Random Green Day News

Hermione

7 minutes ago, GreenDayItaly said:

I didn't know whether to open a topic. 'United Strike Back' is out today, a collaborative single for charity, that features also Tré Cool 

More info about it: https://www.gratefulweb.com/articles/gogol-bordello-friends-release-united-strike-back-collaborative-charity-song-ukrainian

Pretty good song.   I kept hoping for some lead vocals by Tre, but it's cool.  

Gogol Bordello is a band I've tried repeatedly to get into, but their full albums are uh....terrible.   Haha.   Start Wearing Purple is a wonderful song and God of Sameness is alright, and now this one is good too. 

8 hours ago, GreenDayItaly said:

I didn't know whether to open a topic. 'United Strike Back' is out today, a collaborative single for charity, that features also Tré Cool 

More info about it: https://www.gratefulweb.com/articles/gogol-bordello-friends-release-united-strike-back-collaborative-charity-song-ukrainian

There's a thread for it here

37 minutes ago, pcj said:

👍

I hope @That Dude doesn't see this. lol

Wow.  What a troll ranking.  🤣   Well, at least they hate Haushinka too.  But skip Too Dumb To Die????  That's the greatest song ever!!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, That Dude said:

Wow.  What a troll ranking.  🤣   Well, at least they hate Haushinka too.  But skip Too Dumb To Die????  That's the greatest song ever!!!!

Now look, we’ve been here before….. 😉😘

• Haha 1

Reference to GD here (not read it yet) 

Reference to GD here too

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, That Dude said:

Some FOAM positivity for us FOAM enthusiasts.     https://tapeop.com/interviews/138/butch-walker/

Billie Joe was burned out in producing Green Day records himself for so long, and was ready to do something different.   When Butch told him he wanted to produced something new and fresh, Billie Joe was on the same page, desperate for a change.  

So there we have it, not a troll.  Even if you despise FOAM and think it's worst garbage ever, FOAM was simply a way for the band to stretch their artistic wings, getting out of their comfort zone.

I hope that Billie is enjoying the process this time around and that he makes no compromises in the music he wanted to make.      

Thanks for that, a really fascinating interview. I've always thought of FOAM as just escaping, just letting of steam. Maybe like going to an illegal rave and just loosing yourself. As the song title says "Let Yourself Go". 

Now with band's batteries recharged, back to reality and lets make album 14 something really special.

Oh! By the way @That Dude thank you for a clearly understandable post, with clarity and easy to follow. Should have it framed.lol. 😁

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, pcj said:

Thanks for that, a really fascinating interview. I've always thought of FOAM as just escaping, just letting of steam. Maybe like going to an illegal rave and just loosing yourself. As the song title says "Let Yourself Go". 

Now with band's batteries recharged, back to reality and lets make album 14 something really special.

Oh! By the way @That Dude thank you for a clearly understandable post, with clarity and easy to follow. Should have it framed.lol. 😁

I'm reading this right after posting a fake tracklist for 1972, haha! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, That Dude said:

Father of All was a #1 record.   And yet nobody really knows about it, and the band don't play it live.  I think Covid is the reason for both those things, and now they've decided on releasing new stuff instead.  Still a bummer, but it makes sense.

And while I don't understand the hate of the album, there are a couple songs that I skip most of the time.  Fire Ready Aim is fun, but weak and Stab You In the Heart is one of the worst Green Day songs ever.  Other than that, it's a really great record.   Meet Me On the Roof is a bop.  Junkies is an experiment done right and there is some classic sounds on the record too.  

giphy.gif

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Grohl said:

giphy.gif

Also, Rick and Morty is awesome.  I don't recall any Green Day references in it though.   Shame shame.   

Just wanted to post this here because I remember there being some speculation on this site that GD might do the next super bowl show after one of their songs was used in a trailer - apparently it's been confirmed that Miley Cyrus is in negotiations to do it alongside two male singers. Therefore probably not gonna be GD.

21 hours ago, That Dude said:

Oh no, more FOAM hate.  :(  I was trying to find the worst The Used album and came across this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_music_considered_the_worst#1980s–1990s

Father of All is better than Breakdown, Dookie, 39, Kerplunk, Insomniac......and possibly more! 

While I don't pay much attention to those kinds of lists because what's being labelled as "the worst" is actually just people taking very popular artists' least popular albums and isn't an accurate representation of actual bad music, it is kinda sad to see GD on here especially with it being such a short list 😕

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Oh man, this sucks.   Rodeo Queens need to reunite as soon as Jesse recovers enough to do so.    So scary.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/jesse-malin-stroke-healthcare-fund-1234770111/

Here’s the link to donate to help Jesse with expenses

https://www.sweetrelief.org/jessemalinfund.html

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've ranked every single Green Day song from worst to best.  

Make Out Party didn't make out too well.  Last Ride In slid into a beautiful C section.   Pulling Teeth (and One Eyed Bastard) are in B.   8th Avenue Seranade is in A tier and one S Tier is Deadbeat Holiday.