Random Green Day News

Hermione

On 11/29/2021 at 1:29 PM, Vintage Disciple said:

I had to look twice when I saw Billie and the words "currently active".  😪

The best/worst was when Oakland Coffee tagged him and the account link was still dormant. 

I hope he’s dropped off the radar because he’s doing something great. Or taking a break is good for him that’s good. I hope he comes back stronger and happier and ready for a great time and tour and everything. I hope he’s resting and revamping and reinventing etc. He’s super creative, a workaholic and I think he lives to create and likes to share and try new stuff. I wonder what amazing projects he’s working on. Out with the old, in with the new, all amazing wonderful new projects or new songs for existing projects maybe. I hope he’s happy and excited to share. Or on a rest and taking a break. Hopefully coming back soon with new music or interviews or something.

I hope that means Instagram too. Staring stories, posts about new projects etc. This past year has been pretty sucky. I miss the posts and news and No Fun Mondays and the Network/Fink and the Longshot etc.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, GreenDayItaly said:

Kevin Preston solo debut single "Caprice" is now available to pre-order from Wild Honey Records! Available in 3 different colours: black, red and white! Also the track 'Caprice' is now available on all digital platforms! https://wildhoneyrecords.bandcamp.com/album/caprice

263961739_7267203329971973_5761365035702

It’s cool but short at 1:19. Looking forward to the other tracks. 

• Like 3

You guys remember The Skids.   

The Saints Are Coming band are one of a very elite class of 70s punk rockers that are still going strong in 2021 and their album is off to a strong start with a Bang Banger called Young Savage.   

I believe it's almost all covers, HOWEVER there is a re-recorded version of THE SONG and I highly recommend it.   

1 hour ago, Beerjeezus said:

Six new songs recorded without Mike? 

I think I'll wait for the songs to come out before speculation. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HoneyEmerald said:

I think I'll wait for the songs to come out before speculation. 

What difference will that make (assuming the songs do exist)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

What difference will that make (assuming the songs do exist)

Positively none.   What's the point in even saying anything? 

3 minutes ago, jumpsalty said:

Could easily do his parts remotely/when they got home, no biggie

no shit sherlock :lol: that’s why listening to the songs won’t be a grand reveal that shows whether or not there’s bass in them.

18 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

no shit sherlock :lol: that’s why listening to the songs won’t be a grand reveal that shows whether or not there’s bass in them.

I was referring to your questioning of them recording six new songs without Mike actually, and that he not being there physically doesn’t mean he’s not on the songs? Why so rude?

• Like 1

Last time Billie said a ''spoiler'' to a fan it was for the album Father Of All and everything was true.
I think 6 new songs is legit too. Can't wait!

5 minutes ago, jumpsalty said:

I was referring to your questioning of them recording six new songs without Mike actually, and that he not being there physically doesn’t mean he’s not on the songs? Why so rude?

I wasn’t saying he’s not on the songs.

This really wouldn't surprise me. I bet they release at least something new as a surprise as part of the BBC album. I doubt that whole thing is really just going to be a bunch of old recordings, even though those old recordings have proved super awesome. I could be wrong, but I feel like it could be how they did "Back in the USA" for their greatest hits album. At any rate, I am still confident new material is coming for Billie's birthday. Even if this rumor is not exactly true, we will still get something soon.

If he said this to a fan at the show the other night, I believe it and it’s pretty awesome news. He also told a fan at a show about The Longshot project before anyone else knew so we know he does this. So an EP coming?  💚

Sucks to be Mike right now. Sure he could do his thing remotely but when everyone else is together that’s no fun and it’s no way to be in a band.

• Like 2