Point is it was probably true and we laughed at it as a joke.

Point is without knowing it wasn't a joke there's no point in worrying. And since we already know he was taking drugs anyway there's even less point in worrying. And come on the more recent quaaludes thing clearly sounds like a joke, and since we don't know otherwise again no point in worrying. And if any of it wasn't a joke it's not our business to speculate about anyway.

• Like 1

That's not what the discussion is about, you need to read back. It was an Australian article posted a few weeks ago (I am crap with time but it feels like a weeks ago?) stating the Billie wasn't sober at the secret show over there. Then Andres had posted a picture of him with a drink...more discussion and then today the post where he had said during Soundwave in Australia that he had taken Quaaludes. So it was related to that article post not random discussion.

That's my point lol...we know he was taking drugs at that time anyway so who cares if he was taking rhopynol? He probably was given that he had that "giant baby rattle" bag or whatever so who cares. Point is it was probably true and we laughed at it as a joke.

Where's this picture?

Where's this picture?

A few pages back. It's a picture with his sister and the drink is cut off but the guy who posted it claimed it was beer. Could have been non-alcoholic, who knows. It was from 2013 I think.

I'm sure he did we just didn't see

Tho his you worry rant during She in Chicago 94 could be seen as a problem to some folks

No, he did that at multiple shows before she in 94, so it wasn't a drug thing, it was a performance routine.
  • Like 1

No, he did that at multiple shows before she in 94, so it wasn't a drug thing, it was a performance routine.

Not that he wasn't still speeding balls at that show.
  • Like 2

Why does it even matter what pills he was taking and whether he was joking about it previously or not...? I get worrying about him and wondering how his sobriety is going, but I don't see how the details of the substances are even relevant, especially since he's in recovery now.

• Like 1

Well at Chicago he was fucked up...

Yes, he was. But just the rant doesn't justify that

Was Chicago the first time for the rant or not?

Was Chicago the first time for the rant or not?

It is the first recording of it, it could have been done at previous concerts though, the six shows between 11-04 and 11-18.

It is the first recording of it, it could have been done at previous concerts though, the six shows between 11-04 and 11-18.

The rant could be from the effects and Billie just liked it to carry over to other shows

Is there recordings of it used again I always liked it lol

5 Unusual American Music Documentaries to Stream for the 4th of July

Broadway Idiot with Billie Joe Armstrong (Hulu)

Green Day are one of the biggest rock bands in the world and one of the great American success stories. Their decision to make a concept album with American Idiot was ambitious, but turning it into a Broadway play was something else entirely. The doc takes you inside the staging and development of the play. It goes from the high-stakes moment of creating a new arrangement around their songs to actually sucking singer Billie Joe Armstrong in so fully that he executes a GRAMMY performance with the full Broadway cast and then appears in the show himself. Bonus points for noting that one of the three Broadway leads is Jim from The Newsroom, aka actor John Gallagher Jr.

http://radio.com/2014/07/02/american-music-documentaries-4th-of-july/

Katy Perry Plagiarized Music Christian Rap Group Claims

In fact, Green Day has been accused of plagiarism on a number of occasions including on big tracks like 21 Guns and American Idiot. Some listeners also complained that Boulevard of Broken Dreams used a very similar chord structure asWonderwall by Oasis.

http://guardianlv.com/2014/07/katy-perry-plagiarized-music-christian-rap-group-claims/

Yeah. LOOK AT ALL THE OVERREACTION!!

I think more GDCers freakout about possible freakouts than they actually freakout.

• Like 3

I think more GDCers freakout about possible freakouts than they actually freakout.

I can't wait for October!

A somewhat amusing Green Day mention in this joke interview with NOFX, from 2:05

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrNjUTkkJ38

• Like 3

Readers’ Choice

BEST BREAKFAST / LUNCH, BEST DINER, AND BEST LATE-NIGHT MUNCHIES

Rudy’s Can’t Fail Cafe

A few words about breakfast: green eggs and ham. Lunch: buffalo salad. Friday night dinner: Mr. Roadie’s fish and chips. And late night: chocolate shakes. Rudy’s Can’t Fail Cafe dabbles in a little bit of everything and does it all with flair, from omelets, scrambles, and towering hash-brown creations to salads, burgers, and chicken-fried steak, all plated up in big, bold, bright diner style. Good, honest food for the masses at affordable prices, the Rudy’s business model since 2002. Which means hipsters jacked up on espresso join tables with Italian-soda sipping young parents and toddlers anticipating funny-faced pancakes, while the well-heeled set chugs ale at the bar next to the college kids who nurse Olympia, killing time before a show at the Fox. Barbies, monkeys, and fork-wielding iconic Rudy are everywhere, fun stuff that can put smiles on most people’s faces. Other joints that try to be so many things to so many people can fail miserably, but not Rudy’s—where failing is not an option. 1805 Telegraph Ave., 510-251-9400 (also 4081 Hollis St., Emeryville, 510-594-1221), www.IAmRudy.com

http://www.oaklandmagazine.com/Oakland-Magazine/July-2014/2014-Best-Of-Oakland-and-the-East-Bay/

603611_10152399474733961_518283454913595

• Hermione changed the title to Random Green Day News